Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 09-10-2011, 20:51   #106
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Oh well, got tired of waiting so I've just joined SKY. Get my mini-dish this Friday in time for Cleverly Vs. Bellew.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

I'm in no doubt the channel will come to Virgin however now I can finally get access to Premier Sports and SKY Atlantic for the wife. If it turns out to be a bad move, I can always return to Virgin in 12 months time. I decided against getting ESPN as I never watch English football and my team Rangers only feature about once a month. I'll use the money instead to subscribe to BoxNation when it goes subscription.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2011, 20:57   #107
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well everybody has a right to move to another platform and you did what was best for your family and good luck as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 21:10   #108
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well everybody has a right to move to another platform and you did what was best for your family and good luck as well.
And if that move proves to be a bad one.....I'll be back.
Old 09-10-2011, 21:14   #109
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
And if that move proves to be a bad one.....I'll be back.
It is the best way , evaluate your requirements every year or so , I don't like these 18 month contracts that seem to becoming the norm at VM though.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 21:17   #110
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It is the best way , evaluate your requirements every year or so , I don't like these 18 month contracts that seem to becoming the norm at VM though.
I'm now concerned how this is going to effect my mobile deal with Virgin. I agreed a new 18 months contract for the Samsung Ace II only 2 months ago. Now that I'm no longer officially a TV, Broadband and phone customer will they try to change the terms of my mobile contract? I got a good deal being a Virgin customer however I wonder what happens now?
Old 09-10-2011, 21:21   #111
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm now concerned how this is going to effect my mobile deal with Virgin. I agreed a new 18 months contract for the Samsung Ace II only 2 months ago. Now that I'm no longer officially a TV, Broadband and phone customer will they try to change the terms of my mobile contract? I got a good deal being a Virgin customer however I wonder what happens now?
They are usually discounts of a few pound over the normal price so it may increase or if your lucky they probably won't even pick up on it.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:52   #112
powerfulpeanuts
Inactive

powerfulpeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point

i am now looking to get sky. only issue i have is my flat, so i only have limited wall space to position it.

but VM are a joke, clearly got no interest in doing the best for their customers. the channel is free, i can't understand why there is any delay in adding it, as no one will be billed so no paperwork or hassle.
powerfulpeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:16   #113
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpeanuts View Post
the channel is free, i can't understand why there is any delay in adding it, as no one will be billed so no paperwork or hassle.
It's Free to View at the moment.

It won't be indefinately nor would it be free for Virgin to carry, so any carriage agreement would have to include plans for billing and revenue sharing etc once the Free to View period ends
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44   #114
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's Free to View at the moment.

It won't be indefinately nor would it be free for Virgin to carry, so any carriage agreement would have to include plans for billing and revenue sharing etc once the Free to View period ends
The question is Ben are Virgin going to carry it.
Old 11-10-2011, 19:10   #115
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

ive just got a quote from sky its £45 for tv with all sky sports channels,£9 espn,£12.25 phone line rental,£10.25 hd,£10.25 multiroom,£7.50 broadband thats for hd+ box in 1 room and normal hd box in other.
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 19:18   #116
Chad
cf.mega poster

Can you believe this?

http://www.frankwarren.tv/index.php/...levisions.html

This weekends BoxNation broadcast is also going to be on Freeview HD! Virgin seriously need to get their fingers out! How on Earth a deal, even an interim deal to carry this weekends fight on virgin didn't happen is a scandal to all Virgin boxing fans who pay a monthly subscription. FREE on SKY, FREE on Freeview, FREE on the internet and nowhere to be seen on Virgin.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:48   #117
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Can you believe this?

http://www.frankwarren.tv/index.php/...levisions.html

This weekends BoxNation broadcast is also going to be on Freeview HD! Virgin seriously need to get their fingers out! How on Earth a deal, even an interim deal to carry this weekends fight on virgin didn't happen is a scandal to all Virgin boxing fans who pay a monthly subscription. FREE on SKY, FREE on Freeview, FREE on the internet and nowhere to be seen on Virgin.
Yes it is a bit disappointing Chad.
Old 13-10-2011, 21:19   #118
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes it is a bit disappointing Chad.
With 48 hours to go I still think there is a very slim chance that the fight, but not actually Box Nation the channel, will appear on Virgin somehow. I wonder what kind of deal Box Nation agreed with Sports Tonight Live on Freeview HD to carry the event? I'm sure a TV provider the size of Virgin could have easily struck a similar deal.

Wait and see, a TiVo app will turn up on Saturday which will allow some Virgin customers to watch the fight. There will be murder from all non-TiVo Virgin boxing fans.
Old 13-10-2011, 21:33   #119
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
With 48 hours to go I still think there is a very slim chance that the fight, but not actually Box Nation the channel, will appear on Virgin somehow. I wonder what kind of deal Box Nation agreed with Sports Tonight Live on Freeview HD to carry the event? I'm sure a TV provider the size of Virgin could have easily struck a similar deal.

Wait and see, a TiVo app will turn up on Saturday which will allow some Virgin customers to watch the fight. There will be murder from all non-TiVo Virgin boxing fans.

You could be right.
Old 14-10-2011, 17:01   #120
Chad
cf.mega poster

For anyone who wants to watch the fight tomorrow online, here's a copy of an e-mail I received from BoxNation which contains a link to the official stream. I've heard the picture and sound quality will be top notch!

"Watch LIVE & ONLINE this weekend for FREE by visiting http://boxnation.tv/live.php

Our line up this weekend includes Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellow for the WBO Light – Heavyweight Championship on Saturday from 18:00 (UK Time).

BoxNation is home to the most knowledgeable and engaging team in boxing including presenters Jim Rosenthal and Paul Dempsey, pundit Steve Bunce and commentator John Rawling.

Tune in to Sky channel 456 to catch all the action.

The BoxNation team"

Please note whilst the e-mail suggests the action starts from 6pm, I have been reliably informed the broadcast will be from 7pm. I do not know if this link will also cover Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson at 2am Sunday morning.

I'll keep you posted if I get further info.