Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 23-12-2012, 12:02   #466
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
if you do not use them force stop them or uninstall them from your applications settings
Im force stoppimng them but some keep coming back in the list. Twitter for example i force stop and even if i dont use it, a few mins later its in the list again. Same as some other apps as well. Ive told it to Auto kill when screen is off

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Ive just gone into application manager and forced stopped some apps like s suggest etc and disabled them as samsung apps cant uninstall from what i can see
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2012, 16:05   #467
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I find the battery on my new S3 to last far longer than my HTC Sensation, it easily lasts over a day with a few hours of internet usage.

Love the phone so fast compared to the my HTC, just want to update the frimware from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 though.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 16:47   #468
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I find the battery on my new S3 to last far longer than my HTC Sensation, it easily lasts over a day with a few hours of internet usage.

Love the phone so fast compared to the my HTC, just want to update the frimware from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 though.
If or when you get 4.2..let me know about battery life. I think that version has something that sucks the battery (not in a good way )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 17:53   #469
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Compared to the One X the battery life on my S3 is night and day. Quite literally

Still I always carry a spare and with the pair I can easily manage 15+ hours of internet/music/video consumption which is plenty for someone who needs a decent amount of sleep. With light usage it lasts 4 days.

I'd take a look at what's sucking the battery either in battery details or with an app like System Panel App that tells you the exact CPU consumption of every application. Then Titanium Backup to disable the sucky ones
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:56   #470
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Compared to the One X the battery life on my S3 is night and day. Quite literally

Still I always carry a spare and with the pair I can easily manage 15+ hours of internet/music/video consumption which is plenty for someone who needs a decent amount of sleep. With light usage it lasts 4 days.

I'd take a look at what's sucking the battery either in battery details or with an app like System Panel App that tells you the exact CPU consumption of every application. Then Titanium Backup to disable the sucky ones
Ill take a look. Im using that Advanced task killer and even thou i kill apps, they come back, even apps that i havnt even opened are appearing on there
Old 23-12-2012, 21:17   #471
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Not had issues with the battery use, even though I don't use the power saving option. First phone I have had that I have not installed advanced task killer on, just doesn't seem needed. Have light flow installed like you (awesome app ) so I doubt that is the issue. I keep GPS off most of the time and usually remember to turn off wifi when I go out. So maybe those make a difference.

The battery menu under settings isnt always useful finding the drain though.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Quote:
My brother in law asked me if he should get the S3 or the One X. Told him to get the S3 as he could change the battery and add more storage.

Naturally he got the One X against my advice but hasn't mentioned any battery problems. Did get a phone call from him asking for advice because it had frozen and wouldn't power off. Without thinking I told him to pull the battery out He had to wait a day and half for the juice to run out and turn off, which I guess it pretty quick.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 04:25   #472
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ill take a look. Im using that Advanced task killer and even thou i kill apps, they come back, even apps that i havnt even opened are appearing on there
That's normal. There's no reason to randomly kill apps.

What you want is to find out what is consuming power, and fix that. Ignore everything else.
Old 24-12-2012, 07:19   #473
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Finally got offered the OTA update at 6.45am after getting stuck with the server queue message for 3 to 4 days.
Old 24-12-2012, 08:24   #474
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Not had issues with the battery use, even though I don't use the power saving option. First phone I have had that I have not installed advanced task killer on, just doesn't seem needed. Have light flow installed like you (awesome app ) so I doubt that is the issue. I keep GPS off most of the time and usually remember to turn off wifi when I go out. So maybe those make a difference..
I have Wifi off when out and GPS off as well. The light flow issue is a bug in the phone according to a post above. Ill see how i get on and try and compare each day

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 ----------

Quote:
That's normal. There's no reason to randomly kill apps.

What you want is to find out what is consuming power, and fix that. Ignore everything else.
Its just stramge that random apps appear in the list even if i havnt opened them.

Im going to try and look into what is eating my battery useage and have a look

Quote:
Finally got offered the OTA update at 6.45am after getting stuck with the server queue message for 3 to 4 days.
At least you now have it. What to you think to the update?
Old 24-12-2012, 08:32   #475
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am still figuring out what is different, multi view will be useful as long as it doesnt drain the battery.
Old 24-12-2012, 08:34   #476
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I am still figuring out what is different, multi view will be useful as long as it doesnt drain the battery.
It uses more battery of course but i dont think it drains it, didnt with me anyway. You can cuztomise the notification bar which is great, im now only down to 4 options
Old 24-12-2012, 08:42   #477
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have been trying to figure how to do that?

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Oh I found it.
Old 24-12-2012, 17:13   #478
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Its just stramge that random apps appear in the list even if i havnt opened them
As I said that's perfectly normal. Android deliberately caches all applications it can in the background so that if/when you run them they start faster.
Old 24-12-2012, 21:33   #479
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
As I said that's perfectly normal. Android deliberately caches all applications it can in the background so that if/when you run them they start faster.
Oh ok. Thanks for advising
Old 13-01-2013, 13:11   #480
nstokes
Inactive

Well my phone got smashed the other night so having to have it repaired. Using a Samsung Y young cheap phone for time being. I miss my S3 already