Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CF: Clickers Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CF: Clickers Corner

Old 23-10-2011, 09:35   #736
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Can someone please tell me how to set up my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10 12 mega pixel camera? I'd be very grateful. I am not happy with the sharpness as per attached photo.
Looks like low light / slower shutter leading to blur.

What does the EXIF info say? Give us all of that info.

Right rick the photo / properties and scroll down the details tab and it'll tell yuo the ISO, Shutter, Apature and some other stuff - just do a screen grab if it makes it easier than typing it out.
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2011, 10:06   #737
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Hello Lee please see attached snips
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (36.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (39.3 KB, 11 views)
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 10:17   #738
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

setting the flash to auto will help you out. otherwise, a higher ISO setting should do it (in conjunction with relevant shutter speed for correct exposure) along with some kind of stablising (ie, tripod, monopod or leaning against something when hitting the shutter release)
Old 23-10-2011, 10:31   #739
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks for that Idi I will try a few experiments this afternoon and see how it goes. Will get back to you if any probs OK?
Old 23-10-2011, 10:44   #740
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

sounds like a plan. though I must admit, I try to avoid using flash as much as I can. I think natural / ambient light is FAR better. I know some strobists will argue, but it's personal preference!
Old 23-10-2011, 13:32   #741
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
sounds like a plan. though I must admit, I try to avoid using flash as much as I can. I think natural / ambient light is FAR better. I know some strobists will argue, but it's personal preference!
Screen cap 2 is the setting we needed.

As said above - don't use flash. Try increasing the ISO and setting a faster shutter. Or use a mono / tripod...
Old 23-10-2011, 13:44   #742
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

A Monopod like this on Ebay which shows the difference with and without.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-67-Stu...item2c5fcac310
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 09:00   #743
Tinky
To err is human

Took a couple of photos changing the ISO, first photo ISO-80 and second is ISO-1600, but unfortunately can't see much difference, in fact the first seems the best. I have since changed all the settings to auto including ISO and flash, but what setting should the white balance be?

I don't want to buy one of these mono thingies as it won't fit in my handbag lol! Good suggestion though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80ISO.jpg (520.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1600.jpg (382.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 24-10-2011, 14:07   #744
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Took a couple of photos changing the ISO, first photo ISO-80 and second is ISO-1600, but unfortunately can't see much difference, in fact the first seems the best. I have since changed all the settings to auto including ISO and flash, but what setting should the white balance be?

I don't want to buy one of these mono thingies as it won't fit in my handbag lol! Good suggestion though.

The first should be the best,and i can see a hugh difference in quality, the lower the ISO the better, always try and shoot on iso100 or the lowest it goes to unless you are shooting in poor light, then you can go up a little although on that sort of camera i wouldn't go higher than 800 due to loss of quality

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Quote:
Hello Lee please see attached snips
The shutter speed on the second screenshot 1/8 is way to slow, this is why you are getting blurring problems, on manual setting you should be shooting with at least 1/100 to get a nice sharp picture
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 16:38   #745
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I thought you guys might be interested in this ,some fantastic photo's here for the Landscape photographer of the year competition
Old 24-10-2011, 18:56   #746
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
The first should be the best,and i can see a hugh difference in quality, the lower the ISO the better, always try and shoot on iso100 or the lowest it goes to unless you are shooting in poor light, then you can go up a little although on that sort of camera i wouldn't go higher than 800 due to loss of quality

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

The shutter speed on the second screenshot 1/8 is way to slow, this is why you are getting blurring problems, on manual setting you should be shooting with at least 1/100 to get a nice sharp picture
At the moment Roger I've got it set at intelligent ISO (?) but how to adjust the shutter speed or is that the same thing?
Old 01-11-2011, 20:25   #747
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Hi all. After a little info regarding my latest purchase.

After having a Digital Bridge camera for a couple of years I've been toying with a DSLR for a while now. Mainly for the greater versatility, ability to use different lenses etc.

I've finally taken the plunge and on a limited budget, gone for the entry level Nikon D3000 with 18-55 vr lense kit for £299 all in. (They even threw in an 8gig ultra sd).

Good choice or bad choice? Anyone had any experience with this particular camera and if so how have you found it to be in terms of quality images and versatility.

I'm really a bit of a novice when it comes to photography so any hints welcome.

Phil
Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 20:56   #748
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Replacement digital camera, for a lady.
Required a digital camera with a viewfinder, problems with sun on screen.
Price for replacement no problem, but it must be small. (something you would put into a jacket pocket)
Just had a quick look at that shop that shifts computers in boxes, PC W****.
Nothing found at all, nearest was a bridge camera about the size of half a house brick.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 21:06   #749
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Not cheap, but...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T9NH5G/
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 21:11   #750
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Do I see correctly £427 pounds, who are they trying to kid.
Too rich for me, a couple of hundred maybe.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote