Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

Old 18-09-2011, 20:57   #61
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

Hyperoptic wont be FTTC it will be FTTB, they will need to fit a node in the building and use either an existing fibre network in the building (unlikely) or run their own. This would probably be through blown fibre microducts.

I doubt your building will have the provision for this service now and fitting it would be very costly.

More than likely it will be FTTC and you will get an up to 40Mbps VDSL service like BT infinity. Still better than ADSL!

Also might be useful to know that Hyperoptic are owned by BE Broadband.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2011, 21:09   #62
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

They aren't owned by BE. They were set up by two of the people who set up BE, then sold it to O2.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 21:10   #63
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
I just ejaculated.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
They aren't owned by BE. They were set up by two of the people who set up BE, then sold it to O2.
I just got blue balls.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 21:49   #64
Stutch
Inactive

Stutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Hyperoptic wont be FTTC it will be FTTB, they will need to fit a node in the building and use either an existing fibre network in the building (unlikely) or run their own. This would probably be through blown fibre microducts.

I doubt your building will have the provision for this service now and fitting it would be very costly.

More than likely it will be FTTC and you will get an up to 40Mbps VDSL service like BT infinity. Still better than ADSL!

Thanks for that. After speaking to them on the phone, they didn't seem to keen on providing it to a building unless they had 50+ customers.

The building I am in is fairly new but not sure they will allow FTTB as there is a contract with Sky (for TV and I *think* internet). I will even be happy for FTTC since currently you get about 2Mbps here.

Unfortunately, either way, the rollout seems like it will be slow and a low chance of either FTTC or FTTB at my location for another 6months minimum

I also called BT re:Infinity on Friday and they said no plans and no ETA or anything nor Option 3 with fibre. Just regular broadband.
Stutch is offline   Reply With Quote