Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contractors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Contractors

Old 16-07-2011, 18:53   #121
dodgyf
Inactive

dodgyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Contractors

Being managed by yes men that have no idea whats its like to do our job, no equipment we install is the same as when they last did an installation. A new contractor that prides themselves on always getting pay right and making sure you have what you need for the job!!! just jobs for the boys and all below middle management are expendable
dodgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2011, 09:54   #122
TheGableGuy
Inactive

TheGableGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All I've been offered a position with Kelly on the BTopenreach network, conditions are £21.000 - £28.000, Monday to Friday for 4 minmum of installs a day, van fuel card Blackberry. I'm after some feedback to see if it is worth moving from VM/Mcnicholas?
TheGableGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 10:20   #123
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGableGuy View Post
Hi All I've been offered a position with Kelly on the BTopenreach network, conditions are £21.000 - £28.000, Monday to Friday for 4 minmum of installs a day, van fuel card Blackberry. I'm after some feedback to see if it is worth moving from VM/Mcnicholas?
Have you started at the beginning of this thread, There are a good few posts about the open reach job.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 13:12   #124
TheGableGuy
Inactive

TheGableGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah had a quick look some good some bad! I was hoping to hear from anyone actually working for Kellys on BTopenreach to see what the job is like!
TheGableGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 13:52   #125
Tcomms
Inactive

Tcomms is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGableGuy View Post
hi, i'm a new member on this site, but have been looking at the forum for years.the rates of pay and benefits you quote are correct. i've been working for kelly on this contract for a couple of months now and it is a whole new world compared to working on cable tv. i have been fully trained by proper trainers in a good training centre - paid full wage and put up in decent accomadation. i was then sent to field with an experienced tech who helped me with the stuff you need to know in the BT network. i am now doing 4 - 5 jobs a day and am finished and home for 6 at the latest. i am now on target to get the £28.000 and lovin my job!
Tcomms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 20:42   #126
Darakuli
Inactive

Darakuli is an unknown quantity at this point

McNicholas will be gone in the next 6 month, Fujitsu have moved to Phase 2 which has took over the rest of the company, They now own South Hampton, All the way upto Scotland, Including Wales and Ireland. Fujitsu are employing another 150-200 more people so they can get rid of McNicholas all together, They were saying today they are paying them way over what they should be and are concentrating on just have the Map Group UK employee's only.
Darakuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 19:02   #127
ary13
Inactive

ary13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also been offered a job with Kelly's this morning on the BT contract residential installs working in Manchester & Sunderland.
Working on the VM contracts at the moment.

Any Comments.
ary13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 14:01   #128
Tcomms
Inactive

Tcomms is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say go for it. ive no regrets!
Tcomms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 16:32   #129
Cabletvman
Inactive

Cabletvman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same boat as the cable guy. I used to work for kellys in the miidlands. Then Fujitsu got the contract!! dont know how or why!. Now I work for fujitsu and it a complete mess! I hear that Kelly have nearly 500 engineers on BT now, and it could increase to several 1000s. does anyone know if this is true? does anyone know what its like working for kellys on BT? or where to apply for a position?., thanks
Cabletvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 17:50   #130
ary13
Inactive

ary13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabletvman View Post
I am in the same boat as the cable guy. I used to work for kellys in the miidlands. Then Fujitsu got the contract!! dont know how or why!. Now I work for fujitsu and it a complete mess! I hear that Kelly have nearly 500 engineers on BT now, and it could increase to several 1000s. does anyone know if this is true? does anyone know what its like working for kellys on BT? or where to apply for a position?., thanks
Try here

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/deta...=3&j=DUA/50395

Hope this helps and good luck
ary13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 22:33   #131
Mr Banana

Here is why http://www.fujitsu.com/uk/news/pr/ftel_20110307.html. Has it dawned on you that these guys are probably Kellys hired hands telling you how good it is? Kellys don't have a great track record with their people look here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...neers.htmlhave never cared about their people. VM have signed up with Fujitsu because thay have a similar view on how to treat people the right way. They will even offer you a pension, will Kellys?

Quote:
Old 27-07-2011, 16:20   #132
Cabletvman
Inactive

Cabletvman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Contractors

Thanks Top Banana
I read the Fujitsu artical. It was obviously put together by the press office. the reality isnothing like the spin in the artical. I just spoke to a friend of a friend who is senior in VM and he said that the Sh*t has hit the fan big time in VM with the big bosses because VM have a net loss of 33,000 customers in the second quarter of tis year. he said that this is because mc nics and fujitsu have not been able to supply enough crews to carry out the installs. Both Sky and BT have significant growth during the same time frame. I am thinking of getting off the sinking ship. does anyone have any feed back on the kelly Openreach contract?
Cabletvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 23:03   #133
Mr Banana

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Read vm,s results to see why they suffered and accepted the number of customer losses. Get off the sinking ship as soon as possible as please as you are clearly a has been. Bye bye fool!
Quote:
Thanks Top Banana
I read the Fujitsu artical. It was obviously put together by the press office. the reality isnothing like the spin in the artical. I just spoke to a friend of a friend who is senior in VM and he said that the Sh*t has hit the fan big time in VM with the big bosses because VM have a net loss of 33,000 customers in the second quarter of tis year. he said that this is because mc nics and fujitsu have not been able to supply enough crews to carry out the installs. Both Sky and BT have significant growth during the same time frame. I am thinking of getting off the sinking ship. does anyone have any feed back on the kelly Openreach contract?
Old 28-07-2011, 08:59   #134
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Read vm,s results to see why they suffered and accepted the number of customer losses. Get off the sinking ship as soon as possible as please as you are clearly a has been. Bye bye fool!
The real view -

Deutsche Bank - Equity Research - Europe

Virgin Media : Shaving estimates under tougher operating conditions

Virgin Media {Ticker: VMED.L, Closing Price: 1,680.00 GBp, Target Price: 1,825.00 GBp, Recommendation: Hold}

Await improved visibility on competitive environment
VMED Q2 results were in line with cons. OCF expectations and ahead on FCF but with weaker Mobile and Business growth and poor cable customer net adds (-36k). The weaker subs can be explained by seasonality and a marketing quiet period and apparently the quality of leavers was inferior to joiners. The economy and competition were partly to blame however and we remain concerned on both. VMED has a number of product initiatives and tariff rises in the pipes and the shares are now below our TP, but we maintain Hold ahead of improving visibility.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:03   #135
cable monkey
Inactive

cable monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

having worked on the busiess install side of this for over 10yrs i must say that MAP were by far the biggest bunch of tosspots going,now Ftel have taken over and employed all the Team mangers and heiracy from MAP they are using the same bully boy tactics they are not intrested in the workers just building empires,i think VM will be in deeper **** if Ftel dont get this sorted ASAP,
cable monkey is offline   Reply With Quote