Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 5

Old 05-04-2010, 23:36   #121
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of
Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...1&d=1270506826

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karen_Gillan02.JPG (35.6 KB, 32 views)
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 00:30   #122
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

I did find the zit concealer they used a couple of times a bit off putting, made her look like she had herpes!
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:20   #123
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Possibly, but in the original, they showed many more. The ones I recall are bedrooms for Adric, Nyssa and Romana, a Garden, the swimming pool (which was at least mentioned), a medical centre , the wardrobe and a few corridors.
Not forgetting the alternative "wooden" control room.

Also I'm sure I remember an episode, a Baker one I think, were they went into the deepest bowles of the tardis.

Also the '96 tardis had big gothic rooms with a massive staircase.

Smith actually reminds me of McGanns doctor.

I didn't like the start sequence, I like the old one more because the music gave it a sort of menace, the new one is to nice.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:05   #124
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I must be sad, Ive watched 3 times now, my only gripe is the tardis doors opening outward.
And yes the tardis is huge with loads of rooms, didnt one regenerate in a bedroom? and I'm pretty sure one episode was based in the tardis and its infinet rooms etc.
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:19   #125
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Not forgetting the alternative "wooden" control room.

Also I'm sure I remember an episode, a Baker one I think, were they went into the deepest bowles of the tardis.

Also the '96 tardis had big gothic rooms with a massive staircase.

Smith actually reminds me of McGanns doctor.

I didn't like the start sequence, I like the old one more because the music gave it a sort of menace, the new one is to nice.
I read somewhere, ages ago (so it could have been part of the hype for the show) that the Tardis control room as used in the 96 movie actually got closest to the appearance the show's creator wanted. Apparently he wanted a sort of Jules Verne time machine look, but the BBC decided it didn't look space age enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
I must be sad, Ive watched 3 times now, my only gripe is the tardis doors opening outward.
And yes the tardis is huge with loads of rooms, didnt one regenerate in a bedroom? and I'm pretty sure one episode was based in the tardis and its infinet rooms etc.
I saw one episode where the Doctor, Leela and a couple of Gallifreyans are being chased through the bowels of the Tardis by some Sontarans. I remember a about three or four scenes where they run past the same swimming pool, and the Dr swears he knows where he is going.

Also there is the scene in Logopolis what the Doctor acidentally materialises his tardis around the Master's tardis, which apparently causes an infinite number of tardises to exist on the same spot.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:15   #126
marky
Inactive

marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I remember the tardis in a tardis one, it was errrrrr weird to say the least.
Old 07-04-2010, 13:46   #127
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That was Logopolis, Tom Baker's swansong. I watched it recently and it's still a superb story. Very moody and atmospheric.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 22:04   #128
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

With a decent Master, no frantic running for no reason, and no waving of sonic screwdrivers to save the day, oh and a back door on the tardis
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:26   #129
marky
Inactive

The trailer for The Beast Below looks intesting and still no British dalek.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52   #130
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You mean this dude?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28   #131
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I await the model of that with interest.

I already have one TARDIS and a new sonic screwdriver (from the new series) for my collectoin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5100.JPG (779.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5101.JPG (765.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6004.JPG (859.1 KB, 19 views)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 21:29   #132
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

24 inch intel core 2 duo imac by any chance Thomas?
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 21:37   #133
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
24 inch intel core 2 duo imac by any chance Thomas?

he just bought the keyboard
Old 09-04-2010, 21:48   #134
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Indeed I just like the bluetooth keyboard. Best I've had since my old bbc b micro.

edit - this is my pc (with my old keyboard though).
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 22:29   #135
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

ahh, the model B... mine had the solidisk twomeg 128 and dfdc fitted.

that is without doubt one HELL of a PC case... looks better than the thermaltake level 10 case.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote