Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unable to send/receive emails (split from "Re: Wireless information")

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving - xfer of email address

Old 27-08-2008, 17:05   #1
JadeFalcon
Inactive

JadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enough
Moving - xfer of email address

am moving to my girlfriends this weekend who already has ntl/virgin, i want to xfer my email account's to hers, is there somebody i can contact to do this or will i be better off deleting the email address from this account and making them up again on hers ?

tia for replies
JadeFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2008, 17:12   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moving - xfer of email address

Yoou won't be able to delete and reinstate them to another account yourself. The addys although not available, would be in a hidden list for a while.

You'll have to call broadband tech support and they may be able to help you. You'll need your own account details including password. You'll also need your girlfriend to give them authorisation i.e. account details and password. That might get a bit complex.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 17:18   #3
JadeFalcon
Inactive

JadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enough

thanks will try giving them a call tomorrow
Old 27-08-2008, 18:49   #4
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFalcon View Post
am moving to my girlfriends this weekend who already has ntl/virgin, i want to xfer my email account's to hers, is there somebody i can contact to do this or will i be better off deleting the email address from this account and making them up again on hers ?

tia for replies
If your girlfriend does not have an @ntlworld.com email address then you will be able to initiate a Move and Transfer from your account to her account, which is essentially just grafting your old username and email alias onto her account.

It is essential that both parties are present when you call Tech Support so to clear DPA.

Remember your girlfriend must not have a @ntlworld.com email address that she wants to keep as it will disappear if you do the above

Only Tech Support can do this so do not call any other number!

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
Old 03-09-2008, 16:17   #5
JadeFalcon
Inactive

yes unfortunatly she already has an @ntlworld.co.uk account

do you know how long virgin keep an email address on hold after closing an account ? as it might be easier that way to just close the account wait for the time out release period then hopefully manage to set up the email address again from her pc ?
Old 03-09-2008, 22:55   #6
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFalcon View Post
yes unfortunatly she already has an @ntlworld.co.uk account

do you know how long virgin keep an email address on hold after closing an account ? as it might be easier that way to just close the account wait for the time out release period then hopefully manage to set up the email address again from her pc ?
The account will go into what is termed DI and after a period of time it will go to TE which can take between 3 and 12 months, ask if they can terminate your account immediately for you if possible.
Old 03-09-2008, 23:05   #7
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

You can't transfer from ex-ntl to ex-tw or vice versa as I unfortunately found out recently.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 23:08   #8
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
You can't transfer from ex-ntl to ex-tw or vice versa as I unfortunately found out recently.
I hope you got a nice apology from the agent who had to inform you of that fact.

Its even worse if the customer is only moving a mile or so in some areas, but they are completely different platforms at present.
Old 03-09-2008, 23:35   #9
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

would migrating to a dialup account work?

Can you still even do that/

I know it works with some of the other ISP's you migrate the email addy to a payg dialup acc then dialup every x number of days.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04   #10
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
would migrating to a dialup account work?

Can you still even do that/

I know it works with some of the other ISP's you migrate the email addy to a payg dialup acc then dialup every x number of days.
No you cannot migrate to dial up.

You would be better opening a googlemail account then you never have to lose your email addy.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:03   #11
Haighy
Inactive

Haighy is an unknown quantity at this point

I pay for a domain name via www.uk2.net. Costs me 3 quid a year and mail to it can be forwarded to anywhere. Currently it is set to forward to gmail and then on to my ntlworld account, where it is picked up by Outlook. I have had the same email addy for 7 years or so and any changes to my final address make no difference to the addy people have. Also means I have an easy to remember address ..... myname.co.uk
Other domain name hosts are available of course :-)
Just checked, jadefalcon.co.uk is available.
Haighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:36   #12
chickendippers
Inactive

chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoIneedatech View Post
I hope you got a nice apology from the agent who had to inform you of that fact.
Yea, after they put me on hold for 10 minutes finding that out for me

It's no biggie, I do run a hosting company after all, but I did use it as a secret email address for things like online banking. Easy to change though.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:50   #13
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
Yea, after they put me on hold for 10 minutes finding that out for me

It's no biggie, I do run a hosting company after all, but I did use it as a secret email address for things like online banking. Easy to change though.
It took them 10 minutes!! now that is taking the mick!!

I would have told you as soon as I saw blueyonder and ntl.

One of our offshore team? by any chance.
Old 05-09-2008, 21:29   #14
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It took them 10 minutes!! now that is taking the mick!!

I would have told you as soon as I saw blueyonder and ntl.

Ha I can beat that, took me over 45mins and about 5 callcenter agents to get a password reset for someone, dispite each time the person correctly verifying they were indeed the account holder (I won't say who it was but it wasn't virgin media)
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 14:42   #15
chickendippers
Inactive

Quote:
You guessed it!