Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 21-10-2012, 21:08   #466
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Well - I guess we'll see what Fox says tomorrow / in a few days depending on how quick they are.
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2012, 19:22   #467
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I had to contact Fox about a digital copy code last year. May have been for The A-Team. The code was still in date, but for some reason it didn't work. Fox actually got back to me quite quickly and sorted it all out.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:55   #468
LSainsbury

No response today but I'm not back home until tomorrow so no problem - I expect it'll take them a few days to respond.
Old 26-10-2012, 20:37   #469
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Picking up Avatar 3D from the post office tomorrow,can't wait!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:01   #470
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Really really wanna see Mars et Avril.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 20:17   #471
LSainsbury

*bump*

Well I have a had a few emails between myself and Fox and they claim an SD digital download with Blu-Ray is normal and they have never supplied a HD digital download for the film. That sucks. I've got a HD disc and I can't get a HD digital download.
Old 02-11-2012, 20:27   #472
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
*bump*

Well I have a had a few emails between myself and Fox and they claim an SD digital download with Blu-Ray is normal and they have never supplied a HD digital download for the film. That sucks. I've got a HD disc and I can't get a HD digital download.
They claim they've never supplied an HD digital copy for *any* BD version of Prometheus?

My iTunes library says otherwise...

[This was from the standard BD, not the 3D BD]

There are also other people with it (there's a whole thread at MacRumors.com with people listing BD digital copies that now redeem in HD, myself *and* others had the HD version of Prometheus). EDIT: Reading that thread again, it seems others are like you and have SD only, with Fox telling them there is no HD version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prometheus HD Digital Copy.jpg (126.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-11-2012, 20:37   #473
LSainsbury

OK - perhaps that's the difference - I have the 3D version. Tomorrow I'm going to take it back to Tesco claiming it's faulty - not strictly a lie as it does go blocky, and swap it for the non 3D version. New code will give me a new download.
Old 03-11-2012, 16:18   #474
LSainsbury

Right then. Here we are. I have the Prometheus Blu-Ray + Digital Copy package in my hands....well I did 15 seconds ago before I started typing this!

Code from the spine: WW-B0GB 5250307001 - same as yours Matt D?

Questions will be answered...

Lets see what I get for a digital download - SD or HD...

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Oh for crying out loud....they've left the bloody case security lock thing attached - looks like I'll be going back to Tescos with it - bloody Muppets.

But I have eeek'ed out the digital copy serial number leaflet....here we go!
Old 03-11-2012, 16:23   #475
LSainsbury

...and it's downloading this:

4.78GB to me is the HD copy - yay! Fox are not telling the truth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (32.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-11-2012, 17:39   #476
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

A ha!

I find it extremely strange though that...

- Fox is denying that anyone has an HD version.

- The 2D BD has a code that gives the HD version and the 3D BD does not.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31   #477
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
They claim they've never supplied an HD digital copy for *any* BD version of Prometheus?
Their exact response was:

Quote:
Hello Lee,
Thank you for your response. Customers may be referring to the iTunes Store purchase of the title. However, the Fox Digital Copy is not available in HD.
Thank you,
Fox Digital Copy Support

I replied back with:

Quote:
Hi,

Please read this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...1425601&page=6

Read post #127 "Entered the code and... it downloaded the SD version *and* the 1080p HD version, along with the extras."

Post #132 "I used the code with the blu ray and got the hd copy, the sd copy and 3gb of extras."

Why would I want the SD version if I purchased the HD Blu-Ray - that makes no sense.

People are saying they have HD DD - multiple people - not just a one off.

Thanks

Lee
and they replied with:

Quote:
Hello Lee,

We do apologize for any confusion but a High Definition Digital Copy transfer is a feature we hope to support in the future. Unfortunately, we are not sure what or how people are obtaining the information posted on this forum but it does not appear accurate.

Thank you,
Fox Digital Copy Support
Later I'll mail them and tell them I swapped the Blu-Ray 3 Disc for the Blu-Ray 2 Disc and tell them I now have a HD digital download.

Wonder what their response will be to that!?

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Quote:
A ha!

I find it extremely strange though that...

- Fox is denying that anyone has an HD version.

- The 2D BD has a code that gives the HD version and the 3D BD does not.
Full transcript of mails above. Yeah - it's very odd - even they don't know they are "giving away" the HD versions.
Old 04-11-2012, 13:29   #478
LSainsbury

Edit - sorry - when I said the Blu-Ray 2 Disc - I mean the single disc version with the spine code as detailed above...
Old 04-11-2012, 15:21   #479
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

They do appear to be talking absolutely rubbish... Deliberate, or ignorance?

The Fox Digital Copy *is* clearly available in HD via iTunes, as shown by the two of us for starters.
Old 04-11-2012, 16:17   #480
LSainsbury

Quote:
They do appear to be talking absolutely rubbish... Deliberate, or ignorance?

The Fox Digital Copy *is* clearly available in HD via iTunes, as shown by the two of us for starters.

Yep - indeed it is sir! I'm going to mail them back and see what they say - not that it really matters...guess I'm just being finicky!