Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 00:42   #1711
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Netflix price increase from £6.99 to £7.49 for new customers, current customers get the old price held for a year.
Again? Glad i've got an old subscription although it's getting to the price where do I think is it worth it when the old price ends.

Source?

Found it here

https://www.netflix.com/getstarted?locale=en-GB
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2015, 08:12   #1712
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

and confirmed on an email last night they sent ... to be fair a 50p increase is nothing to worry about ...

Dear Mr A ,
In order to continue adding more TV programmes and films, including great Netflix series such as House of Cards and Better Call Saul, we are increasing our price for new members from £6.99 to £7.49 for the 2 screens at a time plan. As a thank you for being a member of Netflix already, we guarantee that your current plan and price will not change for one year.
You can review your membership details at any time by visiting Your Account. As always, if you have questions, we are happy to answer them. Please call us at any time on 0800 096 6380.
–The Netflix Team
Old 11-06-2015, 11:17   #1713
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
and confirmed on an email last night they sent ... to be fair a 50p increase is nothing to worry about ...

Dear Mr A ,
In order to continue adding more TV programmes and films, including great Netflix series such as House of Cards and Better Call Saul, we are increasing our price for new members from £6.99 to £7.49 for the 2 screens at a time plan. As a thank you for being a member of Netflix already, we guarantee that your current plan and price will not change for one year.
You can review your membership details at any time by visiting Your Account. As always, if you have questions, we are happy to answer them. Please call us at any time on 0800 096 6380.
–The Netflix Team
50p is nothing really considering how much original programming they are making nowadays.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:27   #1714
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Exactly, and if they had stuff on there like Rizzoli and all 3 of the NCIS franchises then I would only need Virgin for the Sports so I could watch the golf.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:34   #1715
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
50p is nothing really considering how much original programming they are making nowadays.
I agree. However, as more programming gets added, costs will increase for Netflix.

They may reach a point where they need to have a two or three tier structure so that you can pay less for a more limited choice. However, that may be a few years off yet.
Old 11-06-2015, 15:31   #1716
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Original content does not equate to quality though. Bloodlines was pretty acceptable, but some of the other stuff has been pretty standard in my eyes.
Old 11-06-2015, 15:46   #1717
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Original content does not equate to quality though. Bloodlines was pretty acceptable, but some of the other stuff has been pretty standard in my eyes.
Everyone has different tastes in shows personally i thought from dusk til dawn the series, orange is the new black, marco polo, sense8 and daredevil were superb.
Old 11-06-2015, 19:13   #1718
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

I never finished From Dusk til Dawn and Sense8 i'm on the fence with as i felt it was too buch bloat and not enough substance, but Straczynski is known for sowing seeds that seem pointless to begin with but turn out to be important in later seasons, season 2 will hopefully have less Wachowski and more Straczynski. All of their other original shows i've loved or liked though, Bloodlines probably the least.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:11   #1719
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Everyone has different tastes in shows personally i thought from dusk til dawn the series, orange is the new black, marco polo, sense8 and daredevil were superb.
Indeed they do. I have greatly enjoyed House Of Cards, ORITNB and Lilyhammer. They do have great content too, but unfortunately, like all other content providers they are going to produce original content that is not of interest to me or content I do not like. I never cared for Marco Polo or Dusk Til Dawn and Sense 8 is really not my thing. Daredevil is fairly decent, I agree, it's just that I struggle with the premise of that super hero. A couple more recent releases - Kimmy Schmidt and Frankie and Grace are just not for me either.

I guess I am a bit odd with my viewing habits, as well as documentaries, I really do like dark TV shows with a bit mystery, that are set very much in the present with characters who seem like they could be real people and often have morale conundrums in them. Luther, Broadchurch, Whitechapel, Law and Order: CI, Law and Order, Shield, Braquo and True Detective are probably my favourite TV shows from the past 10-15 years. As such, this really limits the content I like. It's the same with Atlantic, so much is not of interest or has shows what I would class as average or poor. I am happy to try new shows, but it's rare for me to rave over them.
For example - Banshee, is sadly pretty average. It's plot for the second season was better than I thought it would be and it does very little wrong in terms of script, acting or direction. There is something missing that stops me from enjoying it as much as I would like to though. Also, Battlestar Gallactica and Fire Fox were excellently made all round, but I could not rave about them purely because they did not keep my attention enough - and much to my brothers amazement I can only rate them as average TV shows.

