Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CF: Clickers Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CF: Clickers Corner

Old 26-10-2010, 10:12   #601
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

I have a Canon 40D with the 17-85mm kit lens and a Sigma 100-300mm.

At university a friend would fantasize over the impossible 1-5000mm f1 pocket lens. (This was in 35mm days).

There is a sci-fi story in an Azimov collection I read that had a gravity based lens system that could work from a microscope upto a telescope in a small pocket device with absolute clarity. Now that would be pretty cool.
Old 26-10-2010, 11:29   #602
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
There is a sci-fi story in an Azimov collection I read that had a gravity based lens system that could work from a microscope upto a telescope in a small pocket device with absolute clarity. Now that would be pretty cool.
I'll have 2 please
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 17:00   #603
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

A 10 Step Guide to Taking Breathtaking Firework Photographs: http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/s...k-photographs/
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 20:15   #604
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

I spent the afternoon taking photographs at an indoor Classic Car event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. Photo set here with De Lorean, Lagonda, Wosley, Austin, Morris etc - http://www.flickr.com/photos/deltawh...7625280569524/
Old 31-10-2010, 20:52   #605
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Some lovely photographed cars there!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:44   #606
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Some lovely photographed cars there!
Thanks H. I think I timed it right, there weren't too many people there when I arrived but it got fuller as time went on making it difficult to get a clean shot.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48   #607
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I agree DeltaWhiskey, those shots are great!
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 15:41   #608
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Sad to report the death of Geoffrey Crawley, anyone who's read 'Amateur Photographer' will mourn his loss. R.I.P. Geoffrey. http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_303286.html
Old 01-11-2010, 15:54   #609
roger skillin
Inactive

roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Been playing around with Tilt Shift, which is where you make a photo appear as if it's a model http://www.flickr.com/photos/50396944@N07/5133882306/
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12   #610
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Out and about again this morning, down to Singleton Park for the late Autumn colour. - http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=2010...=7944055%40N08

Added a bit of video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ebQi5lBEs
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20   #611
roger skillin
Inactive

Loving the autumn colours in that, need to get myself out soon before they all blow away
Old 02-11-2010, 17:07   #612
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Here are my Autumnal shots, taken 2weeks ago in the park we take our dog to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0316.jpg (165.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0332.jpg (345.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC0304.jpg (241.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-11-2010, 17:19   #613
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Lovely photos guys.
Old 02-11-2010, 17:55   #614
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
Here are my Autumnal shots, taken 2weeks ago in the park we take our dog to.
Nice work. The dog looks like s/he's having fun.
Old 02-11-2010, 18:16   #615
haydnwalker
Inactive

Here's a shot a took last night, my first attempt at light trails... I thought it turned out rather well but I do still need practice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights_edit.jpg (72.1 KB, 19 views)