Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wrestlemania on Sunday 1st April 2007?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wrestlemania on Sunday 1st April 2007?

Old 27-03-2007, 23:56   #16
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all
Re: Wrestlemania on Sunday 1st April 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
'American Wrestling' is pretty much a modern-day morality play - the good guys don't always win and surprising things always happen. I'd like to think Shakespeare would appreciate it. Things have improved since they toned down the amount of steroids/muscle enhancers in the WWE - you only have to look at the change in Batista to see that!
Yes, the man responsible for inventing most words in the English language, the man who had a vocabulary of some 29,000 words...I'm sure lowest common denominator entertainment such as WWE would have thrilled him to his very core.
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2007, 10:38   #17
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go over-glamourising Shakespeare - he boiled down average pot-boiler plots into something the masses could understand and get behind. The reason his works have survived is they were *so* accessible to the masses and were therefore preserved. Nowadays we have a very distorted perception of the theatre as entertainment for the better-off, whereas Bill made his mark appealing to the average man in the street. And he certainly didn't invent most of the English language - we nicked most of that from the Norse and Germanic countries.

Anyway, Cena for the win!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:00   #18
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
Don't go over-glamourising Shakespeare - he boiled down average pot-boiler plots into something the masses could understand and get behind. The reason his works have survived is they were *so* accessible to the masses and were therefore preserved. Nowadays we have a very distorted perception of the theatre as entertainment for the better-off, whereas Bill made his mark appealing to the average man in the street. And he certainly didn't invent most of the English language - we nicked most of that from the Norse and Germanic countries.

Anyway, Cena for the win!
That may be true, but as an individual I doubt he would have enjoyed Wrestlemania. Why am I arguing this point? Ah well.

So, wrestlemania...who is the best wrestlemaniac nowadays? Bushwhackers?
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:20   #19
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Moved to Entertainment.

You'll find out exactly how 'fake' wrestling once you try it. Until then, just appreciate what the guys do.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:29   #20
SatelliteTVTalk
Inactive

SatelliteTVTalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bushwhackers
Ah - they were excellent though i preferred Nobbs and Saggs of the Nazty Boys (or was it with a 'z' - I imagine so)....

I expect Papa Shango to taste victory ;-)
SatelliteTVTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:46   #21
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Moved to Entertainment.

You'll find out exactly how 'fake' wrestling once you try it. Until then, just appreciate what the guys do.
I've never tried it but they say it's tougher than UFC, I'm sure you've all heard of UFC?
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 12:09   #22
SatelliteTVTalk
Inactive

SatelliteTVTalk is an unknown quantity at this point

And for anyone that hasn't

Here's the wikipedia entry
SatelliteTVTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 13:42   #23
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post
I've never tried it but they say it's tougher than UFC, I'm sure you've all heard of UFC?
I don't know about tougher, I'd suggest it's just as tough but in a different way. The risks are high but again, in a different form.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-03-2007, 13:57   #24
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I don't know about tougher, I'd suggest it's just as tough but in a different way. The risks are high but again, in a different form.
I had seen a little DVD about the training the WWE wrestlers do and it's quite intense. And UFC sometimes broadcast the training their fighters do and it's not that intense. Some former WWE (WWF) wrestlers are on UFC also, some say because they couldn't hack the training regime in the WWE.
Old 28-03-2007, 15:38   #25
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Some people say you have to have a few screws loose to put yourself through the training a wrestler endures.

I'd agree with that.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-03-2007, 15:56   #26
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki007 View Post
You do know it's all fake don't you?
Nice one Sherlock. While asking a daft and irrelevant question to try and patronise and show the ignorance of someone else, you've revealed yourself to be more ignorant than anyone.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 16:05   #27
NoKnowledge
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezenden View Post
Nice one Sherlock.
Is that his real name