Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 01-11-2011, 21:07   #211
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
just found this on boxnation website

We’re still waiting to be able to announce our launch date, but in the mean time you can get all the latest information, alerts and even offers from us on Facebook and Twitter or by texting boxnation to 88882 (standard network rate applies).

Below is a list of the top questions (and answers!) we’ve been asked so far. But if there’s anything that’s not covered why not drop us a question on our Facebook page or on Twitter (@boxnationtv).

1. When is BoxNation Launching on Virgin?
Watch this space - we expect to be on Virgin Media cable within a few weeks.

2. Are all Fights going to be live online? –
In general, yes.

3. When does the £10 a Month start?
We will become a subscription service in December.

4. How do I join? –
You can easily sign up for the Sky platform channel and for the online streaming through this website, and for Virgin you can call them directly.

5. When is BoxNation launching on BTVision? -
We don't have a date for this yet.

6. Is BoxNation going to be available in the Republic of Ireland? -
Yes, although there are one or two issues to sort out, we should be in Ireland by early 2012.

7.Is BoxNation only available through a Sky TV subscription?
You don't need to subscribe to Sky to get BoxNation.

8. How do I receive BoxNation on Freeview hd?
You can't currently receive BoxNation on Freeview HD.

9. Will there be a HD BoxNation channel?
There are currently no plans to introduce a BoxNation HD channel.

10. Will you be on Top UP TV ?
There are currently no plans to be on TopUpTV.

11. I've registered online, now what happens?
We will contact you to let you know when the big fights are on and when the channel will become a subscription service.

12. How much is the subscription?
£10 per month.

13. Why do you not have a customer service phone number?
you can contact BoxNation through the website.
Excellent post!

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
box nation wont last once they start charging.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

last fridays card wasnt worth 10p,,,,,never mind£10.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

to watch the young lad Byrne get a uneaqual battering wasnt boxing sport.
Boxnation will only survive as long as they deliver top domestic and international action, week in and week out.

Last Fridays card was terrible. It fell apart due to Frankie Gavin pulling out at the night before. If the internet rumours are true, the guy was not in a fit state of mind to enter the ring.

Byrne was out of his depth. Ultimately it was his choice to step in the ring as a late replacement and accept the money. On papers it looked like he had a chance. Frank Warren could not afford for this card to be pulled off Boxnation.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2011, 21:21   #212
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
just found this on boxnation website

We’re still waiting to be able to announce our launch date, but in the mean time you can get all the latest information, alerts and even offers from us on Facebook and Twitter or by texting boxnation to 88882 (standard network rate applies).

Below is a list of the top questions (and answers!) we’ve been asked so far. But if there’s anything that’s not covered why not drop us a question on our Facebook page or on Twitter (@boxnationtv).

1. When is BoxNation Launching on Virgin?
Watch this space - we expect to be on Virgin Media cable within a few weeks.

2. Are all Fights going to be live online? –
In general, yes.

3. When does the £10 a Month start?
We will become a subscription service in December.

4. How do I join? –
You can easily sign up for the Sky platform channel and for the online streaming through this website, and for Virgin you can call them directly.

5. When is BoxNation launching on BTVision? -
We don't have a date for this yet.

6. Is BoxNation going to be available in the Republic of Ireland? -
Yes, although there are one or two issues to sort out, we should be in Ireland by early 2012.

7.Is BoxNation only available through a Sky TV subscription?
You don't need to subscribe to Sky to get BoxNation.

8. How do I receive BoxNation on Freeview hd?
You can't currently receive BoxNation on Freeview HD.

9. Will there be a HD BoxNation channel?
There are currently no plans to introduce a BoxNation HD channel.

10. Will you be on Top UP TV ?
There are currently no plans to be on TopUpTV.

11. I've registered online, now what happens?
We will contact you to let you know when the big fights are on and when the channel will become a subscription service.

12. How much is the subscription?
£10 per month.

13. Why do you not have a customer service phone number?
you can contact BoxNation through the website.
Heres that link - http://www.boxnation.tv/faqs.php
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 15:22   #213
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sounds like VM may get a period of FTV on Boxnation, if I'm reading this correct.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...1&postcount=10
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 15:30   #214
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sounds like VM may get a period of FTV on Boxnation, if I'm reading this correct.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...1&postcount=10
I think when BoxNation launch it will be free to viewers until after the Christmas Holidays.

Cinemoi was free for two months when it launch last year on Virgin.
Old 02-11-2011, 17:53   #215
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

i think it will be free until the announcment of next years events and will have to have a massive eventup first to intice people in. no point in having all these free fights and when wanting people to pay theres no big fights
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 20:01   #216
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
i think it will be free until the announcment of next years events and will have to have a massive eventup first to intice people in. no point in having all these free fights and when wanting people to pay theres no big fights
The 03rd of December is looking great:

The WBA Welterweight Championship of the World
Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito

The WBA Lightweight Championship of the World
Brandon Rios vs John Murray

Cotto Vs. Margarito II is probably the most anticipated fight of the year.
Old 02-11-2011, 20:08   #217
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Yes it looks very interesting.
Old 02-11-2011, 20:18   #218
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

im looking forward to most weekends up till new year with all the boxing on boxnation skysports and also payperview then theres ufc aswell(not everyones cup of tea).
Old 02-11-2011, 20:50   #219
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
im looking forward to most weekends up till new year with all the boxing on boxnation skysports and also payperview then theres ufc aswell(not everyones cup of tea).
Yeah totally agree. If you are a boxing fan, UFC fan plus a fan of MMA it's good times at the moment.

Boxing is finally getting the exposure it deserves. With SKY Sports, Boxnation, Eurosport, ESPN, Channel 5 and Primetime Live all showing regular events it won't be long until we get about 20 live cards a month on British TV!
ESPN Friday Night Fights is one of my favourite shows and returns in about 10 weeks time.
Old 02-11-2011, 20:59   #220
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

I am not an Boxing fan but I hope Boxnation will launch on Virgin before the end of November. (Info from web rumours)
Old 02-11-2011, 21:19   #221
thatllbeme
Inactive

i had an email from boxnation ages ago that said it should be on virgin by late november so hopefully thats the case.
im currenly saving for a stag do in vegas in march so all this boxing is saving me a bit by staying in most weeks so im happy.
im hoping to see somr boxing/mma while there but march(21-27) isnt normally a good month for boxing is it???
Old 02-11-2011, 21:33   #222
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
i had an email from boxnation ages ago that said it should be on virgin by late november so hopefully thats the case.
im currenly saving for a stag do in vegas in march so all this boxing is saving me a bit by staying in most weeks so im happy.
im hoping to see somr boxing/mma while there but march(21-27) isnt normally a good month for boxing is it???
March of this year was not too bad in terms of world title fights. No real massive fights though:

Saul Alvarez Vs. Matthew Hatton
Zab Judah Vs. Kaizer Mabuza
Sergio Gabriel Martinez Vs. Serhiy Dzinziruk
Miguel Angel Cotto Vs. Ricardo Mayorga
Ricky Burns Vs. Joseph Laryea
Lucian Bute Vs. Brian Magee
Vitali Klitschko Vs. Odlanier Solis
Guillermo Rigondeaux Vs. Willie Casey
Yuriorkis Gamboa Vs. Jorge Solis
Old 02-11-2011, 21:52   #223
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Boxing is finally getting the exposure it deserves. With SKY Sports, Boxnation, Eurosport, ESPN, Channel 5 and Primetime Live all showing regular events it won't be long until we get about 20 live cards a month on British TV!
ESPN Friday Night Fights is one of my favourite shows and returns in about 10 weeks time.
and Premier Sports, which I believe shows Friday Night Fights.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 21:58   #224
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
and Premier Sports, which I believe shows Friday Night Fights.
They did have a deal for the show earlier this year but before they even broadcast an episode the deal was scrapped and the show remained on ESPN.

I think Premier Sports broadcast Shobox: The Next Generation twice a month. They also have another 8 live broadcasts left under their deal with Top Rank.

If Premier Sports did come to Virgin, I'd truly be in boxing heaven. It could be the most live boxing I've ever watched, and I watch a lot!
Old 03-11-2011, 20:36   #225
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

whats UFC and MMA,,,,

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

IS BOXING A BIT LIKE PIGEON FANCYING,,,,youve got to be into it to understand it?
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote