Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2006 Season

Old 23-10-2006, 00:22   #76
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Well, I didn't predict today's winner, but I'm glad that he did get it, and that Alonso got the title. Was worried that Jenson was gonna try something stupid and end up taking himself and Alonso out, leaving Massa to suddenly have "unexpected technical problems" thereby handing the win to Schuey.

Saying that, Schuey did do well to claw back as much as he did after his little set back
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2006, 00:52   #77
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Well, I didn't predict today's winner, but I'm glad that he did get it, and that Alonso got the title. Was worried that Jenson was gonna try something stupid and end up taking himself and Alonso out, leaving Massa to suddenly have "unexpected technical problems" thereby handing the win to Schuey.

Saying that, Schuey did do well to claw back as much as he did after his little set back
It was a very good race, there was some excellent driving, I was so pleased that Button got a podium place from a p14 qualifying position - Martin Brundle's exposition on different driving styles may have explained why Button managed that, on a bumpy, multisurface track, where other drivers did not
Old 23-10-2006, 08:06   #78
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

After Saturdays qualifying, I thought the only winner would be Massa, with Schumacher right behind him, then if alonso got into trouble or DNF, Schumacher would fly past massa to take the champion. Schumacher, although i am not a great admirer of the guy, drove a brilliant race and deservered to finish where he was.
I think Alonso was the more consistent driver between both of them so am glad he took the championship.
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 08:30   #79
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well after several year of ITV P**s poor coverage (The Japanese GP was the final nail in the coffin) going to yet another advert and coming back to find that Schuey had car problems and was pulling off the track.

I will NOT be watch another GP on ITV unless they stop showning ad during the race. I mean the hour befor the GP there is one advert but as soon and they get ready for the parade lap adverts come fast and furious.

There is on average 20 mins of adverts per race, nearly a third of it.

Plus putting the qualifying on ITV4 (Why didn't they cancel that piece of cr@p x-factor), luckily I can get ITV 4.

So from now on I'm 100% A1GP on Sky Sports.

PS
Does anybody know the name of the company that you complain to about TV companies (website/contact details)?
Old 23-10-2006, 09:54   #80
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

you can send a mail to the duty office.. which i think is dutyoffice@itv.com and then there is OFCOM as well
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:07   #81
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post

I thought that Jenson made a big mistake by not trying to take Alonso. Alonso would most likely have let him past rather than ending up having a coming together which took them both out of the race.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 17:39   #82
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yeah, definitely... I'd have done the same in his position.

Actually, in his position I'd be sh*tting myself and crying for my Mummy
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 09:39   #83
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles View Post
Well after several year of ITV P**s poor coverage (The Japanese GP was the final nail in the coffin) going to yet another advert and coming back to find that Schuey had car problems and was pulling off the track.

I will NOT be watch another GP on ITV unless they stop showning ad during the race. I mean the hour befor the GP there is one advert but as soon and they get ready for the parade lap adverts come fast and furious.

There is on average 20 mins of adverts per race, nearly a third of it.

Plus putting the qualifying on ITV4 (Why didn't they cancel that piece of cr@p x-factor), luckily I can get ITV 4.

So from now on I'm 100% A1GP on Sky Sports.

PS
Does anybody know the name of the company that you complain to about TV companies (website/contact details)?
And apart from that, it was yet another example of why we need one set of film crews, production staff and a director for the season. The (presumably local) director was appalling, ignored 3/4 of Shoemaker's amazing climb back through the pack, most of the significant pit stop exits and half of the pit stops had no stopwatch running on them. Dreadful.

But a stunning end to the race season, thoroughly edge-of-seat stuff.

Not sure about this freeze on development rule that's coming in now though.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote