Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 29-11-2010, 21:48   #1786
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Snow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
All I can say yet again is.Snow? What's that?
Be greatful Maggie you do not want the load of snow we have had dumped on your doorstep

I cleared 13inch of snow off my conservatory roof this morning

A bit of advice for those who have had heavy snow and have conservatories ,make sure that your polycarb roof on your conservatory (especially the leanto type like mine) hasn't got too much snow on it especially if your house roof hasn't got any snow boards as the snow can go straight through if the snow slides of the roof .Mine was approaching the snow load limit for the type of roof 0.6kn/m2 which most peoples will be unless they have a glass roof
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2010, 21:52   #1787
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Again.... nothing
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 02:13   #1788
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Just woke up for some strange reason, looked outside and i saw some snow on the ground!.

I can rest now, night all .

Now its coming down heavy!.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 06:35   #1789
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

We've had about 1 inch of snow overnight here in Warrington

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 08:35   #1790
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

So it's creeping closer.Snow in Liss,some snow in Portsmouth and up on high ground(that will be Portsdown Hill) and apparently some points west.

Yet again Portsdown Hill protects us.This town is not called Lee-on-Solent for nothing.

---------- Post added at 07:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 ----------

Hmm! Now it's lighter I notice that we did have a very fine layer of snow that's almost gone.Not even a millimetre really.At least it's a little warmer.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

Trying to snow.Laying in patches.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:38   #1791
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Joy - travelling to London on the 9:40 train, so I booked a taxi for 8:30 (the journey to the station usually takes 20 minutes, but best to be safe than sorry, eh?) - taxi firm just rung up and told me the taxi would be 30 minutes late, due to traffic delayed by snow; is it me, or might they have planned for this?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 08:40   #1792
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

This country planning for snow?

You have lived in the UK more than a year haven't you? The slightest hint of White stuff brings everything to a juddering halt every year without fail.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 08:59   #1793
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Gadget likes it. Perhaps it keeps all the pond life at home?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 09:43   #1794
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Snow here now - couple of inches (well depth isn't everything you know!!! ) in the SE London/N. Kent area.

I've been listening to LBC all morning and hearing quite a few drivers whingeing about how slowly the traffic is moving in the snow/ice. What does it take to make these people ever feel the need to slow down I wonder??...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 09:59   #1795
Andrew Thomson
Permanently Banned

Andrew Thomson is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is -10 C and 2 feet of snow.. Tonight is forecast to be -23C...Cheers from Warsaw.
Andrew Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 11:21   #1796
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

-23 C

Wow ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 11:23   #1797
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Andrew you can keep those temps with you there in Poland!!!! wayyy too cold for me.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

oh and had a slight dusting here during the night... it does make the area look nicer with a dusting of white
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 13:13   #1798
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

We got it on Saturday and it been on and off since them.
Currently snowing now.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 13:36   #1799
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
Gadget likes it. Perhaps it keeps all the pond life at home?
It does which is nice. It also makes driving anywhere remotely fast VERY interesting!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 16:25   #1800
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Just got back from a walk up the local high street. The traffic is ground to a halt and nobody is going anywhere for the foreseeable future so far as I can see. The usual shenanigans such as wheel spinning, u turns, abandoning cars etc. isn't helping matters either.

The wife and our eldest decided to walk the 3 miles to our youngest's special school to collect him and are on their way back now. The school buses ran this morning but there's no sign of any this afternoon so God only knows how those who don't have the option of walking will be getting their kids home this evening.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote