Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-08-2016, 00:42   #226
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
But it is a box.... I should have stuck with my first instincts yesterday.

Russian dolls come to mind here.
I think its smaller than its percieved it looks like extra shadow until a proper picture is given with box diameters and not a artist perception, we'll never know...
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2016, 00:49   #227
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Still a lot of money for tv though tbf.
Netflix and Amazon have some 4k stuff and are cheaper than Sky and Vm too.........

---------- Post added at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
I think its smaller than its percieved it looks like extra shadow until a proper picture is given with box diameters and not a artist perception, we'll never know...
I thought we were seeing a picture of a cardboard box and the stb was inside, hence that Russian dolls comment.

We roughly know the dimensions now as the lastest picture has the remote next to it. As Spiderplant said, its about the size of a large paperback book.

Last edited by Horizon; 12-08-2016 at 00:52.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:35   #228
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not sure exactly where your getting your figures

Sky+ Family Bundle , Sports and Movies (HD) £80
Sky Q Silver , Sports and Movies (HD , UHD) £92

As I said UHD costs more
The Sky Q Silver bundle gives viewing in 2 rooms.

Sky+HD with Sports HD and Movies in 2 rooms is £92 per month too.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:06   #229
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure the prices will be better at launch, those seem too high. But we don't know what VM's other charges will be before we can judge properly.
Yes too many coming to quick conclusions IMO as no prices have been confirmed by Virgin yet.

---------- Post added at 06:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Virgin have messed this one up badly
Never rush to make such quick judgements as you might look a bit foolish in the end.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:00   #230
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Can't believe people Paul this much to watch repeats
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:20   #231
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

That is one ugly box. If you compare them to woman the sky q would be the stunner that walks into the night club that everyone notices and the virgin box would be the right honker that you make do with at 3 in the morning
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:31   #232
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes too many coming to quick conclusions IMO as no prices have been confirmed by Virgin yet.

---------- Post added at 06:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 ----------

Never rush to make such quick judgements as you might look a bit foolish in the end.
Don't get where u get that From

Virgin £199 for box and £15 per month

Sky £0 for box and £12 per month

Even taking away the monthly fee £199 v £0
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:37   #233
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

You are making a quick judgement on prices when Virgin have not even revealed their pricing details yet so it is a absolute folly to make comparisons yet IMO on prices.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:51   #234
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
That is one ugly box. If you compare them to woman the sky q would be the stunner that walks into the night club that everyone notices and the virgin box would be the right honker that you make do with at 3 in the morning
I do probably sky q is like a present you get and you wow you look nice don't you, and what your free oh so much better, but with virgin you get a ugly box and you get smile and say thanks till they hit you with £199 bill, you go wait in a existing customer but they go I know, only new customers get it for £99, can I just have first present please

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Quote:
You are making a quick judgement on prices when Virgin have not even revealed their pricing details yet so it is a absolute folly to make comparisons yet IMO on prices.
What is a quick judgement about

Even taking away the monthly fee £199 v £0

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

Quote:
Media boy has given the info and it's really simple

Virgin will take £199 for a 4K box and sky don't charge for a 4K box

If you know something more tell us what we are missing

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Can't believe people Paul this much to watch repeats
I know as I say below sky don't charge for a box or when they do it's £99 max but virgin think hell we can charge £199 and see who pays

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

But also that £15 must include the current £5 TiVo charge so £10 a month more
Old 12-08-2016, 08:51   #235
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

its a defo no from me as well, can get two tivo boxes for that price per month which would give you six tuners.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:46   #236
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
its a defo no from me as well, can get two tivo boxes for that price per month which would give you six tuners.
Exactly mate well done same here, they will look after new customers and we get asked for £200. They are competing with sky but charge more than £100 to £200 not good business sense

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

I just spoke with somebody called charlotte who asked somebody in the know and I'll just quote what she said

V6 prices and box costs are in a pilot phase at the monent and these prices are being reviewed
Old 12-08-2016, 09:47   #237
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I will probably end up getting it, maybe not at launch, but need to get my hands on a 4K TV first lol

Wonder if they will reveal anymore details about launch 4K content or any new stuff they have lined up?
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:19   #238
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
The Sky Q Silver bundle gives viewing in 2 rooms.

Sky+HD with Sports HD and Movies in 2 rooms is £92 per month too.
Agreed but those just wanting 4K not bothered about multiroom are paying more that was my point.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27   #239
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Agreed but those just wanting 4K not bothered about multiroom are paying more that was my point.
Yeah they don't get a choice, maybe find a way to suit both
Old 12-08-2016, 11:18   #240
veeemmm

6 tuners will fill 1Tb in no time at all given the inadequate epg data. Especially now we can no longer choose which channels to record from (due to the IMO ill-conceived "series links+") and end up with duplicates from the different channel variations due to the "generic episode problem". Just imagine it recording the same program on 6 tuners and then the same again from +1 channel(s) for good measure. Good luck ever being away from Tivo for a few days without manually purging planning constantly. No signs of Tivo ever changing the 30 day rule where it "forgets" what you have watched and records all over again too. After 15 years of loyalty bonuses due to poor reliability and performance, it is time to move on for me.