Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Suck!

Old 24-04-2008, 11:47   #76
peteg
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia 2meg
peteg is an unknown quantity at this point
Over selling Norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Personally I think its the norm, overselling.
I don't believe that!

How could you oversell Norm?? He's just, there, is all.
peteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2008, 11:49   #77
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Over selling Norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg View Post
I don't believe that!

How could you oversell Norm?? He's just, there, is all.
What I ment was - they oversell the connections thus cramming as many people in some areas on the same box.

Thus people in some areas, get a poor connection others dont, personally mine is at 19.5MB constant.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 16:01   #78
Morden
Inactive

Services: Cable, Freeview DVD recorder, telephone L, BB L, TV xl, V+
Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Suck!

Do you think he is releted to Barney Grumble in the simpsons ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Barney_Gumble.png
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 18:27   #79
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
My new Dbox i got from Germany crashed last night and i had to upload some new firmware.

Damn you Virgin!
You are nothing but a sponger.
Old 26-04-2008, 10:58   #80
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie_C View Post
You are nothing but a sponger.
Say what? I think he means his new Sky Digibox, as he has no VM services.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 13:27   #81
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
Say what? I think he means his new Sky Digibox, as he has no VM services.
He means his ILLEGAL cable box.
Old 26-04-2008, 13:42   #82
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No, he doesn't, he means his Sky Digibox, he hates VM.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 18:59   #83
neoapple
Inactive

Services: 10MB BB, Family Pack TV
neoapple is on a distinguished roadneoapple is on a distinguished road

I am getting very annoyed with virgin media capping our internet and access to other areas of the internet.
I mean if i pay for 20mb broadband i should be able to use the full speed of that to go to any website i want to.
I don't want stupid bandwidth caps bcause virgin are to dam lazy and cheap to fix their network. I mean whats the point of having a fast internet connection if you can't use it to even browse the internet as such. I do ALOT of photography work and other bits so my browsing is kind of high already. As im always uploading content to my webserver and photography websites. I also run a linux home server so i have updates for that every now and again.
I like to watch my tv shows over the internet and if i can't even do that with virgin whats the dam point! I mean come on just because BBC has a good service why should BBC have to suffer because virgin is to dam cheap to upgrade stuff and sort it out! I mean they are upgrading the network to faster connections for users but it's not helping the situation as all they are doing is increasing the load and not the network!!!!!!
neoapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 21:37   #84
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Hmm not with you on that one mate.

Would you want to pay £6Billion to get VM out of debt so they can concentrate on their network.
Old 27-04-2008, 00:30   #85
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoapple View Post
I am getting very annoyed with virgin media capping our internet and access to other areas of the internet.
I mean if i pay for 20mb broadband i should be able to use the full speed of that to go to any website i want to.
I don't want stupid bandwidth caps bcause virgin are to dam lazy and cheap to fix their network. I mean whats the point of having a fast internet connection if you can't use it to even browse the internet as such. I do ALOT of photography work and other bits so my browsing is kind of high already. As im always uploading content to my webserver and photography websites. I also run a linux home server so i have updates for that every now and again.
I like to watch my tv shows over the internet and if i can't even do that with virgin whats the dam point! I mean come on just because BBC has a good service why should BBC have to suffer because virgin is to dam cheap to upgrade stuff and sort it out! I mean they are upgrading the network to faster connections for users but it's not helping the situation as all they are doing is increasing the load and not the network!!!!!!

The problem is the Kit to upgrade the network is anything but cheap.

Personally I think broadband should be marketed with a speed range rather than a speed.

Basically instead of 20Mbit broadband 2 - 20 Mbit broadband.

and then use Qos/Load balancing to set it so that everyone gets say 2Mbit minimum (external factors not withstanding) but if there's more bandwidth available you get to use it.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 10:03   #86
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I've got 6, and its all Virgins fault.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 23:09   #87
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

been reading this thread and apart from the odd looney am i the odd man out.

1. never had any trouble with my phone.

2. never had any trouble with my cable boxes.V+

3. internet has always been ok,xbox360 online works great.three latops all work great, nintendo Wii works great.even with the wii,xbox and maybe a couple of laptops running (surfing the net).all ok
been with telewest since day one.
its all just great

Happy days
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 13:43   #88
checker
Inactive

checker has a spectacular aura about themchecker has a spectacular aura about themchecker has a spectacular aura about themchecker has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggie View Post
been reading this thread and apart from the odd looney am i the odd man out.

1. never had any trouble with my phone.

2. never had any trouble with my cable boxes.V+

3. internet has always been ok,xbox360 online works great.three latops all work great, nintendo Wii works great.even with the wii,xbox and maybe a couple of laptops running (surfing the net).all ok
been with telewest since day one.
its all just great

Happy days
Me to, XL TV XL BB XL Phone all for £56 per month. Good speed, good picture & wife says the phone is good. Sorry to hear of all you people with problems.
checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 13:46   #89
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
I've got 6, and its all Virgins fault.
You didn't have to put that part - we assume that on your posts......
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59   #90
webcrawler2050
Inactive

To be honest, I am starting to get annoyed at people moaning, oh my "x,y,z" isnt working it's all Virgin Media's Fault. They have no clue about *simple* diagnostics and before they even know the facts you get silly comments like "Avoid" blah blah blah

Anybody else starting to get sick of this?