Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you fixed lately?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you fixed lately?

Old 21-02-2014, 22:16   #121
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Just fixed one of Mrs Osem's watch straps. I'm on a roll...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2014, 10:00   #122
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Just fixed one of Mrs Osem's watch straps. I'm on a roll...
There's something quite satisfying about being able to fix something that you know would cost you £s in the shops.

At the mo I'm doing loads of painting/repairing/gardening (when the weather is dry) as we are hoping to sell our house and downsize.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 10:15   #123
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
There's something quite satisfying about being able to fix something that you know would cost you £s in the shops.
At the mo I'm doing loads of painting/repairing/gardening (when the weather is dry) as we are hoping to sell our house and downsize.
Too true - it's like a drug lol.

Best of luck with the DIY and house sale, we're not planning to move but there's loads to do here that I've been putting off for far too long...
Old 22-02-2014, 15:57   #124
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

Just decorated my daughter's bedroom, and fixed her coax on the TV aerial which had worked loose.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 12:34   #125
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I often find that some jobs I do lead on to others like here >

1 st picture now you see it 2nd picture now you.............see it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.JPG (168.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg After.JPG (168.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 23-02-2014, 13:17   #126
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

A mates indicators weren''t working on his bike. so he rode it all the way to me 12 miles away because he's thick.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 13:43   #127
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I often find that some jobs I do lead on to others like here >
I did the same thing yesterday, Kiwi vines had got out of control. Managed to shred it all for composting before the sun set. 4 binbags full!

Picked more Kiwi fruit off that part of the vine... 3.2kg in all. I sense a jam session coming up....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 21:13   #128
Osem
Inactive

Kiwi chutney maybe?? Could be very nice...
Old 06-03-2014, 11:33   #129
Osem
Inactive

Good fix mate!

I fixed a problem with my phone intermittently rebooting. Since it only happened when I'd been out and about, I thought a loose battery might be the root of the problem so carefully positioned some thin card to prevent it from moving around. A few days later with no reboots, this seems to have done the trick.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:27   #130
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Talking Re: What have you fixed lately?

I fixed the video output on my ZX Spectrum at the weekend.

The picture was pretty bad (even for a Spectrum) when I last used it a few months ago, but this time it was unusable.
So did a quick conversion from RF to use composite, can now see everything better than ever.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 20:34   #131
Tinky
To err is human

Hung/hanged a roll of wallpaper (been in the garage a couple of years) looks good with the new paint in conservatory. Cleaned the rone pipe at the back of the house, painted the wall at the front of the house. Tomorrow (hopefully) cut the grass front and back. Several more steps towards selling (I hope).
Old 08-03-2014, 20:37   #132
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Hung/hanged a roll of wallpaper (been in the garage a couple of years) looks good with the new paint in conservatory. Cleaned the rone pipe at the back of the house, painted the wall at the front of the house. Tomorrow (hopefully) cut the grass front and back. Several more steps towards selling (I hope).
Well done Tinks!

I've been keeping my old wallpaper for the day when it'd be back in fashion, just like some of my clothes...
Old 09-03-2014, 14:41   #133
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Just cleaned out the cooling fans and vents in my ageing Macbook Pro.

There's still some life left in it despite the abuse it's endured over the past 5 and a half years. Either way, no way I'll be replacing it with something that's held together with glue like the new one.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 14:51   #134
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I fixed the dishwasher today well got it all working again.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 16:57   #135
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

My mudguard strut to my bike frame with a zip tie. Whoever invented them deserves a medal.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote