Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:04   #91
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Tivo

It's like anything it'll start of high then a year or so later it will drop down in price
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48   #92
jaykay74
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, TiVo 1TB x2, Virgin Media XL Broadband, Virgin Media Talk Unlimited
jaykay74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Standard Price £199
Installation £40
http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...859&highlight=
Old 01-12-2010, 11:59   #93
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Hmmm £240 to downgrade to a two tuner box (at lauch at least) seems a bit ridiculous to me. Unless there's a VIP offer I don't think I'll be going anywhere near this until they bring the price down and make the box fully functional.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05   #94
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

Hope they do some deal for long-term VIP XL customers and the like. Want this!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05   #95
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You can pre register your interest in getting one of the new TiVo boxes by filling in this online form.

https://tivo.virginmedia.com/public/interest
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18   #96
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Hmmm £240 to downgrade to a two tuner box (at lauch at least) seems a bit ridiculous to me. Unless there's a VIP offer I don't think I'll be going anywhere near this until they bring the price down and make the box fully functional.
Odd that there are only 2 tuners at launch. Anyway.... SOLD! Names down.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18   #97
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Cannot survive without 3 tuners in my house, will wait until they upgrade before buying. I take it this is a software upgrade they are referring to not that the box has 1 less physical tuner, surely not!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:23   #98
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

First in depth look at the VM TiVo box:

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...by-tivo-912071
Old 01-12-2010, 12:29   #99
scrooge
Inactive

scrooge is on a distinguished roadscrooge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay74 View Post
Standard Price £199
Installation £40
http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...859&highlight=
does the £199 mean the box will belong to the customer?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42   #100
jaykay74
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, TiVo 1TB x2, Virgin Media XL Broadband, Virgin Media Talk Unlimited
jaykay74 is an unknown quantity at this point

The TiVo iPad app will be coming to Virgin Media.
http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...service-912206
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42   #101
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I was almost bang on the button £189 for existing customers! It's the same as the v+, while the demand is through the roof it will keep the prices up and as demand falls so will the price.

The third tuner will be made active next year which is nice to know.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43   #102
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
It's probably the usual VM pricing model: You buy it for VM and then rent it from them.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44   #103
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
No its a £149 activation fee and a £40 installation fee
Old 01-12-2010, 12:48   #104
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay74 View Post
The TiVo iPad app will be coming to Virgin Media.
http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...service-912206
Not only have VM just got a sale but Apple have too!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53   #105
monkeyonamoped
Inactive

monkeyonamoped will become famous soon enoughmonkeyonamoped will become famous soon enoughmonkeyonamoped will become famous soon enough

I think that unless people on the VIP package are given a hefty discount I will be taking the unusual step of waiting until all of the features are working & the price has come down to an affordable level before I throw my hat in to the ring.

I do think that VIP customers will be offered a better deal - VM did seem to take notice of how disgruntled VIP'ers were with the additional charges for Sky Premium HD.

I'll certainly wait until all three tuners are active before ordering, there are certain times of the week where three tuners comes in very handy.
Closed Thread