Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

Old 15-05-2013, 20:36   #76
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
Ben bought mine from VM shop in Swansea. Are you talking about the baseband version?

Got this on KIES PDA:LPT/PHONE:LQ6/CSC:LPA(CPW)
That would explain it - it's a Carphone Warehouse version. Which is really odd as all the directly sold ones as far as I'm aware are XEU

The CPW variant of Jelly Bean hasn't been released yet. This is the listing on Sammobile for the CPW variant http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=CPW#firmware
Old 15-05-2013, 21:20   #77
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

What do you suggest Ben go back to the shop and ask for the correct handset?
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 21:21   #78
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What do you suggest Ben go back to the shop and ask for the correct handset?
I doubt you would get very far. Technically you have the correct handset - a Samsung Galaxy SII. It just happens to have a different firmware variant on it.
Old 15-05-2013, 21:22   #79
bayonet
cf.addict

bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

OK cheers thanks for the help
Old 16-05-2013, 05:19   #80
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
What is your firmware version. The S2 phones VM have sold directly are XEU

It seems that there are some on Virgin Mobile but sold via Carphone Warehouse that have their own firmware version - that hasn't yet started to get the update
I have baseband version 19100XXMS2

I upgraded to my S2 over the phone about 18 months ago when the contract expired on my HTC HD2
Old 16-05-2013, 08:36   #81
bayonet
cf.addict

Yes thanks again looks like the shops have a carphone warehouse variant which is why the upgrade to JB is delayed on my handset
Old 11-11-2013, 11:48   #82
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Galaxy S3 is now getting the 4.3 update
Old 11-11-2013, 13:15   #83
bayonet
cf.addict

Is the S2 likely to get it Ben?
Old 11-11-2013, 13:19   #84
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Is the S2 likely to get it Ben?
Nope, Samsung have said the S2 won't get any further updates http://gsminsider.com/2013/07/samsun...ouchwiz-issue/
Old 11-11-2013, 13:21   #85
bayonet
cf.addict

Yes thought I'd read it somewhere
Old 11-11-2013, 14:32   #86
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Nope, Samsung have said the S2 won't get any further updates http://gsminsider.com/2013/07/samsun...ouchwiz-issue/
******s.

But then at least there's the open source community, the S2 got the 4.3 update from Cyanogen already, even the original HTC Desire got updated to 4.2.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 14:58   #87
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Has anyone with a Galaxy S3 updated to 4.3 yet? It is available OTA and through Kies but hearing lots of stories of taking a long time to unlock, battery draining fast and wifi problems. Seen enough reports to make me want to hold off a bit longer anyway.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 15:07   #88
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

My workmate has, and is getting the lock and battery issues unfortunately
Old 12-11-2013, 15:23   #89
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Thanks, will defo hold off updating now. Been waiting forever for this update too.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 00:35   #90
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The 4.3 update has been nothing but a total PITA on my S4, and unfortunately also makes it impossible to downgrade.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote