Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Actiontec - Password help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Actiontec - Password help

Old 14-08-2008, 20:50   #1
Inactive

142480 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actiontec - Password help

I have an Actiontec router working very well thankyou. But when I set up the security on it a while ago, I forgot to retain my password. Does anyone know how I can find out what it is without having to reset from scratch???

Please help with non-technical info!

Thanks.
142480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2008, 22:26   #2
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles
Re: Actiontec - Password help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142480 View Post
I have an Actiontec router working very well thankyou. But when I set up the security on it a while ago, I forgot to retain my password. Does anyone know how I can find out what it is without having to reset from scratch???

Thanks.
Try this link.
https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhom...px?case=c27375
Old 15-08-2008, 09:05   #3
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

If you mean the 'administrator' password then I'm afraid a reset is your only way forward. The purpose of the password is to lock everything out so there's no easy way around it.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:19   #4
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142480 View Post

Thanks.
If you just seth the WEP/WPA password, then you can follow the instructions whydoineedatech gave.

If you also reset the administrator password, then you'll need to do a factory reset (which will return all options to their defaults).

It's worth noting that if anyone publishes details of how to retrieve your password, then it would be against forum rules, and would also allow any random hacker who happens to be passing your way (and it *does* happen) access to your network.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote