Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 16-10-2011, 16:25   #166
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

what a lash up , the ref should be struck off , cheers for the info chad
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2011, 17:29   #167
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Exactly the same question I've been asking for 16 months.

I suppose the problem with Premier Sports is whilst it carries plenty of sports, it doesn't really have too many crown jewels. They admit themselves on their website "Premier Sports was formed in 2010 to primarily facilitate the broadcasting of sports events that have been ignored by other broadcasters but have a very strong core following. Currently we focus on Blue Square Conference Football.....".

Blue Square Conference, Swedish Speedway, Cage Warriors, Brisca F1, NRL are sports that fans of those particular competitions will watch but don't have mass appeal. Premier Sports really need something like UFC, NFL or the Europa League to be considered main stream.

Box Nation on the other hand will be showing the best boxing action, featuring the biggest names in the sport, from the UK and world wide. No other channel in the UK, including SKY Sports, will be showing the same amount of live shows as Box Nation. Box Nation will be showcasing the best action and talent each and every week. So unlike Premier Sports, Box Nation will be the clear leader in the content it broadcasts.

I think the problem for Premier Sports and Box Nation is the Virgin model doesn't suit their needs. I would however really like someone from either Virgin or Box Nation to come out and clarify what is happening. If no deal can be done, tell us.
I think we also have to factor in that VM seems to have an unwritten policy of NOT adding new TV channels - I'm not counting HD and +1 channels as these are variants of existing channels. If this was the case then VM would have added some new channels at some point over the past twelve months as I think the most recent new channel to launch on VM was Cinemoi.

Given that VM seems not to want to add new channels then eventually VM is going to loose significant subscribers to Sky and other providers who want to watch channels like BoxNation and Premier Sports and they will not be able to explain this away by saying what they said last time when the first evidence of a significant loss in TV subscribers took place. It could be the lack of BoxNation on VM which will finally start to see the company loosing really significant numbers of TV customers and it will be Sky who will benefit.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 20:45   #168
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I think we also have to factor in that VM seems to have an unwritten policy of NOT adding new TV channels - I'm not counting HD and +1 channels as these are variants of existing channels. If this was the case then VM would have added some new channels at some point over the past twelve months as I think the most recent new channel to launch on VM was Cinemoi.

Given that VM seems not to want to add new channels then eventually VM is going to loose significant subscribers to Sky and other providers who want to watch channels like BoxNation and Premier Sports and they will not be able to explain this away by saying what they said last time when the first evidence of a significant loss in TV subscribers took place. It could be the lack of BoxNation on VM which will finally start to see the company loosing really significant numbers of TV customers and it will be Sky who will benefit.

l somehow doubt that Virgin will lose many customers just because they have not got Boxnation or Premier Sports.
Old 16-10-2011, 21:07   #169
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l somehow doubt that Virgin will lose many customers just because they have not got Boxnation or Premier Sports.
They may not loose many, but I think they could gain loads if they could get one/both on TVXL! I hope this is what they are messing around for
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 21:08   #170
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
They may not loose many, but I think they could gain loads if they could get one/both on TVXL! I hope this is what they are messing around for
Yes that would be nice.
Old 16-10-2011, 22:09   #171
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
That would be great. At the moment I'd just settle for someone telling us the open and honest truth.

I've posted on the Virgin community forum asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I've e-mailed the Box Nation sales team asking or clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I joined Twitter and tweeted Box Nation asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I've submitted feedback to Virgin online asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I mentioned the channel the other night to Virgin Media retentions - never heard of it.

All I want to know is Virgin Media and Box Nation still in discussions? If not, please let us know. I'd much rather know that a channel isn't coming, instead of being strung along. Box Nation should never have suggested at their press conference that they where in talks with Virgin. Box Nation should never have used Virgins logo on their website. Virgin should never have included Hopkins Vs. Dawson on their website as being one of their sporting televised highlights for October 2011. All parties involved are sending out very mixed signals and it's not fair to the customer.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 22:20   #172
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That would be great. At the moment I'd just settle for someone telling us the open and honest truth.

I've posted on the Virgin community forum asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I've e-mailed the Box Nation sales team asking or clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I joined Twitter and tweeted Box Nation asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I've submitted feedback to Virgin online asking for clarity regarding the channel - no answer.

I mentioned the channel the other night to Virgin Media retentions - never heard of it.

All I want to know is Virgin Media and Box Nation still in discussions? If not, please let us know. I'd much rather know that a channel isn't coming, instead of being strung along. Box Nation should never have suggested at their press conference that they where in talks with Virgin. Box Nation should never have used Virgins logo on their website. Virgin should never have included Hopkins Vs. Dawson on their website as being one of their sporting televised highlights for October 2011. All parties involved are sending out very mixed signals and it's not fair to the customer.
Chad, if both sides are saying nothing, I would take that as a good sign.

Regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 22:23   #173
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Chad, if both sides are saying nothing, I would take that as a good sign.

Regards

John
I like your theorem John

For information purposes, if anyone would like to contact BoxNation you can here:

customerservices@boxnation.mgtplc.com
Old 16-10-2011, 22:25   #174
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I like your theorem John

For information purposes, if anyone would like to contact BoxNation you can here:

customerservices@boxnation.mgtplc.com
Can i get the 190 bars of Fudge
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 22:40   #175
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Can i get the 190 bars of Fudge
That offer is restricted to the Coming Soon thread and is non transferable
Old 16-10-2011, 22:42   #176
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That offer is restricted to the Coming Soon thread and is non transferable
Old 17-10-2011, 19:57   #177
Chad
cf.mega poster

It's the Bunce Boxing Hour tonight on Box Nation. I'm away to watch the show at my parents. I e-mailed Buncey about Cleverly facing Adrian Diaconu. Let's see if it makes it onto the show. Very sad I know but I have a plan.....

I used to e-mail Buncey when he was on Setanta. A couple of my e-mails made it to air. Others didn't but Buncey did reply. He's an honest guy who tells it like it is. If he replies to my e-mail I'm going to ask him what's happening between Box Nation and Virgin. If he knows, I'm sure he'll mention.
Old 17-10-2011, 20:01   #178
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I used to e-mail Buncey when he was on Setanta. A couple of my e-mails made it to air. Others didn't but Buncey did reply. He's an honest guy who tells it like it is. If he replies to my e-mail I'm going to ask him what's happening between Box Nation and Virgin. If he knows, I'm sure he'll mention.
Let's hope he replies to your email.
Old 17-10-2011, 22:36   #179
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Let's hope he replies to your email.
He read the e-mail out and he's e-mailed back. I'm in

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

BoxNations latest reply to the channel coming to Virgin Media:

"We are working really hard and I promise as soon as we get an idea on the date will let you know."

Well at last, it doesn't look like talks have broken down which is a really good sign.
Old 17-10-2011, 22:37   #180
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
"We are working really hard and I promise as soon as we get an idea on the date will let you know."
It looks like Boxnation is coming Virgin Media