Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virginmedia important update email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I am furious with VM

Old 04-04-2013, 11:00   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
I am furious with VM

For the past 24 hours VM have treated myself and my wife like idiots, with a problem over the Internet.

We have had problems getting various pages, including this forum, and inc VM own pages, an yet we could get other sites but these quickly went.

VM tried to blame out computor for it by asking us to change cables, then someone from Delhi kept telling my wife that the problem laid with Google and spelt out every word.

He went through the basics, this took 30 minutes, then about twenty minutes we contacted someone else and they told us something different.

The customer service is a total joke, and trying to blame us, several days before the same problem was happening on our brother in laws computor, and they klive approx half a mile from us. Isn't it about time VM admitted they could have a fault and they are trying to fix it.

Our PC is still in good condition, an email has been sent to the CEO to complain about the poor service. Its not working today, and they are sending out a new box.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05   #2
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: I am furious with VM

Worse still, VM have been blind to complaints of this type about the offshore call centre.

You might care to let us on the forum have a look at your modem downstream/upstream power & SNR levels in case there's anything immediately visible to explain your internet instability. From what you report, the upstream is usually first suspect if not the modem itself.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 13:25   #3
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

We have tried everything, but it is down to VM, everything else is working.

We are not going to treated in such a manner that we think we are idiots
Old 04-04-2013, 13:55   #4
KierenAris
Inactive

KierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
We have tried everything, but it is down to VM, everything else is working.

Hi Arthur,

Unfortunately we can't do much unless we have the relevant diagnostics. Could you download WinMTR and run a trace to an affected site, leaving it running for 30 minutes?

That would enable us to do something.

Thanks
KierenAris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 15:08   #5
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:

You might want to re read that comment Arthur
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 15:20   #6
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars:35556892
Quote:

You might want to re read that comment Arthur
ROFL
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 16:17   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

It should have said ' we felt that VM were treating us as idiots' We are both so angry about it, the last time this happened, we were told to crash out computor and we lost everything.

We received an email today from the CEO's office, we called them and they did not seem to care about the problem, onl;y that they will call us - that was THREE hours ago. Some customer service
Old 04-04-2013, 16:26   #8
KierenAris
Inactive

KierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about themKierenAris has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
It should have said ' we felt that VM were treating us as idiots' We are both so angry about it, the last time this happened, we were told to crash out computor and we lost everything.

We received an email today from the CEO's office, we called them and they did not seem to care about the problem, onl;y that they will call us - that was THREE hours ago. Some customer service
See my post above.

Are you in the Southampton area?
Old 04-04-2013, 16:42   #9
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

No Middlesex - Isleworth to be exact - TW7
Old 04-04-2013, 16:48   #10
KierenAris
Inactive

Quote:
No Middlesex - Isleworth to be exact - TW7
Could you either start a thread on http://community.virginmedia.com/ and link me to it, or PM me your address and the name on your account so I can look into this?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 16:48   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:

Arthur, KierinAris is posting in this thread as a Virgin Media employee in an attempt to help you. Read his posts and do as he asks.

With your permission I can give Kierin the IP details you are using to post here, that may help him to identify you and to help you further.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 17:53   #12
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Arthur, virgin media is worse in my experience. They would not care at all. They only want your money. Quit Virgin Media if I were u.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 18:07   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Arthur, virgin media is worse in my experience. They would not care at all. They only want your money. Quit Virgin Media if I were u.
But you wouldn't do it if you were you ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 18:18   #14
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
But you wouldn't do it if you were you ...
I will quit virgin media once FTTC arrive at my cabinet got email from openreach
nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

09:41 (6 hours ago)

to me

Dear Mr ***********,

Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Cuckoo Oak Exchange, cabinet 8.

I have been in contact with the Project Manager and he advises that work will start on the deployment of cabinet 8 in a later phase, towards the end of 2013. If all goes to plan, we are hopeful the cabinet will be ready for service November 2013, barring any complications.

I suggest you continue to monitor our Web-Site which will keep you up to date with our latest deployment news for your exchange, the site also contains FAQs.

The Web-Site can be viewed using the following link: http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/...

I am sorry I cannot provide a definite date at this time.

Regards,

Liv

Liv Garfield
Openreach, CEO

Network Investment Customer Engagement
Web: www.openreach.co.uk

Web: www.openreach.co.uk

Openreach is delivering fibre broadband services to communities across the UK as well as installing and maintaining the communications infrastructure that links homes, businesses, public and voluntary sector organisations to their Communications Providers' networks.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 19:08   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Wow! You received an email from the CEO of BT Openreach - they must think you are a valuable prospect.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote