Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 06-07-2015, 10:39   #1771
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Back at work after two weeks off to find the work equivalent of a huge steaming pile of cow manure waiting for me along with people who think an out of office message means just resend the email on the day I'm back instead of maybe finding someone else to do it.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2015, 11:01   #1772
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Back at work after two weeks off to find the work equivalent of a huge steaming pile of cow manure waiting for me along with people who think an out of office message means just resend the email on the day I'm back instead of maybe finding someone else to do it.
Sounds like my place..

One of our printers had a known fault that was easy to work around, but not covered by the warranty and would have cost at least £500 to repair. Essentially, a small switch in one of the paper cartridges jammed and occasionally had to be reset. A job that took 5 minutes with a small screwdriver. It was a documented problem, so all the techs could find the solution (assuming they didn't know it).

When the switch jammed, the printer registered a paper jam and was essentially out of action until the problem was solved.

This switch jammed while I was on holiday. The first I heard was when I got back and almost the first thing my assistant said to me is "Sorry, but I've handed in my notice". Then I got a phone call from my boss's boss asking me to come see him now. I did, and got essentially ripped a proverbial new one because our only A3 colour printer had been out of action a week, and had caused a delay to a coursework deadline.

So, I calmly pointed out to my boss that this was a known problem with the printer, and at least one technician knew the solution (a colleague, who seemingly stayed silent during this whole debacle, was the one who discovered the problem and the solution and told me). Even had they not known it, I had documented it if anyone bothered to look it up. I also pointed out that most of the team had my mobile number. If they had bothered to contact me, I would have talked them through the solution even though I was on holiday.

And yes, coursework deadlines are considered important enough by the uni that if we (as techs) do anything to delay them, we can get a written warning.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:18   #1773
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Seizures in the middle of what was cupposed to be a celebratory meal out last night. Osem Jnr#2 had one and it never gets any less frightening as we're always fearing the worst...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:20   #1774
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am sorry to hear that your son had a seizure and l do hope he is better this morning Osem as yes its extremely frightening to see it happening in front of your eyes.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:27   #1775
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Yes he's fine now Den thanks (touch wood as always!). Thankfully he recovered sufficiently quickly for us to get him home and off to bed before he conked out. This morning at 7.00 am he was as bright as a button and back to his usual self - a combination of PITA and a really lovely lad... Our main worry is that he's having more fits despite some fairly hefty increases in his meds.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:27   #1776
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Seizures in the middle of what was cupposed to be a celebratory meal out last night. Osem Jnr#2 had one and it never gets any less frightening as we're always fearing the worst...
Hope your son is all right now Osem. I can't begin to imagine how scared you were.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:47   #1777
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Hope your lad is recovering OK. I know how frightening it can be as my mother has occasional passing out fits due to lowering blood pressure, first time it happened I thought she was having a stroke and got the ambulance out down to A&E.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:13   #1778
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quite a holiday Arcimedes , I had a laugh about the slippers, I am feeling a bit better today, my throat seems to be better but my head still aches, should be a bit better tomorrow Den
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 16:31   #1779
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Osem I do hope your son is feeling better today. I cannot imagine just how frightening it was for you and your family and it's only natural to fear the worst. Hugs and best wishes to you all and give Osem Jnr #2 my best wishes and of course a big hug from me.
Old 06-07-2015, 18:39   #1780
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Yet another colonoscopy due for next month with a 3 day liquid diet and a slow prep oh joy.
Old 06-07-2015, 18:41   #1781
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hope your son is all right now Osem. I can't begin to imagine how scared you were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Hope your lad is recovering OK. I know how frightening it can be as my mother has occasional passing out fits due to lowering blood pressure, first time it happened I thought she was having a stroke and got the ambulance out down to A&E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Osem I do hope your son is feeling better today. I cannot imagine just how frightening it was for you and your family and it's only natural to fear the worst. Hugs and best wishes to you all and give Osem Jnr #2 my best wishes and of course a big hug from me.
Cheers guys. Yes he's back to normal (or I should say his version of normal) now.

He's had a good active day today, having been to an outdoor pursuits centre today with his class and done all sorts of climbing, swinging and zip wire gliding. We've only just brought him home from school but he's still full of beans and we're both knackered...

Happy days however.
Old 06-07-2015, 18:44   #1782
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Hope your son is getting better Osem, Good Luck for next week peanut
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 19:21   #1783
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes he's fine now Den thanks (touch wood as always!). Thankfully he recovered sufficiently quickly for us to get him home and off to bed before he conked out. This morning at 7.00 am he was as bright as a button and back to his usual self - a combination of PITA and a really lovely lad... Our main worry is that he's having more fits despite some fairly hefty increases in his meds.
I'm glad he's ok

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Yet another colonoscopy due for next month with a 3 day liquid diet and a slow prep oh joy.
I hope it all goes ok.

My next round of tests start next week. Which are heart ultrasound and stress tests then MRI on my heart.

Still at least it's only foot clinic this week
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 19:29   #1784
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Sorry to hear of yet more tests for you peanut and l do hope you get through your ordeal fine and well.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I'm glad he's ok

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I hope it all goes ok.

My next round of tests start next week. Which are heart ultrasound and stress tests then MRI on my heart.

Still at least it's only foot clinic this week
It never rains but it pours with all the tests you have dilli.
Old 06-07-2015, 19:31   #1785
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Not pleasant. Hope it goes well.

Same to you Dilli.