Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 01-03-2012, 16:34   #2416
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky sports red button

Over on the Community Forum it's been said that the BBC stuff will be added over the next month - so anytime up to the beginning of April

As soon as there is a confirmed date then I'm sure there will be a post
Old 01-03-2012, 16:40   #2417
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Thanks Ben... your a superstar for info as always
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:13   #2418
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Not working for me, just getting an error screen. Also, now when I'm watching Sky Sports, the mini guide hangs and it won't respond to any of the button presses for about 15 seconds.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:29   #2419
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Not working for me, just getting an error screen. Also, now when I'm watching Sky Sports, the mini guide hangs and it won't respond to any of the button presses for about 15 seconds.
give TiVo a reboot and see if that fixes it.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:36   #2420
friends1980
Inactive

Services: VIP-50, Tivo-1TB.
friends1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same issue, getting error code V301 saying app currently unavailable.

then it hang on the channel for about 15-20 before any kinda action, also i have no apps showing too.
friends1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 17:49   #2421
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

mine is working at mo and had no issues on all the times ive pressed red on SS1HD
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:19   #2422
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends1980 View Post
I am having the same issue, getting error code V301 saying app currently unavailable.

then it hang on the channel for about 15-20 before any kinda action, also i have no apps showing too.
Looks like a known issue: ExTelewest looking at those regions

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/1070177

Quote:
We're currently having issues across the country affecting all On Demand and Interactive services
on your Digital Television & TiVO boxes.

Digital TV Symptoms:

When trying to access the Interactive menus you could find the box will lock up and freeze when trying to access any of the Interactive options and on the Red Button services.

You may also have issues with your On Demand services stating the message of 'On Demand Services Are Temporarily Unavailable'

TiVO Box Symptoms:

When trying to access On Demand (including Catch Up & On Demand), you may see:

All listings are greyed out
Network Availability message (Some features are unavailable right now. You may still be able to watch Live TV and recordings)
No programmes currently available

When trying to access Apps & Games and the Red Button services you may find:

Applications are missing
Blank page with no icons

This will affect all customers in the areas below:

North West
North East
South London
Midlands
Cotswolds
South East
Avon
Uddingston
Glenrothes
Edinburgh
Birmingham
Yorkshire
West London
North London
Southern Regions

If you have an area reference on your bill of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 or 18 chances are you've been affected by this outage.

Virgin Media would like to apologise for any inconvience caused, we're currently working on the issue as fast as possible to get this resolved. The fault reference for this outage is F001910327.
Old 01-03-2012, 18:29   #2423
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Ah, I see. Thanks for posting that

Yes, I am ex-Telewest. I thought the system had been merged by now but I guess not.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:04   #2424
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Looks like a known issue: ExTelewest looking at those regions

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/1070177
We always get left behind the queue Or do they just think that we are slow
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:26   #2425
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I have the red button here as well it loads so quickly I'm well impressed.

Once the BBC services launch TiVo will be complete for interactive services.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:30   #2426
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Should get a few more Tivos into homes people that were waiting for this to launch
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:30   #2427
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
A nice surprise when you get home den,have a good time mate.
Thanks Richard.
Old 01-03-2012, 19:36   #2428
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Ah, I see. Thanks for posting that

Yes, I am ex-Telewest. I thought the system had been merged by now but I guess not.
Yeah, it's all from one super headend in Langley, but just like VOD has regional headends, then the platform has sub sections.
Old 01-03-2012, 19:58   #2429
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
give TiVo a reboot and see if that fixes it.
Spelling mistake there DF don't you mean boot
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:02   #2430
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
Spelling mistake there DF don't you mean boot
I'd never do that to a TiVo