Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media News

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media News

Old 05-02-2007, 15:25   #61
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack
Re: Virgin Media News

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
The new channel coming to NTL Telewest will be one of the following:

Odds Channel Name
500/1 Sky Three
1/9 UKTV Drama +1
6/1 Nick JR. 2
10/1 Discovery Real Time Extra
5/1 TCM 2 / Cartoon Network Too
25/1 Pop

Give me an name of an channel and I will post the odds on NTL Telewest getting that channel. Go on just for fun
ill go sky movies 10 or tcm2/cartoon network too or the wrestleing channel or whatever its called now.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2007, 15:28   #62
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Movies 10 is NOT an new channel on Cable.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

My odds for the wrestling channel is 20/1
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 15:29   #63
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
ill go sky movies 10 or tcm2/cartoon network too or the wrestleing channel or whatever its called now.
Where's the wrestling channel?
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 15:30   #64
m.massey
Inactive

Services: (Ex birm cable & telewest,size XL , got bt.internet broadband.
m.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to m.massey

:d I Have Tnt 2 And Cartoon Networktoo Toy Boy
m.massey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 15:32   #65
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGashX View Post
Where's the wrestling channel?
It the very poor free to air channel on $KY used to show TNA before Bravo2 picked it up.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massey View Post
:d I Have Tnt 2 And Cartoon Networktoo Toy Boy
My odds for TCM2 & CN2 is on page 4.
Old 05-02-2007, 21:14   #66
Mister Jack
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L ,BT Total Broadband 1MB And Phone
Mister Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mister Jack

thanks nikesh 4 the explaination
Mister Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 21:23   #67
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Jack View Post
thanks nikesh 4 the explaination
Hey?
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 21:36   #68
Mister Jack
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L ,BT Total Broadband 1MB And Phone
Mister Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mister Jack

on wat epg stood 4
Mister Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 21:41   #69
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
on wat epg stood 4
Oh loll
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 22:32   #70
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

what odds will you give me on espn classic sport?
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 22:44   #71
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
on wat epg stood 4
I see you nabbed my avatar already :p.
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 00:10   #72
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
what odds will you give me on espn classic sport?
That an good one - 8/1
Old 06-02-2007, 00:28   #73
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
That an good one - 8/1
Cheers, i'll have 50p each way then
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:09   #74
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Opinion from The Guardian

Virgin Media needs more than hot air to succeed

Like many people in the UK, I feel as though I know Sir Richard Branson, even though I don't. He's a sometimes controversial entrepreneur, whose woolly jumpers and hot air balloons connected him to a public more used to seeing suits and corporate jets.

Despite the many glitches with his wide and varied corporate involvements, from signing the Sex Pistols, to owning an airline, to launching a cola brand, to running a train service, the entrepreneur and the Virgin brand have retained a peculiar affection in the hearts and minds of the British public. So much so that a year ago, with the merger of Virgin Mobile with cable companies Telewest and NTL, it was decided that the new enterprise should be called Virgin Media.

At the time, Sir Richard, who is the largest individual investor in the merged company, said that once the Virgin brand arrived the legion of problems around customer service "would be a thing of the past". Well, the brand arrived last week, amid a substantial direct marketing campaign, but for many of us the service remains in the realms of the truly dreadful.

It is not (yet) Sir Richard's fault that I'm paying for a 10 mbps broadband connection which hasn't worked for a month. Nor is it his fault that I was lectured at by a rude operative who blustered that the slowness was to do with "peak traffic on the internet" and what did I want him to do about it? To which the response was "give me a refund for misselling me a service which you don't appear to be able to deliver".

This is not an untypical experience for Telewest subscribers. Exactly the same problem was encountered by customers in Swansea where their use was deliberately capped after 20 minutes, because, as an article in the Guardian's technology section pointed out, the impression that there is "unlimited broadband" is not always correct. I would be more impressed by Telewest if I thought I was trapped in some capacity-capping trial, but my suspicion is that it's more a case of technical incompetence. However, when I make my routine call tonight, or tomorrow, it will not be the surly, nasty Telewest I'm dealing with but the shiny, vibrant Virgin. Same old impotent rage, brand new focus.

The competitive heat to be the leading broadband provider is quite extraordinary. Last week Sky produced figures which showed a high number of sign-ups, and a very high churn. These are facets, explained chief executive James Murdoch, of the emerging market for broadband and media services into the home. Sky wants to get rid of its bargain-hunting subscribers (though it's a brave company that adopts a customer-shedding strategy) and sign up people who want more than just the cheapest TV package.

Murdoch says he is sanguine about Virgin, because he believes that Sky offers "better quality at a better price". BT makes a positive marketing virtue out of the woes of customers who have been lured by cheaper deals to less reliable companies. It is at the moment a market full of frustrated customers who are often confused or poorly served.

Sky triumphed over cable in the 90s because it did not have the infrastructure issues that cable had, and its user technology and service were miles ahead. Murdoch will be aware that this battle is about to be replayed and to some extent the market is there for the taking. The unavailability of Sky Broadband will have hindered the company in the final quarter last year - when many people wanted that super-fast service for their Christmas presents, it wasn't there. In the troubled 90s, at one of the many cable and satellite conferences, someone piped up that "the cable industry needs a Richard Branson". Well, now it has one, but the world of reliable network capacity and high-quality user experience needs more than hot air in order to be realised.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:42   #75
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Well I'd have more respect for the correspondent if they got their facts right, as Swansea is a legacy ntl area not a Telewest area.

When reporter make obvious errors like this it makes you wonder just how much research they have actually put into the piece and how much is totally made up.