Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2011, 00:07   #4186
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Possibly because they hope to have the problem sorted shortly and they don't want to get into a situation of having a back-log of installs.

Or is that too much like common sense for you?
Back with a bang Carl
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2011, 00:24   #4187
ekwk
Inactive

ekwk is an unknown quantity at this point

had mine installed today and had this epg mess, was told by the installer that it was only temporary and it'll be fully functioning in no time. that was at 1 o'clock and i've since rang them and it's unlikely to be resolved until tomorrow evening i was told. shambles really.

have 'to be announced' on every channel and have to input the parental code every time i change channel as it won't turn off while its like this.
Old 26-05-2011, 04:22   #4188
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Why can people not use the TV listing guides in the papers instead of waiting for the TV to tell them what to do
Because l do not buy papers.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:57   #4189
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Back with a bang Carl
I call it as I see it. (If I didn't see it I make it up!) (Kidding!)

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Quote:
Why can people not use the TV listing guides in the papers instead of waiting for the TV to tell them what to do
I haven't reguarly bought a paper TV guide since about 2002
Old 26-05-2011, 08:59   #4190
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Because l do not buy papers.
How do you pass the time in the toilet?
Old 26-05-2011, 09:54   #4191
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Possibly because they hope to have the problem sorted shortly and they don't want to get into a situation of having a back-log of installs.

Or is that too much like common sense for you?
I know that Carl was just having a dig at Vm ,they are getting enough stick from new TiVo users about the red button, no live PPV, no REMINDERS, so why give themselves more grief by installing it with no abillity for record,wishlists, suggestions ect. If you had used some common sense you would have realised this
Old 26-05-2011, 11:26   #4192
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Erm... no. Not at all. That's the problem with plain written text. You cannot tell anything other than the words on the page. Which is why I added the appropriate emoticons to mine; to show the remark was not to be taken seriously.

As there were no such indications in your post, I had no choice but to take what you wrote at face value.
Old 26-05-2011, 14:05   #4193
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I have to say, I didn't even notice that EPG data hadn't updated, is it fixed now?
Old 26-05-2011, 14:14   #4194
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

I think so. My box has been stuck on "Preparing to connect" all morning but now it seems to be loading the data (currently at 68%).
Old 26-05-2011, 14:20   #4195
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I think so. My box has been stuck on "Preparing to connect" all morning but now it seems to be loading the data (currently at 68%).
Good stuff I suppose you'd only really notice if you tried going 14 days in advance which I haven't so didn't notice
Old 26-05-2011, 15:03   #4196
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Well Watch's (124) data for Saturday has been wrong for a while, so hopefully that will change now, too
Old 26-05-2011, 15:21   #4197
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
How do you pass the time in the toilet?
My toilet time is very private as l listen to the radio and use my mobile phone.
Old 26-05-2011, 16:19   #4198
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My toilet time is very private as l listen to the radio and use my mobile phone.
Try using toilet paper
Old 26-05-2011, 16:21   #4199
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone else record the film Deja Vu from last Saturday night?

It was on BBC 1 and BBC1 HD and the TV Guide shows that the program is 2hr 8 mins in length (and IMDB gives the film length as 2hr 6 mins).

I set the program to record from the HD channel with no padding, however when watching it, the recording stopped before the end. It turns out that it had recorded 1hr 54mins and as the film didn't start until about the 4th minute of the recording it meant that I missed the last quarter of an hour.

I have had the end of BBC recordings clipped before (as I know others have) but 15 minutes is unbelievable. How much padding do we need to add to recordings before they get this sorted out??
Old 26-05-2011, 16:25   #4200
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
Try using toilet paper
Yes l use the Harrods high class premuim version.
Closed Thread