Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unemployment is rising

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unemployment is rising
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2012, 13:12   #136
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Unemployment is rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Half of the BSF was done under PFI, which just put off-loaded the debt to future generations - so not only did we, as a country, spend more than we could afford, we also indebted future generations.
I agree that PFI was a big mistake, nou doubt about that
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 13:16   #137
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Half of the BSF was done under PFI, which just put off-loaded the debt to future generations - so not only did we, as a country, spend more than we could afford, we also indebted future generations.
Yeah, but if we had a world government and radical reform...... blah, blah, blah...
Old 19-04-2012, 13:16   #138
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
There are more types of Capitalism than "Free Market" and more types of Democracy than "Neo Liberal"

What I am calling for is a better form of Capitalism and a better form of Democracy
If I remember rightly, your "better form" of Democracy was Autocracy*.....

*a system of government by one person with absolute power
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-04-2012, 13:17   #139
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
If I remember rightly, your "better form" of Democracy was Autocracy*.....

*a system of government by one person with absolute power
No, a form of democracy that cares more for the working people and less for the wealthy and major businesses
Old 19-04-2012, 13:22   #140
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
No, a form of democracy that cares more for the working people and less for the wealthy and major businesses
To me that statement shows how little you understand of democracy or any other kind of 'acy or 'ism
Democracy has nothing to do with how workers are treated ,it's how democracy is applied that makes the difference and that is down to individuals and how much people use democracy to reach a consensus of opinion to form a government/ruling body

Old 19-04-2012, 13:27   #141
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
To me that statement shows how little you understand of democracy or any other kind of 'acy or 'ism
Democracy has nothing to do with how workers are treated ,it's how democracy is applied that makes the difference and that is down to individuals and how much people use democracy to reach a consensus of opinion to form a government/ruling body
What you do not understand is that the Neo-Liberal kind allows major businesses and the wealthy to dominate the affairs of government, I am calling for a reform to Democracy
Old 19-04-2012, 13:29   #142
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But unfortunately, Alan, imho your definition of democracy is where you get what you want, and sod anyone else's point of view.
Old 19-04-2012, 13:29   #143
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
And being government contracts, we (the tax payer) were probably overcharged on a massive scale.
Old 19-04-2012, 13:31   #144
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
this from someone who freely admits to being in the top 0.6% of the UK's wealth?
Old 19-04-2012, 13:38   #145
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I was going to say more or less the same thing....but very well put
Old 19-04-2012, 13:41   #146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
this from someone who freely admits to being in the top 0.6% of the UK's wealth?
Ahem.....

Claims to be....

Sometimes, his statements contradict this (and each other)...

Quote:
I do give money to the homeless and direct them to charities, but the money of the rich will make a much bigger diffrence tham me alone

Also under a "World government" I will make it clear that we are in power not for our sake, nut for the sake for Humans and Earth. There will still be a independent media (all under the BBC), if they find sometihng wrong, they can report it

I am not a extremist, i have not anything in relation to communism and facism, all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not
Quote:
I do not have much excess income and I do not deliberately avoid or take advantage tax avoiding schemes. Also the UK average wage is too low for anyone to live on, pay the mortgage etc and for goodness sake I am not part of the problem since I am not a member of the 1%.

I am not keen on giving money to charities because they are wasteful and they do not help develop nations, no nation has become a major power was developed with the help of charity.

Even If I donate all the money I have, it will not make much of a difference, if all the rich did though is that would make a difference.

What you do not get is that most of the world’s wealth is in the hands of the wealthy (which I am not a member of). So what we need is a world government and radical reforms to democracy and capitalism
Quote:
I pay all my taxes and I have made it clear why I do not give to charity, becuase it does not make a diffence, becuase so much money is wasted on corruption etc

This is nothing more that a attempt by the defenders of a failed system to move the agurement away from the real issues!

The trouble with you lot is that you are lying to yourselfs!

The only people on cloud cukoo land are defenders of a failed economic, social and poltical system

The only people with nonsensical postings are defenders of a failed system
Old 19-04-2012, 13:42   #147
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
But unfortunately, Alan, imho your definition of democracy is where you get what you want, and sod anyone else's point of view.
My definiton of democracy is were the working people get the decent jobs and the biggest say in the way things are run
Old 19-04-2012, 13:42   #148
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
And using violence, terrorism, rioting, and murder to impose it.
Old 19-04-2012, 13:43   #149
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
And being government contracts, we (the tax payer) were probably overcharged on a massive scale.
Which we have to pay the price for

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
We it is better than lying, and it am not even a millionaire, so I cannot influence government policy can I?
Old 19-04-2012, 13:44   #150
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
My definiton of democracy is were the working people get the decent jobs and the biggest say in the way things are run
That is not democracy Alan ,i'm not sure what it is but it's definately not democracy

Closed Thread