Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 13:59   #991
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
no we would have still left its what people voted for no deal was ever going to be good enough .
You even think she would have faffed around with a vote? She would have better things to get on with than that!
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2017, 14:10   #992
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

We can have sovereignty, for sure, not that we ever lost it.

Of course not; we could have said no to unlimited EU immigration any time we chose and told the ECJ to, 'Go take a running jump', whilst being members of the EU.

How misguided I have been!
Old 03-04-2017, 14:12   #993
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You even think she would have faffed around with a vote? She would have better things to get on with than that!
we call it democracy not faffing around .
Old 03-04-2017, 14:13   #994
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Of course not; we could have said no to unlimited EU immigration any time we chose and told the ECJ to, 'Go take a running jump', whilst being members of the EU.

How misguided I have been!
There's rules to every club, but having sovereignty means you can leave the club be it the WTO, NATO or the EU.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Quote:
we call it democracy not faffing around .
I confer to your better judgment on what Smurfs call it.
Old 03-04-2017, 14:20   #995
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There's rules to every club, but having sovereignty means you can leave the club be it the WTO, NATO or the EU.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

I confer to your better judgment on what Smurfs call it.
i meant normal people refer to a vote as democratic not "faffing around" ,its clear remain consider democracy as something that got in the way .
Old 03-04-2017, 14:33   #996
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

We should not join any club that robs us of complete control over taxes, laws and border control/immigration. Cooperation, is a different situation.
Old 03-04-2017, 15:05   #997
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
i meant normal people refer to a vote as democratic not "faffing around" ,its clear remain consider democracy as something that got in the way .
I was talking about Lady Thatcher. I just can't see her holding a referendum on things.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
We should not join any club that robs us of complete control over taxes, laws and border control/immigration. Cooperation, is a different situation.
The fact that we can leave these organisations means we have sovereignty.

We can never have full control over these areas unless we leave every organisation. eg membership of the WTO will prevent us having full control of taxes.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 03-04-2017 at 15:02.
Old 03-04-2017, 15:25   #998
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
The fact that we can leave these organisations means we have sovereignty.

We can never have full control over these areas unless we leave every organisation. eg membership of the WTO will prevent us having full control of taxes.
The fact that leaving the EU is so monstrously difficult demonstrates that our sovereignty has de facto been seriously impinged upon. One more substantial treaty and the right to leave the union may have become purely theoretical. Already the famous Gina Miller has complained that Art.50 was never designed to be actually used.
Old 03-04-2017, 16:20   #999
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think the more unhelpful Tories need to think twice about making stupid pronouncements from the sidelines making it more difficult for their own leader. Howard has no role in Government and yet feels free to go on TV and make stupid comments about war. Same with comments about yachts, passports and other trivia. May must feel surrounded by children liable to making messes she then has to clean up.
Since he has no role in government maybe the media ought to report what he said (if they're going to bother at all) making that point quite clear and not exaggerating his influence and extrapolating it to govt. policy.

I must say Farron banging on about the damage being done to the UK by HMG being undermined in this manner is laughable - he's been doing nothing but undermining the Brexit process ever since he lost the argument,

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The fact that leaving the EU is so monstrously difficult demonstrates that our sovereignty has de facto been seriously impinged upon. One more substantial treaty and the right to leave the union may have become purely theoretical. Already the famous Gina Miller has complained that Art.50 was never designed to be actually used.
Old 03-04-2017, 17:26   #1000
RizzyKing

Sometimes Andrew i think you deliberately ignore what people mean to further your point i never said trump was anti globalist i said the voters were and showed that at the first chance they had trump benefitted from that. He was a very large protest vote attractor for people to show their utter frustration and fatigue of a political type that has no interest in people only their blinkered agenda. I will now leave this thread as nothing new of any substance has occured and the constant retreading of the same old rubbish is getting more then a bit boring and i can do without the rambling doom and gloom constantly peddled by a few members of this forum.

Old 03-04-2017, 18:03   #1001
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Sometimes Andrew i think you deliberately ignore what people mean to further your point i never said trump was anti globalist i said the voters were and showed that at the first chance they had trump benefitted from that. He was a very large protest vote attractor for people to show their utter frustration and fatigue of a political type that has no interest in people only their blinkered agenda. I will now leave this thread as nothing new of any substance has occured and the constant retreading of the same old rubbish is getting more then a bit boring and i can do without the rambling doom and gloom constantly peddled by a few members of this forum.
I totally agree with you that Trump was a protest vote and that many of his supporters felt ignored by existing politicians.
What I pointed out was that multinational shares have performed well since Trump came to power so the theory you put forward "and if you doubt it slows anything just look at what's happened with the brexit and trump votes" seems invalid as nothing seems to be being slowed down.
Old 03-04-2017, 18:18   #1002
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I totally agree with you that Trump was a protest vote .

Not by Evangelical Christians it wasn't. Nor from the Heartlands, who had seen manufacturing depleted
Old 03-04-2017, 18:27   #1003
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not by Evangelical Christians it wasn't. Nor from the Heartlands, who had seen manufacturing depleted
Hey, cut us some slack, Rizzy and I were just agreeing on something!
Old 03-04-2017, 18:42   #1004
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Hey, cut us some slack, Rizzy and I were just agreeing on something!

I have to keep an eye on you Bilderbergers I can't have you lulling us into a false sense of security, and then end up, down the line, believing that black is really white, now can I?
Old 03-04-2017, 19:38   #1005
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Since he has no role in government maybe the media ought to report what he said (if they're going to bother at all) making that point quite clear and not exaggerating his influence and extrapolating it to govt. policy.
Too exciting for them. The Telegraph loved it especially with the comparison to the Falklands.
Closed Thread