Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Old 26-03-2012, 16:13   #76
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Old 26-03-2012, 16:20   #77
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

This is also the latest over on the VM community forums from Krystal_E. I must say, Virgin's responses are pretty good IMO. If they are able to keep up this informative level of communication they will have some happy customers:

"Following my previous post (just copied below the line here to help), the handset testing team have agreed to proactively send us a spreadsheet with all updates in progress - when they send this etc is yet to be confirmed but I just wanted to let you all know there is some progress.

On the back of whether there are branded sg11 etc and where testing is when I know more I'll let you all know".
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 16:36   #78
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them

Hmm, very strange, maybe Samsung UK are not happy with the bugs. Kies podcast app keeps force closing and Facebook app causes high CPU utilisation, maybe they're going to fix those bugs?
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 16:42   #79
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Seems very odd that it would be release for Europe but then not for the UK.

Possibly regretting putting the Europe version on my phone now - may have to update again when it finally gets released
Old 26-03-2012, 17:27   #80
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Could be April now according to this http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...pril-50007451/
Old 26-03-2012, 17:28   #81
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Seems very odd that it would be release for Europe but then not for the UK.

Possibly regretting putting the Europe version on my phone now - may have to update again when it finally gets released
Yes that is very odd. And for releasing it to Three as well. Perhaps there have been problems reported with the versions they have released so they are holding off? Who knows! But then, that seems to be the problem at this stage, lack of any concrete information from Samsung.
Old 26-03-2012, 17:52   #82
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Could be April now according to this http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...pril-50007451/
Lets hope it arrives sooner rather then later.
Old 26-03-2012, 20:38   #83
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

well sounds like they are trying to sort some bugs,Would love it now but happy to wait a tad longer whilst they sort them out.
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 21:47   #84
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Put LP2 on mine, no issues with anything. Good battery, rooted, fast & smooth.
Also Go have fixed the double SMS issue, don't know if its been released to the public yet but I have the apk of anyone wants it although I'm on me phone at the mo it'll have to be tomorrow. So if wanted PM me your email & I'll pass it in tomorrow.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 12:11   #85
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Not 100% but hearing update now available on o2
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 12:36   #86
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
That is very possible as it has shown at the SamMobile firmware page:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona
Old 30-03-2012, 21:16   #87
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
LP3 is O2's release. Txt bug fixed, better scrolling, faster & somewhat more refined than LP2 (just feels better all round)
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 18:12   #88
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Looks like ICS firmware is finally here for my SGS2 from Vodafone, just in the process of updating using KIES.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 21:47   #89
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Thanks for info-I've been relying on the you mobile link posted earlier in this thread, but vodafone not confirmed on there yet so I'm going to hook up to kies in a minute to see if there's anything for me yet.

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Still nothing...
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 23:42   #90
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Are you using the latest version of Kies? This is the latest one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ver.jpg (18.3 KB, 18 views)

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote