Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2006 Season

Old 15-05-2006, 18:58   #16
homealone

Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orior
A mate of mine says about formula 1 "What a waste of fuel."
After watching yesterdays 'race', I'm tending to agree.

The tweaking of the rules has done nothing to improve the spectacle, they need to sort things out so that overtaking is, at least, possible, be it 'push to pass', steel brakes, aerodynamic changes, whatever, something needs to be done, and fast.
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2006, 02:57   #17
tonecold
Inactive

Services: NTL 1MB BB, Freeview
tonecold is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you kidding? The last 2 seasons have been the closest in years, although the 'golden boy' Kimi kept blowing his chances and his team kept blaming it on his engine.. first time I've ever seen an abused and flat-spotted tyre blamed on a crap engine but meh. At least Schumacher has a chance of competing with Alonso this year, oh and to all those who say Schumi has lost it, he's been head to head with Alonso what? 4 times this year and Won twice.

I watched A1 GP and found it to be sh*t... they promised more overtaking than F1 and it has failed spectacularly to deliver based on what I have seen. I'd rather watch that american oval borefest.

Grand Prix Masters was good though, Go Mansell, shame BBC only had that one race and not the 2006 series.
tonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:18   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

After watching the S***e coverage of the US GP, and subsequent lack of results I complained to ITV (I've blood pouring out of my mouth where I have bitten my lip.)

Quote:
"Why did you bother to show the US GP you where either in an advert or plugging the world cup match, there was no results shown after the race. The Qualifing was a joke shown so late.
Like last weeks Canada GP nearly twenty minutes where spent in adverts.
Well thank you and goodbye, I'll get Sky installed an switch over to A1GP, as they don't have any adverts during a race"
Does anybody know the details of that idepentant body that you can compain to?
Old 02-07-2006, 20:38   #19
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

well you can try ofcom and also the Dity office at ITV check the ITV web site for their e-mail address

the qualifying was on live but they put it on ITV 4 .. if you ever can't find it on ITV 1 always have a check through all their channels or just ask on here if it's being shown live
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:14   #20
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
After watching the S***e coverage of the US GP, and subsequent lack of results I complained to ITV (I've blood pouring out of my mouth where I have bitten my lip.)
I also noticed that it ended somewhat suddenly this afternoon - presumably as more people would complain about Coronation Street being further delayed than would about not getting the F1 press conference afterwards.

I'd really love to see F1 without ads too - on the basis that there would be riots in the streets if ITV plonked an adbreak in the middle of play of an England football game.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 23:41   #21
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I am sure I remember ITV pledging never to show ads in the middle of a race when they took over F1. In fact, for a couple of seasons, IIRC, they did cut out the ads in the middle of the race, and simply had one long ad break at the end.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 13:02   #22
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

no there has always been 5 ads during the race although in the last one there was 6.. the ads are even longer now though and at the start of each ad we get the swiftcover sponsor plus the ITV F1 bit too. i already know i'm watching ITV they don't have to tell me

could be worse just watched the boxing and they had an ad break in all bar 3 of the rounds
Old 09-07-2006, 13:04   #23
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

The season has started ?

Shows how much I watch it now.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:34   #24
sherer
Inactive

Monty has gone replaced by De la Rosa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/5168206.stm
shame really as he's one of the few drivers who will overtake on the track just shows were F1 is if a racer is kicked out and all those who just "wait for the stops" are still there
Old 11-07-2006, 11:43   #25
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
Monty has gone replaced by De la Rosa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/5168206.stm
shame really as he's one of the few drivers who will overtake on the track just shows were F1 is if a racer is kicked out and all those who just "wait for the stops" are still there
I know what you mean, but I also felt that recently the level of frustration was making him take that to a level, which was becoming dangerous. I think De la Rosa will be a much better team player.
Old 11-07-2006, 14:26   #26
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

JPM is a quick racer - no doubts abut that, its his lack of consistency that fails him. I thought that when he moved to McLaren, him and Kimi would have blown the competition away, but only Kimi has.
Good luck to JPM in his new role.
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:56   #27
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

yeah. i'm glad de la rosa is back. he had a half decent season when arrows was reasonably quick
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 16:14   #28
sherer
Inactive

De la Rosa is a known quantity though we all know what he can and can't do.. i'd rather see Gary Parfett given a few races and would be even better to see Lewis Hamilton goven a few races after the GP2 season is over too
Old 06-08-2006, 14:43   #29
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Button may finally win a race !!
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 14:58   #30
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
Button may finally win a race !!
GET IN THERE !!!

Well done Jenson.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote