Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 14-10-2011, 17:04   #121
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
For anyone who wants to watch the fight tomorrow online, here's a copy of an e-mail I received from BoxNation which contains a link to the official stream. I've heard the picture and sound quality will be top notch!

"Watch LIVE & ONLINE this weekend for FREE by visiting http://boxnation.tv/live.php

Our line up this weekend includes Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellow for the WBO Light – Heavyweight Championship on Saturday from 18:00 (UK Time).

BoxNation is home to the most knowledgeable and engaging team in boxing including presenters Jim Rosenthal and Paul Dempsey, pundit Steve Bunce and commentator John Rawling.

Tune in to Sky channel 456 to catch all the action.

The BoxNation team"

Please note whilst the e-mail suggests the action starts from 6pm, I have been reliably informed the broadcast will be from 7pm. I do not know if this link will also cover Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson at 2am Sunday morning.

I'll keep you posted if I get further info.
Did you get Sky TV installed today ?
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2011, 17:27   #122
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Did you get Sky TV installed today ?
There is a long story to this, but the short version is no. The install was rescheduled for Monday which is after tomorrows big fight on BoxNation. This cheesed me off, and the arrival of SKY Anytime on Virgin made me think twice.

Anyway I called Virgin to cancel, and thought I'd give retentions a try. I explined I wanted to leave and had already joined SKY. I offered to e-mail proof to show I wasn't just being a chancer. I said it wasn't too late for me to change my mind and gave plenty of BS about wanting to stay loyal etc...I was offered a 500Gb TiVo, at no extra cost, and my V+box would be moved to my bedroom at no extra cost. All in my monthly subscription wouldn't be changing. I also raised the point about the expense of 0845 calls and was also offered some deal, that usually costs £2.00, for free too. Finally if I stayed this would all be on a 12 month contract, not 18.

I then started to think about some of the stuff I would lose joining SKY:

1. 50Mb broadband
2. On demand content - Including SKY Anytime
3. Catch up TV
4. ESPN, ESPN HD, ESPN Classic, ESPN America.
5. The ability to watch a channel whilst recording 2 others
6. The ability to watch VOD content on both my livingroom box and bedroom box.

I spoke with the Mrs. last night and we discussed why we want SKY:

1. More HD channel
2. BoxNation
3. SKY Atlantic
4. New channels as they launch

It was a difficult decision but I have cancelled my order with SKY last night. They refunded my £10.00 today. I've just bin-ed the 2 viewing cards they sent me and I need to return their router. I have taken the retention offer from Virgin. I'm about to join the TiVo party.

Ultimately I really want Box Nation, and did join SKY, however with the arrival of SKY Anytime on Virgin, and the thought of having to use broadband bandwidth to watch the same stuff via SKY I realised it wasn't a deal that made sense for me. I'd be giving up way too much stuff to join SKY.

For now I'll need to watch Box Nation via stream. Alternatively I also hooked up the old SKY box at my parents house and the channel is working fine. They only live 4 doors away so I can either watch the action live with my Dad or record if to watch the next day.

As for the Mrs. wanting SKY Atlantic, well let's just say I've obtained Boardwalk Empire, Game Of thrones and Blue Bloods for her today whilst off work.

I've just been reading this post back and the following line at the start has just made me chuckle:

"There is a long story to this, but the short version is no."

Imagine if I'd posted the long version
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 17:32   #123
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Glad you decided to stay on the bright side and not jump over to the dark side. Where would we have been without you mate
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 17:35   #124
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you decided to stay and not join the dark side
Old 14-10-2011, 17:36   #125
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Glad you decided to stay on the bright side and not jump over to the dark side. Where would we have been without you mate

Just noticed as I was posting this the advert at the top right of my screen:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

The whole Live & Exclusive to SKY angle doesn't look promising
Old 14-10-2011, 17:38   #126
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Just noticed as I was posting this the advert at the top right of my screen:

The whole Live & Exclusive to SKY angle doesn't look promising
It's on freeview tomorrow so it's not Exclusive to SKY
Old 14-10-2011, 17:42   #127
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There is a long story to this, but the short version is no. The install was rescheduled for Monday which is after tomorrows big fight on BoxNation. This cheesed me off, and the arrival of SKY Anytime on Virgin made me think twice.

Anyway I called Virgin to cancel, and thought I'd give retentions a try. I explined I wanted to leave and had already joined SKY. I offered to e-mail proof to show I wasn't just being a chancer. I said it wasn't too late for me to change my mind and gave plenty of BS about wanting to stay loyal etc...I was offered a 500Gb TiVo, at no extra cost, and my V+box would be moved to my bedroom at no extra cost. All in my monthly subscription wouldn't be changing. I also raised the point about the expense of 0845 calls and was also offered some deal, that usually costs £2.00, for free too. Finally if I stayed this would all be on a 12 month contract, not 18.

I then started to think about some of the stuff I would lose joining SKY:

1. 50Mb broadband
2. On demand content - Including SKY Anytime
3. Catch up TV
4. ESPN, ESPN HD, ESPN Classic, ESPN America.
5. The ability to watch a channel whilst recording 2 others
6. The ability to watch VOD content on both my livingroom box and bedroom box.

I spoke with the Mrs. last night and we discussed why we want SKY:

1. More HD channel
2. BoxNation
3. SKY Atlantic
4. New channels as they launch

It was a difficult decision but I have cancelled my order with SKY last night. They refunded my £10.00 today. I've just bin-ed the 2 viewing cards they sent me and I need to return their router. I have taken the retention offer from Virgin. I'm about to join the TiVo party.

Ultimately I really want Box Nation, and did join SKY, however with the arrival of SKY Anytime on Virgin, and the thought of having to use broadband bandwidth to watch the same stuff via SKY I realised it wasn't a deal that made sense for me. I'd be giving up way too much stuff to join SKY.

For now I'll need to watch Box Nation via stream. Alternatively I also hooked up the old SKY box at my parents house and the channel is working fine. They only live 4 doors away so I can either watch the action live with my Dad or record if to watch the next day.

As for the Mrs. wanting SKY Atlantic, well let's just say I've obtained Boardwalk Empire, Game Of thrones and Blue Bloods for her today whilst off work.

I've just been reading this post back and the following line at the start has just made me chuckle:

Hope Box Nation arrives for you At the moment its status is COMING SOON
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 17:46   #128
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Hope Box Nation arrives for you At the moment its status is COMING SOON
There was a time only a few days ago when I thought "Coming Soon" was going to be a phrase of the past. I was ready to enjoy access to new channels, straight away from launch. I'm a sucker for punishment.
Old 14-10-2011, 21:14   #129
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Glad you are staying Chad.
Old 14-10-2011, 23:13   #130
Chad
cf.mega poster

Well since Box Nation launched I've cooled my interest in Premier Sports. The Mrs. would like SKY Atlantic however we will use other methods to keep on top of the latest shows, even if that means DVD boxsets for Xmas.

A little birdy has told me that BoxNation should launch on Virgin in January. The free to view period ends in December however SKY customers who currently register their interest will get their first month free meaning that on SKY the channel is essentially free until about 21st January 2012. BoxNation executives will be presenting viewing figures for this weekends Cleverly Vs. Bellew broadcast to Virgin so hopefully our friends at SKY will tune in to help us out. Alternatively the more people who watch the official stream the better.

My source, aka little birdy, is not very reliable however he tells me the things I like hearing
Old 15-10-2011, 15:26   #131
powerfulpeanuts
Inactive

powerfulpeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you staying Chad, I was in a very similar position and think i might be hanging on too.

I just hope online it all goes ok tonight, really hope they prepared for big numbers and site doesn't crash on us. Fingers crossed for one and all.

On Freeview - this mean Box Nation now being picked up the basic boxes? I didn't know it was on there.

Either way, Box Nation going to be great - great team of presenters and amazing fights.
powerfulpeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 16:01   #132
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpeanuts View Post
Glad you staying Chad, I was in a very similar position and think i might be hanging on too.

I just hope online it all goes ok tonight, really hope they prepared for big numbers and site doesn't crash on us. Fingers crossed for one and all.

On Freeview - this mean Box Nation now being picked up the basic boxes? I didn't know it was on there.

Either way, Box Nation going to be great - great team of presenters and amazing fights.
I'm going up to my parents to watch this with my Dad. I'll be coming home to watch Hopkins Vs. Dawson via stream from 2am.

Enjoy tonights action!
Old 15-10-2011, 17:10   #133
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpeanuts View Post
It's only available on internet-connected Freeview HD TVs.

What time does it start? Whilst I have no desire to watch scantily-clad men attempting to give each other brain damage, I am interested in seeing the technology in action. Right now a couple of screens of text flash up (too fast to read) then it just says "Data Service".
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 18:22   #134
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's only available on internet-connected Freeview HD TVs.

What time does it start? Whilst I have no desire to watch scantily-clad men attempting to give each other brain damage, I am interested in seeing the technology in action. Right now a couple of screens of text flash up (too fast to read) then it just says "Data Service".
It's a 7pm start.
Old 15-10-2011, 18:23   #135
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

hi , cant belive the big day has finally arrived , and we have been let down by virgin , im going for bellow to stop cleverly late on , look forward to hearing from you all
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote