Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 10-12-2016, 11:14   #2221
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
ive got one coming next week I think. so didnt realise you can watch recordings on your tablet, is this going to be severely limited due to licensing or will I be able to watch most of the stuff I record?
Sadly Virgin won't tell us but I aim to find out Wednesday
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2016, 11:35   #2222
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Surely some already know , RobboEdin already has one surely he can advise you.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:18   #2223
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
ive got one coming next week I think. so didnt realise you can watch recordings on your tablet, is this going to be severely limited due to licensing or will I be able to watch most of the stuff I record?
Don't see why it should be restricted as the source of the programme is still the Tivo. The tablet is just the display device.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:37   #2224
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenman35 View Post
The Sky Q is still a 'work in progress' with many bugs and foibles. True it has UHD on sports channels but this is via an app and you cant rewind a live match to check incidents that occur. I have read that UHD is also not 'full fat' UHD but described as UHD light but i am not able to understand the technical points raised
It's funny that as I'm currently watching the Watford v Everton game in UHD and have the full use of pause , rewind etc.
Old 10-12-2016, 13:08   #2225
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Surely some already know , RobboEdin already has one surely he can advise you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Don't see why it should be restricted as the source of the programme is still the Tivo. The tablet is just the display device.
The available channels and programmes are in the help articles:

Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for Android

Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Quote:
Below is a quick guide to what recorded shows you can watch. We'll update this list as more channels are added. How many shows are available to stream or download varies by channel.
Old 10-12-2016, 13:48   #2226
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I'm confused by that as under streaming recordings or download it doesn't list any Sky channels however I'm sure people had said previously they could box to box stream on Sky channels.

Is that just a restriction on tablet/smartphones or is it box to box also.
Old 10-12-2016, 14:01   #2227
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The lists are purely for the app.

Box to Box streaming availability is different, and I don't believe there are any main restrictions (though individual shows may still be blocked).

Last edited by BenMcr; 10-12-2016 at 14:05.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 14:04   #2228
fenman35
cf.member

fenman35 is on a distinguished roadfenman35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's funny that as I'm currently watching the Watford v Everton game in UHD and have the full use of pause , rewind etc.
Well I have just tried it and it will not rewind or fast foward, I can pause however
fenman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 14:08   #2229
Ed92uk
Inactive

Ed92uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just ordered my V6 which will be installed on 6th January.

It was hard work though to explain to the advisor and I'm not sure where some of the prices were coming from. I presume I will receive a confirmation email I can double check everything.

I got the box for the £64.99 which sounds right but the advisor initially said £150 then when pushed oh yes I can apply a discount just for today of £40 install and then we can half the upgrade fee on your account.

The other issue is my monthly fee has gone up by £20. I was told this was for keeping my old TiVo and then having the new v6 so does that sound right an extra £20 for a second box? Iv only ever had one TiVo but it would be nice to hook up in the bedroom. Is that worth £20 a month though I'm not convinced.

Unable to add homeworks 300 until after v6 install when I have to phone back (anyone else got v6 and 300?).

Finally the very last sentence the advisor said was oh the price we have agreed on xx a month I have some wonderful news I can discount that for 12 months by £5 for you... i replied that's great and then he slipped in (as I was expecting) that would be a new contract. I'm sure most people can handle that but I did think it was a bit sneaky right at the end of the call as if it's a personal favour for you.
Ed92uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 14:10   #2230
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well I have just tried it and it will not rewind or fast foward, I can pause however
From the home screen

Goto Sport - Ultra HD then select the game and it works

It will only start the buffer from when you start watching , although a restart feature will start from next year.
Old 10-12-2016, 14:25   #2231
jpa
Inactive

jpa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just phoned up and got an installation of the V6 for February 10th at £64.95, I have asked for a Cancellation as well so hopefully I will get that, the quicker the better.
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 14:42   #2232
fenman35
cf.member

fenman35 is on a distinguished roadfenman35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
From the home screen

Goto Sport - Ultra HD then select the game and it works

It will only start the buffer from when you start watching , although a restart feature will start from next year.
I just tried it via the sports-uhd route and I could rewind but trying again it did not work and a message came up 'you can't pause or rewind this programme'
A third attempt it again worked OK. Going via the live programme then red button does not work.

Like I orginally said Sky Q has many bugs!

Last edited by fenman35; 10-12-2016 at 14:46.
fenman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 14:54   #2233
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I just tried it via the sports-uhd route and I could rewind but trying again it did not work and a message came up 'you can't pause or rewind this programme'
A third attempt it again worked OK. Going via the live programme then red button does not work.

Like I orginally said Sky Q has many bugs!
All systems have bugs but your original point was incorrect the ability to rewind in live games is there and works without issue here.

Is your Iphone or Android phone bug free do you expect the V6 to be completely bug free ? The existing Tivo and Sky+HD still have bugs it's inevitable problems will be found you simply can't recreate every individuals home setup on testing.

It would be a lot easier if everybody connected their box direct to a tv but nowadays many use soundbars , AV receivers etc making testing every connection scenario impossible.

Last edited by muppetman11; 10-12-2016 at 15:30.
Old 10-12-2016, 16:51   #2234
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm confused by that as under streaming recordings or download it doesn't list any Sky channels however I'm sure people had said previously they could box to box stream on Sky channels.

Is that just a restriction on tablet/smartphones or is it box to box also.
Basically any sky channels from living to one to two and more, can't have downloads sent to our box that is a hell of a restriction compared to sky q

Also no shows from 4 music or 4 seven or CBS or channel 4 Or E4 or MTV Channels and limited UK TV, the rest need to be TV anywhere but only wifi

There is very little material I can send to my box wow

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 10-12-2016 at 16:58.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 17:56   #2235
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I just broke my v6 virginity and installed my first v6 today, strange thing was the customer had a SH1 and only 70meg!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote