Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 24-11-2016, 17:15   #3151
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

A quick update, I have been informed that encryption has been restored to Motors TV and Box Plus channels and that the encrypted video stream present for Amazon Video has been removed. A set back for those expecting a speedy arrival of Amazon Video.
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2016, 17:50   #3152
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
A quick update, I have been informed that encryption has been restored to Motors TV and Box Plus channels and that the encrypted video stream present for Amazon Video has been removed. A set back for those expecting a speedy arrival of Amazon Video.
Maybe there's a good reason for the Amazon delay? Heard Amazon Instant video will be launching on YouView by February. Maybe Amazon want to launch on various new platforms around the same time? I'm clutching at straws a little.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 18:04   #3153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Maybe there's a good reason for the Amazon delay? Heard Amazon Instant video will be launching on YouView by February. Maybe Amazon want to launch on various new platforms around the same time? I'm clutching at straws a little.
Perhaps you need to look into your crystal ball a bit more.
Old 24-11-2016, 19:02   #3154
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Can we be absolutely sure that this means that Amazon is not coming next month? Maybe it's all done and dusted and they will simply add it on the due date.

I would be surprised if this didn't arrive, at least on the V6, by next month, as Virgin will want to emphasise the amount of UHD content they can offer right from the start.

I believe that what we can look forward to is UHD content from Netflix, Amazon, Virgin Movies, You Tube and Virgin Media exclusives on demand. Additionally, some sports events courtesy of Eurosport and ( a little later) Motors TV.

I am not sure whether there are other apps sporting UHD which VM can tap into.

As for Sky and BT premium channels, I think it is likely that we will have to wait a bit for them.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 24-11-2016 at 19:13.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 21:51   #3155
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Can we be absolutely sure that this means that Amazon is not coming next month? Maybe it's all done and dusted and they will simply add it on the due date.
It looked as if it was ready to be added on the due date when the streams were present. I'm not really sure what the removal suggests, perhaps they were added to all networks in error and should have only been present on the test networks.. I can only say what has happened, if you want to know why it happened, it's time to refer to the crystal ball, I doubt that VM will be making any comments.

I forgot to mention earlier that the 4SevenHD streams were still present and have now been encrypted, so that one still looks ready to launch.
Old 24-11-2016, 22:50   #3156
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

If Amazon does come to VM, it could mean more competition for Sky Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Amazon is exploring adding live sports to its Prime offerings

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/1...rt-nfl-nba-mlb
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 23:53   #3157
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It looked as if it was ready to be added on the due date when the streams were present. I'm not really sure what the removal suggests, perhaps they were added to all networks in error and should have only been present on the test networks.. I can only say what has happened, if you want to know why it happened, it's time to refer to the crystal ball, I doubt that VM will be making any comments.
All I am saying is that the fact that VM have removed Amazon, does not necessarily mean that it won't appear. I think we place too much importance to the significance of these tests.
Old 25-11-2016, 00:22   #3158
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
All I am saying is that the fact that VM have removed Amazon, does not necessarily mean that it won't appear. I think we place too much importance to the significance of these tests.
There are test networks available for tests, rolling something out onto customer facing networks then rolling it back is unexpected. As the whole thing was encrypted and not visible on the EPG, why remove it if a launch is imminent? It hasn't been removed from the SDT and is still present in the Network Information Table on a limited number of "test" networks.

I'm inclined to agree that "test" services added to VM's internal networks aren't that important or significant, there is no guarantee that these will eventually appear on the EPG. I sometimes wonder if someone at VM adds this stuff as a joke and then sits back waiting for it to be reported in this thread.

Last edited by jj20x; 25-11-2016 at 00:26.
Old 25-11-2016, 06:45   #3159
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Another change to the EPG last night as my box woke up on a different channel, but cant see what it was.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 07:31   #3160
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree that "test" services added to VM's internal networks aren't that important or significant, there is no guarantee that these will eventually appear on the EPG. I sometimes wonder if someone at VM adds this stuff as a joke and then sits back waiting for it to be reported in this thread.
That thought had crossed my mind!
Old 25-11-2016, 11:54   #3161
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I doubt that they would be so unprofessional as to do this, but there again they did once change Sky News to Sky Snooze, Sky Sports News to Sky Sports Snooze and Sky One to Sky Gone!
Old 25-11-2016, 13:19   #3162
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I doubt that they would be so unprofessional as to do this, but there again they did once change Sky News to Sky Snooze, Sky Sports News to Sky Sports Snooze and Sky One to Sky Gone!
that was very cringeworthy
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 13:23   #3163
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If Amazon does come to VM, it could mean more competition for Sky Sports
If the streaming services get sport why would many need the likes of Sky and VM when their products are available across many devices.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 13:33   #3164
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Sources has confrim that as of today AMAZON VIDEO is no longer testing on Virgin Media UK. Our Sources also told us a lot of things has happened on the network over past few days, weeks. We will keep you updated.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 13:43   #3165
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If the streaming services get sport why would many need the likes of Sky and VM when their products are available across many devices.
Exactly. Maybe this news has made VM think again

The CEO did say words to the affect that VM wanted to provide access to content as opposed to VM providing it themselves.

Re: Sky Sports, I know that at one time VM made nothing from the Sky premium channels and that they were only there for customer convenience & to improve channel parity with Sky.

I think that this must have changed with Sky Movies at least as VM now actively promote them and are even cold calling customers.