Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 01-12-2016, 22:44   #1771
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
That is correct, they called me this afternoon out of the blue. And they mentioned that I registered an interest. I was waiting for the catch but there wasn't one. Not a self install either.
where are you in Leicestershire ?
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2016, 22:49   #1772
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
I registered but not heard anything.
Hey, give 'em chance! They've got a lot of people to contact.

Quote:
I want to get 2 if possible are they letting you do that or just 1 ?
Ask when they contact you
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 22:58   #1773
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah I know it's early days was just trying to see if there was a certain criteria they were using that's all
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 23:02   #1774
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

[snip]

Virgin don't seem to be shouting from the rooftop about their brilliant new box...seems strange, yeah.
Well they did get someone to knock a quick power point together
Old 01-12-2016, 23:05   #1775
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Apparently they use your usage of the Community Forum to decide.

They multiply your Kudos on the forum by your Helpful Answers then add 1 to this product. If the answer is a prime number, you get a call and the offer of a free V6.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 23:14   #1776
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

[snip]

I fully expect a better range of apps to start appearing as well before too long; after all, the new box is designed for apps and this is completely in keeping with the direction of travel.
That'll be the hundreds of apps within the next 12 months malarkey again will it, the old box was designed for apps as well and the world is still waiting.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Getting one installed in Jan, for free. Can't be worse than the TiVo.
There's a brave statement.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:24   #1777
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Are those that are getting it free are the end of or out of contract I registered but not heard anything. Though I'm still in contract sonwonsering if that's why. I want to get 2 if possible are they letting you do that or just 1 ?
My Virgin lady (ooer) did say that due to me being on top BB and top TV I would benefit most from it so qualified/or fitted the criteria to receive a free box.

To be honest I never asked to try and get 2 however she had on record I had a V+ and 1 1TB TiVo and said we would like to take the V+ out and move your TiVo in it's place.
It was then up to me to sort out the connectivity if I wanted to MRS.

She did ask if my SH was in the same place as my TiVo and it is not so she said they may want to move it.
I said I didn't want that as it is connected to my PC via wire and wanted to keep it like that.
She said ok well the engineer would look at this when he arrived and would not change any setup unless I was completely satisfied.

She did mention the £5 charge would go on but they knew it was a bug and would be removed over night and keep the current costs completely the same.

My current contract does not expire until May and she kept saying I am not signing you up to any new contract or anything like that.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36   #1778
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Thanks well I'm on the same tip tier broadband and telly so I'll keep my fingers crossed
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:01   #1779
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Well isn't this an exciting development! I registered my interest ages ago and am on the top tier so fingers crossed!

Isn't it amazing to think how far we have gone from having VCRs to now.....
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:18   #1780
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Well they did get someone to knock a quick power point together
It was probably a job for one of the temps or work experience kids lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 13:11   #1781
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
My Virgin lady (ooer) did say that due to me being on top BB and top TV I would benefit most from it so qualified/or fitted the criteria to receive a free box.

To be honest I never asked to try and get 2 however she had on record I had a V+ and 1 1TB TiVo and said we would like to take the V+ out and move your TiVo in it's place.
It was then up to me to sort out the connectivity if I wanted to MRS.

She did ask if my SH was in the same place as my TiVo and it is not so she said they may want to move it.
I said I didn't want that as it is connected to my PC via wire and wanted to keep it like that.
She said ok well the engineer would look at this when he arrived and would not change any setup unless I was completely satisfied.

She did mention the £5 charge would go on but they knew it was a bug and would be removed over night and keep the current costs completely the same.

My current contract does not expire until May and she kept saying I am not signing you up to any new contract or anything like that.
what is the thinking behind this?

and have they completely sorted out the WiFi on the latest routers?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 13:15   #1782
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
what is the thinking behind this?

and have they completely sorted out the WiFi on the latest routers?
Presumably, because the V6 needs a nice strong signal to work efficiently. Having a wall or floor between the superhub and the V6 will reduce the signal.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 14:39   #1783
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Here are a couple of Virgin Media V6 v Sky Q comparison articles for those that like that sort of thing. A bit superficial but it's early days yet. I am sure there will be more - and more informative - pieces very soon.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1396...the-difference

http://www.stuff.tv/features/sky-q-v...tv-v6-weigh-in
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 14:43   #1784
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

This is why I prefer self install, I can just get on with it. Without needing to instruct, and make sure the installer gets everything where I want it.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 14:50   #1785
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Here are a couple of Virgin Media V6 v Sky Q comparison articles for those that like that sort of thing. A bit superficial but it's early days yet. I am sure there will be more - and more informative - pieces very soon.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1396...the-difference

http://www.stuff.tv/features/sky-q-v...tv-v6-weigh-in
Thanks for those interesting links heavyside.