Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MoreUnited.uk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Trumps angry america

Old 19-07-2016, 23:35   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Trumps angry america

I can't believe the BBC sanction such biased reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-angry-america

It's embarrassing.
Old 20-07-2016, 00:24   #2
RizzyKing

Re: Trumps angry america

No it's the norm now impartiality and balanced reporting long ago left the BBC and just as I didn't appreciate Obama's interference in the EU referendum I don't agree with the BBC making any commentary on the US presidential elections.
Old 20-07-2016, 06:59   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

As Rizzy says you have to go a long way to find impartiality and fair reporting nowadays sadly as journalistic standards have distinctly gone downhill from 20 to 30 years ago in my opinion.
Old 20-07-2016, 12:02   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What makes it biased?
Old 20-07-2016, 14:36   #5
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Focusing on one specific demographic, actually mostly just one family, and holding them up as the atypical Trump supporter.
Old 20-07-2016, 16:35   #6
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I can't believe the BBC sanction such biased reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-angry-america

It's embarrassing.
Erm ,it's not meant to be unbiased ,it's a focus piece by Panarama
Old 20-07-2016, 18:21   #7
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Erm ,it's not meant to be unbiased ,it's a focus piece by Panarama
Why shouldn't it be unbiased? What's panarama's agenda then?
Old 20-07-2016, 19:10   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Why shouldn't it be unbiased? What's panarama's agenda then?
Because it's a piece about a specific demographic ,namely white Americans of low income and low education and how much support a racist scumbag like Trump is garnering from them ,it doesn't have to be unbiased and there is no 'agenda' .

In actual fact the show is highlighting the very same problems European countries are having with rising racism being linked to rising immigration

Last edited by martyh; 20-07-2016 at 19:15.
Old 20-07-2016, 19:17   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I also wonder how unbiased you can be without unintentionally normalising the abnormal. Trump is quite out there with what he has said about other religions, women and political opponents, he isn't a conventional conservative, and I think it's acceptable to cover him in that way.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 19:27   #10
martyh

I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone shoots him
Old 20-07-2016, 19:31   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well obviously not wishing for anybody to be shot its probably inevitable given how many times politicians and famous people have been shot at in the last 50 years plus in America.
Old 20-07-2016, 21:21   #12
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Because it's a piece about a specific demographic ,namely white Americans of low income and low education and how much support a racist scumbag like Trump is garnering from them ,it doesn't have to be unbiased and there is no 'agenda' .

In actual fact the show is highlighting the very same problems European countries are having with rising racism being linked to rising immigration
The title and the show implies that this singular demographic are the trump vanguard, and that is simp,y not the case.

Middle class white Americans, and black Americans are also supporting Trump.

Also how is Trump a racist scumbag? Please advise where and when he has put forward the proposition that white Americans are superior to other Americans of different ethnic genealogy.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Quote:
I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone shoots him
Democracy in action. No doubt you'll approve.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Trump is quite out there with what he has said about other religions
What has he said then that's quite out there?
Old 20-07-2016, 21:57   #13
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
The title and the show implies that this singular demographic are the trump vanguard, and that is simp,y not the case.

Not that much support amongst black voters. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...g-black-voters

That poll is at the low end of his support but it appears to have been dropping for a while. Usually around 5%. It's certainly low enough that it's not incorrect to talk of him having hardly any support there. When we talk about 'who is voting for whom' we mean demographically rather than individually.

The newsworthy element of the Trump support is his connection to 'blue-collar' workers in declining industrial areas of America. People impacted by globalisation etc.

Quote:
Also how is Trump a racist scumbag? Please advise where and when he has put forward the proposition that white Americans are superior to other Americans of different ethnic genealogy
If we're going to get into the semantic argument where you won't believe he has made racist statements unless explicitly given an example where he gives a textbook demonstration then you probably won't be convinced. However I think racism has a wider meaning which includes judging people based on their race, discriminating against people because of their race and so on.

Here are some examples: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5317&tid=ss_tw

Quote:
“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza — black guys counting my money!” O’Donnell’s book quoted Trump as saying. “I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else. . . . Besides that, I’ve got to tell you something else. I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”
Quote:
“A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market,” Trump said on the program. “I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advantage or this and that. I’ve said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I believe they do have an actual advantage.”
I am confident enough to say these statements are 'out there' and I don't think the news media should accept this as the norm in an effort to be 'unbiased'. These are statements made by a candidate to the be the next President of the United States. We shouldn't pretend he is just as valid as any other candidate in the name of balance.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 22:14   #14
martyh

Quote:

Also how is Trump a racist scumbag? Please advise where and when he has put forward the proposition that white Americans are superior to other Americans of different ethnic genealogy.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Democracy in action. No doubt you'll approve.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

What has he said then that's quite out there?
You clearly haven't been watching Trumps rantings ,however the rest of the world has and is terrified that lunatic gets control of the most powerful nation on the planet

Quote:
Also how is Trump a racist scumbag
Well to start with he wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out

Then there's little gem “Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”

which was followed in the same outburst by this “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”

and he really really hates the Chinese
Old 20-07-2016, 23:08   #15
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF Trump wins the elction, it will be a tragedy for the United States. He has so much hatred for people.

He has not had to beg for any money. He is a Multi Millionaire, fly in his OWN plane.

Treat Muslims and Mexicans, as ****. He has already said that he will build a brick wall against Mexicans, and ban Muslims from the States.

He is a total disgrace to the people of the States.

IF, he wins, guarantee, someone will try and kill him within several months.

My money is on Hilary.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote