Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 23-01-2011, 16:43   #121
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Wicked!!! Well done. A win for the consumer.
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2011, 16:54   #122
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Underdog 1, Corporate Stupidity nil.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 17:06   #123
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
Patience is a virtue. After almost a year of chasing and waiting I have recieved full payment of the claim I made for the damage and costs involved when my garden was illegaly dug up. The party responsible ended up paying around three times the claim I made. This is because it was passed from the main contractor [BT] to their sub- contractor [Carillion]. They used their solicitors to deal with my claim accepting the liability from BT. The contractors who were working for Carillion and caused the damage [Cobra] agreed to settle my claim in full and I assume the costs of the other parties involved, these costs far outweighed the original claim I had made. The payment was only made a week or so before the court hearing.
Many thanks to all who put their piece into my problem, it does make a difference to know that you have the support of and receive advice from like minded people.
Excellent news

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 18:12   #124
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Excellent News, Pleased For You
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 20:13   #125
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Fantastic news mate. Well done
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 23:37   #126
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent news
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 03:56   #127
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

WOW never sen this thread before, just read it all from start to finish, well done that man for never giving up and getting what u deserve.
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 11:37   #128
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
My heart bleeds for them NOT
Indeed. Well done.

The way you have been treated especially by BT passing the buck was disgusting. Total pigs. Talking of which, how are the neighbours....?

When I was rereading this thread recently, I think I may have sussed what happened in regards to "those next door".

When the installers came, I think your neighbour (the builder who knows the law and everything else...) pretended to be you and gave the permission for the trench across your garden. I cannot believe even the most stupid company would have done that to you without believing it had permission to do so.

Treat yourself to a nice holiday with the dosh. Oh, perhaps not. You might come back to find the back garden dug up!
Old 31-01-2011, 15:34   #129
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

All's fine with neighbour. Dont think he gave them the nod although the contractor did at the beginning suggest someone else did backed up by a nuetral party who overheard something to that effect. The contractors problem was they did'nt have anything signed by the property owner, me. They also could not prove getting verbal permission from anyone. That wouldnt have counted anyway.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 23:47   #130
Aja
Inactive

Aja is an unknown quantity at this point

Voted best thread 2010 - 2011
Aja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 14:58   #131
skyline
Inactive

skyline is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting thread. Someone working for BT have just begun digging up my dad's front lawn and drive with a digger so they can lay a new phone cable. No one gave them any permission.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 16:42   #132
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
Interesting thread. Someone working for BT have just begun digging up my dad's front lawn and drive with a digger so they can lay a new phone cable. No one gave them any permission.
Well he can sue them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 18:54   #133
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

@skyline, Is the New phone cable for your dad? If not as Peter sed sue them.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 11:34   #134
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

Hi Skyline, find out who has done what, why they have done it and who said they could do it. Now your armed. Dont go chopping things up it will confuse the issue. Above all have patience, if they are in the wrong they will blame anyone they have used as contractors etc, they will repeatedly fob you off with anything they can and in general hope you get sick of the whole thing and go away. If you have been wronged only go after the main contractor, if you go after sub contractors you wont have as strong a case especially if those contractors should move on. I could go on forever about these people but we shall leave it there for now and if I can help you following my experience with them I would only be to pleased to do that. Lets know how you get on.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 13:05   #135
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

You could try contacting the police about a possible criminal damage charge to add some weight to it
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote