Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Black Screen Recordings!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Black Screen Recordings!

Old 08-06-2011, 15:15   #31
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Black Screen Recordings!

[QUOTE=ahardie;35254028]That's a very good point but at the same time a new car can't be fundamentally improved with a software update.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

The principle is the same – wait until it has been tested in the real world. Let the” I wants” find the faults , then 12 to 18 months down the line the mark 2 ( for that read “upgrades “) will be in place & it works/runs a whole lot better.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2011, 15:17   #32
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
What I'm getting at is that you had the "black screen" issue, but have only rebooted it once since to rectify the issue.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm unhelpful, I'm not sure what you are expecting from me as I thought I'd asked you a question?

And some wonder why I don't post/help much anymore
It`s a bit unfair of Ken to have `a pop` at you. From what I can see you are doing your best to help the guy. Please keep on giving out your advice as most of us value it.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 16:09   #33
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
It`s a bit unfair of Ken to have `a pop` at you. From what I can see you are doing your best to help the guy. Please keep on giving out your advice as most of us value it.
I agree, I have beaten myself silly with the Daily Mail as a punishment,

And now having to come to terms with the fact that I don't belong to the
"most off us" clan "Oh dear what have I done"
Old 08-06-2011, 16:15   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoliver View Post
No I've had the Black Screen several times, and lost about 6 recordings due to it and the reboot

But irrespective of how many times I've had it , the point is I shouldn't have had it at all, on a system I have just paid £149.99 for,

I never had anything like this with my V+ box in the 4 years I had it, It was only rebooted due to power failure, and never to correct a fault, it was very reliable

I see that you are VM staff I would have hopped you would have felt able to respond with a more helpful post

And as for the reboot as yet I have not recorded anything so won't know if it fixed it till later tonight

As a Black Screen recording effects the channel I am recording off, setting it to not available on your package
That's the nature of tech unfortunately. I paid a lot more than £149 for somethings and they all had issues at the start. That is the price a lot of people pay for being an early adopter.
Old 08-06-2011, 16:31   #35
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's the nature of tech unfortunately. I paid a lot more than £149 for somethings and they all had issues at the start. That is the price a lot of people pay for being an early adopter.
Yes I'm getting that now, Don't think I'm cut out to be an early adopter, I may be naive, but I expected it to work from the start,

Still I will stick with it now, I appreciate all the replies I have had even the admonishments

Hopefully I wont be watching a Black Screen later on tonight, and the reboot fixed it

But if not I may just keep it to myself this time
Old 08-06-2011, 16:37   #36
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Yes I'm getting that now, Don't think I'm cut out to be an early adopter, I may be naive, but I expected it to work from the start,

Still I will stick with it now, I appreciate all the replies I have had even the admonishments

Hopefully I wont be watching a Black Screen later on tonight, and the reboot fixed it

I will forgive you the other things Ken but as for being a Daily Mail reader..

Seriously though I sympathise with your problem but like Stephen says new tech always has bugs and network connected pvr's seem to be particularly prone to them.
Old 08-06-2011, 16:44   #37
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
I will forgive you the other things Ken but as for being a Daily Mail reader..

Nice one

Top Post,
Old 08-06-2011, 16:46   #38
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Being an early adopter of new Tech can be a night mare, I hope your problems are sorted by the reboot.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 17:16   #39
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Being an early adopter of new Tech can be a night mare, I hope your problems are sorted by the reboot.
Wished that was printed on the Tin,

I paid, I expected it to work, it doesn't work well, I get frustrated, I get told its because I am an early adopter, I get more frustrated, folk get upset, I get ousted from the "most of us crowd"

It's started to rain, my foxgloves have blown over, my tea's just got burned, and to top it all, I've just reached for a beer and it's warm

Thats it sod the TiVo, and its Black Screen, I,m off to the pub !!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 18:07   #40
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I paid, I expected it to work, it doesn't work well, I get frustrated, I get told its because I am an early adopter, I get more frustrated, folk get upset, I get ousted from the "most of us crowd"

It's started to rain, my foxgloves have blown over, my tea's just got burned, and to top it all, I've just reached for a beer and it's warm

Enjoy your beer!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 18:08   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Good lad have a pint and wash away the problems Let us know how you get on with your recordings.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 15:23   #42
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post

Never have been an early adaptor*. Life is too short for all that stress. Any way why pay a premium to be a crash test dummy.

*Well ok I did once get a V2000 (still maintain it was the best of the 3 types & look what happened to that!!) What do you mean what`s that !!! Shame on you.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 08:41   #43
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Good lad have a pint and wash away the problems Let us know how you get on with your recordings.
After 2 days and 3 re-boots my black screen recordings seem to be fixed

I have had 24 hrs of peace and normal TV viewing (SD PQ not withstanding)

And so just when you think all is ok now, the TiVo bites back with another problem

The Red Doughnut !!!!!! I have taken a screen shot of the problem and will start another thread just to see if anyone else as been affected

I am rebooting my TiVo daily twice yesterday, and once this morning and it's only 8-45

Will this ever end
Old 15-06-2011, 13:42   #44
Robert V
Inactive

Robert V is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi kenoliver
I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems.
Have you checked out the Virgin Media help & support forums?
If not, you can access this here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/

Regards
Robert

My views are my own and not that of Virgin Media
Robert V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 15:27   #45
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert V View Post
Hi kenoliver
I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems.
Have you checked out the Virgin Media help & support forums?
If not, you can access this here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/

Regards
Robert

My views are my own and not that of Virgin Media
Hi Robert
My black screen problems seem to have been resolved after the second reboot

As for my Shows well support as told me this is a know issue and a forthcoming update will fix this

So all seems to be getting sorted so far no more problems