Perhaps I should stay out of content discussions because I am a very fussy watcher of TV.

Netflix is a great service as it stands, though, but in a years time I may have a £2 price hike to contend with, in which I may not get HD content and I would then have to decide whether or not the service is worth while. With the content it is producing at the moment, I would have to question whether it is..
Old 12-06-2015, 10:41   #1720
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Indeed they do. I have greatly enjoyed House Of Cards, ORITNB and Lilyhammer. They do have great content too, but unfortunately, like all other content providers they are going to produce original content that is not of interest to me or content I do not like. I never cared for Marco Polo or Dusk Til Dawn and Sense 8 is really not my thing. Daredevil is fairly decent, I agree, it's just that I struggle with the premise of that super hero. A couple more recent releases - Kimmy Schmidt and Frankie and Grace are just not for me either.

I guess I am a bit odd with my viewing habits, as well as documentaries, I really do like dark TV shows with a bit mystery, that are set very much in the present with characters who seem like they could be real people and often have morale conundrums in them. Luther, Broadchurch, Whitechapel, Law and Order: CI, Law and Order, Shield, Braquo and True Detective are probably my favourite TV shows from the past 10-15 years. As such, this really limits the content I like. It's the same with Atlantic, so much is not of interest or has shows what I would class as average or poor. I am happy to try new shows, but it's rare for me to rave over them.
For example - Banshee, is sadly pretty average. It's plot for the second season was better than I thought it would be and it does very little wrong in terms of script, acting or direction. There is something missing that stops me from enjoying it as much as I would like to though. Also, Battlestar Gallactica and Fire Fox were excellently made all round, but I could not rave about them purely because they did not keep my attention enough - and much to my brothers amazement I can only rate them as average TV shows.

Perhaps I should stay out of content discussions because I am a very fussy watcher of TV.

Netflix is a great service as it stands, though, but in a years time I may have a £2 price hike to contend with, in which I may not get HD content and I would then have to decide whether or not the service is worth while. With the content it is producing at the moment, I would have to question whether it is..
I think we are all fussy viewers, Harry, but we are all hung up on different things. Most of the programmes you have highlighted I like very much, and it is the very wide distribution of those programmes over many different channels and streaming services that makes us all pay rather more than we want to pay in the end.

However, for me, content is everything and my hope is that in the not too distant future we will be able to choose practically whatever we want from the libraries of programmes available to us. However, I don't like to dwell too much on how much this might cost!
Old 12-06-2015, 11:16   #1721
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think we are all fussy viewers, Harry, but we are all hung up on different things. Most of the programmes you have highlighted I like very much, and it is the very wide distribution of those programmes over many different channels and streaming services that makes us all pay rather more than we want to pay in the end.

However, for me, content is everything and my hope is that in the not too distant future we will be able to choose practically whatever we want from the libraries of programmes available to us. However, I don't like to dwell too much on how much this might cost!
Yeah, I guess that is where I might be lucky in the future. I will happily drop services if the content is not there for me.

I think your idea is what everyone wants, but like you say, cost is best not mentioned.......nor potential advertising
Old 12-06-2015, 11:29   #1722
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Orange is The New Black S03 now on Netflix
Old 12-06-2015, 18:54   #1723
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I have loved a lot of their Original Content, House of Cards, OITNB, Daredevil (This was superb one of the best superheroes TV series I can remember) Marco Polo, Arrested Development.

I have only seen one episode of Sense8 and found it a bit messy which is a shame due to the great JMS being involved.

Hot Girls Wanted seems rather intersting
Old 12-06-2015, 19:09   #1724
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I have loved a lot of their Original Content, House of Cards, OITNB, Daredevil (This was superb one of the best superheroes TV series I can remember) Marco Polo, Arrested Development.

I have only seen one episode of Sense8 and found it a bit messy which is a shame due to the great JMS being involved.

Hot Girls Wanted seems rather intersting
This reviewer suggests sticking with Sense8 - at least for the time being. Well written review if you're interested:

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough....x2_netflix.php
Old 12-06-2015, 21:25   #1725
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/wachowsk...etflixs-sense8