Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 28-06-2009, 14:55   #796
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
re: The iPhone thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
"Find my iPhone" in action...

http://happywaffle.livejournal.com/5890.html
Thats a cool story - i wuv my new iPhone even more now
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2009, 15:15   #797
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Can I ask what tariff you're on Matt?

I think I remember seeing you can buy an iPhone bolt on for £10/month. Can you just add that to a £10/month simplicity deal?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 00:25   #798
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Re. the "Find my iPhone"... Pity though that you have to subscribe to MobileMe.

I get free OTA sync'ing of my Contacts & Calendar with Google Sync, & free email with Google Mail (IMAP at the moment for the iPhone but hopefully they'll do Push soon), and I have no need of the online storage or gallery stuff, not for £59 per year. "Find My iPhone" could obviously be useful, but it's not something I'd pay that much for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Can I ask what tariff you're on Matt?

I think I remember seeing you can buy an iPhone bolt on for £10/month. Can you just add that to a £10/month simplicity deal?
I'm on the O2 45 Pay Monthly iPhone tariff, although once it's been 9 months I'll be downgrading to O2 35. I only went for the O2 45 'cos it knocked another £100 off the cost of the phone.

I don't think they do iPhone bolt-ons. For an actual iPhone tariff, you need one of the iPhone Pay Monthly tariffs or the iPhone Pay & Go. The Pay Monthly tariffs come with Unlimited Web & WiFi. Pay & Go comes with 12 months free Unlimited Web & WiFi (after 12 months it costs £10/month if you want to keep the bolt-on). I think it's only Pay Monthly that comes with Visual Voicemail.

The texts & minutes on the iPhone tariffs are of course not very generous when compared to a normal tariff, or to something like Simplicity...

For Simplicity, what looks like a good deal is to go for the £20/month option, as that comes with a free inclusive bolt-on... so for the iPhone an obvious bolt-on to choose would be Unlimited Web.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 07:10   #799
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
HHHmmm that is just the kind of thing Rammy would do
Wheres that Dilli voodoo doll I made?........I need to stick a few more pins into it
Old 29-06-2009, 09:29   #800
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Wheres that Dilli voodoo doll I made?........I need to stick a few more pins into it
So it's all YOUR fault - well that explains a lot for sure
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 10:59   #801
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I love Apples customer service.

My 3G had a small crack in the back of it. Took it into their store and within 5 minutes walked out with a shiny new one (sadly not a 3GS) without any hassle whatsoever. All activated and all I needed to do is re-sync my contacts on it.

And I also get an extension on the warranty.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 11:48   #802
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Its about time my gen1 iphone fell down the toilet or something so I can get a 3G/3Gs!..but thats just wishful thinking!

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I cant believe that after all the knocks/scrapes its had that its still in decent condition, i wish they made the new ones out of aluminium still!
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 11:50   #803
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I cant believe that after all the knocks/scrapes its had that its still in decent condition, i wish they made the new ones out of aluminium still!
Yep they certainly make them to last. I've had some phones in the past that have given up the ghost after a fraction of the abuse my iPhone has endured over the last year.
Old 29-06-2009, 16:41   #804
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
And I also get an extension on the warranty.
Who told you that?
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 16:42   #805
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiLZ View Post
Who told you that?
The guy in the store. And on the paperwork for the replacement phone.
Old 29-06-2009, 16:47   #806
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
The guy in the store. And on the paperwork for the replacement phone.
I got told the warranty carries on and finishes when the original one would.

Had my White 16GB 3G replaced last month, battery issues and small crack in the case. Changed for a nice clean new 3G within 10mins. Great service.
Old 29-06-2009, 19:30   #807
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

My daughter has just upgraded to the 3Gs.
Her OH has now has her old phone and (I think) he has moved his current contract over.
In three months ish, he is going to get the 3Gs as well.
Mum (me) hopefully has 1st dibs on the old phone.
My question is, as a PAYG customer on Tesco value at the moment will I be able to use the phone? I don't mind changing to O2 as a PAYG customer, but don't want to have to be tied into a 'contracted' PAYG if there is such a thing.
:-)
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 19:52   #808
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiraf100 View Post
My daughter has just upgraded to the 3Gs.
Her OH has now has her old phone and (I think) he has moved his current contract over.
In three months ish, he is going to get the 3Gs as well.
Mum (me) hopefully has 1st dibs on the old phone.
My question is, as a PAYG customer on Tesco value at the moment will I be able to use the phone? I don't mind changing to O2 as a PAYG customer, but don't want to have to be tied into a 'contracted' PAYG if there is such a thing.
:-)
Yes you could put in a payg sim in the phone as long as it is an O2 one.
Old 29-06-2009, 20:16   #809
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

Thank you.
I was looking on the 02 site and must have misread - can't find it now!
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 20:25   #810
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Does the iphone2g have stereo bluetooth with the 3.0 firmware? I'm guessing not.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote