Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 13:07   #2041
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

I want to know if the iPad Tivo App will work with iPhone as well as i dont have an iPad
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 13:11   #2042
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Don't see why not; but won't the display be far too small?
Old 08-03-2012, 13:14   #2043
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Don't see why not; but won't the display be far too small?
You could same the same about most things on iPhone but i dont think it will depending on what your doing
Old 08-03-2012, 13:25   #2044
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Guardian: Channel 4 to launch 4seven catchup channel in the summer.

Channel 4 has secured a Freeview slot and distribution deals with Sky and Virgin Media for the project.

Maybe More4 +1 will relaunch on Virgin TV as part of this deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...?newsfeed=true
Can`t see much point in it really as you only have to go to 4 on demand to see a show you`ve missed. The only winner from what I can see is channel four by gaining more advertising revenue.
Old 08-03-2012, 14:04   #2045
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
So the gestation period of an Elephant
PMSL, that made me spill coffee all over my desk

Quote:

Channel 4 has secured a Freeview slot and distribution deals with Sky and Virgin Media for the project.

I hope so, I was annoyed when More4 +1 was removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Can`t see much point in it really as you only have to go to 4 on demand to see a show you`ve missed. The only winner from what I can see is channel four by gaining more advertising revenue.
For VM customers this is especially true, but it can be useful to get another chance to record a programme.
Old 08-03-2012, 14:17   #2046
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I want to know if the iPad Tivo App will work with iPhone as well as i dont have an iPad
I believe it works on iPhone/iPod touch , the US version certainly does
Old 08-03-2012, 14:19   #2047
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

There will be a closing down announcement by Al Gore at 11.50pm on Sunday, before Current TV finally closes for good. He will be sharing his thoughts on the UK channels successes and closure, so it may prove to be controversial as far as Sky are concerned.

I recommend people watch and/or record it...
Old 08-03-2012, 14:29   #2048
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Denphone is right, and it was 2 or 3 years, not just two. Whilst looking that up I found a post on digital spy forum where somebody (go on, guess who!) had emailed the ceo's office for an update in November last year (2011) where the respondent stated Virgin are still on course to meet this claim. So they have another year and 9 months...
I do not think that there will be 80 HD channels by then, we have curently have 67 in the UK, with about another 4 planned for launch

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
[/COLOR]But you didn't answer the question, Alan. Are you not hankering after these channels just for the sake of it? There are only a few worth having.
All the channels I have stated are the ones that could come, but as i have said, it is rather hopeless!
Old 08-03-2012, 14:29   #2049
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Now i have Freeview aswell i want more channels on there aswell.
Old 08-03-2012, 14:30   #2050
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:

So that is another channel coming to VM!

Does his mean VM will get More4+1 and More4+2 (for a short time)?
Old 08-03-2012, 14:31   #2051
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

But who cares, really, other than it being another stick to beat VM with ("you said there's be 80 and there isn't. There's 79!!!").

They can add all the channels they like but I'm willing to bet that all these moaners only ever watch stuff on no more than half-a-dozen channels; just like the rest of us!

Edited to add:
I'm sorry. My comment was regarding adding channels in general, rather than HD specifically. So let me add this...

I think it might be an idea for VM to replace the SD version of a given channel with the HD version, if available. Of course, the problem with that is that you can't view HD channels on a non-HDTV with anything except the Tivo. So maybe they can do that when everyone has a Tivo device; which is something they are working towards.
Old 08-03-2012, 14:37   #2052
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:

[/COLOR]VM Tivo iPad app to come in September

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/03/0..._in_september/
Thst great news, lets hope I can see at least some of the channels on VM on my ipad as well (i.e. like Sky Go)

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Quote:
But who cares, really, other than it being another stick to beat VM with ("you said there's be 80 and there isn't. There's 79!!!").

They can add all the channels they like but I'm willing to bet that all these moaners only ever watch stuff on no more than half-a-dozen channels; just like the rest of us!
We should still get thsese non-BSkyB HD channels:

Animal Planet HD

Disney Channel HD

Disney Cinemagic HD

Disney Cinemagic HD

ESPN America HD

ITV 2 HD

ITV 3 HD

ITV 4 HD

MTV HD

NHK World HD

S4C Clirlun

Universal Channel HD
Old 08-03-2012, 14:42   #2053
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Yes and I agree, but (assuming you don't already watch the SD version of those channels), which will you start watching regularly should VM get them? And if the answer is "none" then why are you so adamant that VM gets the just because they're available on Satellite?
Old 08-03-2012, 14:44   #2054
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yes and I agree, but (assuming you don't already watch the SD version of those channels), which will you start watching regularly should VM get them? And if the answer is "none" then why are you so adamant that VM gets the just because they're available on Satellite?
Of those, I am keen on ITV3, ITV4, NHK World (only on HD) and ESPN America
Old 08-03-2012, 14:54   #2055
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Good news that is. Will be a good channel i reckon

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

VM Tivo iPad app to come in September

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/03/0..._in_september/
What a joke have to wait till sept for ipad,what about us android users are we next jan?
Closed Thread