Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-12-2016, 18:06   #2326
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I certainly did not agree to pay that, politely declined
Good as just bide your time if need be until the right deal comes along.
Old 12-12-2016, 18:18   #2327
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
You are allowed up to three v6 boxes i dont know where they get all this crap from
No one seems to have a clue how to process ans what should be what. I just hope they don't increase my package price now or I'll scream lol
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 18:24   #2328
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
No one seems to have a clue how to process ans what should be what. I just hope they don't increase my package price now or I'll scream lol
I was told there was a £7.50 a month charge for the V6
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 19:05   #2329
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I was quoted 49.99 and 14.99 for one v6 box yet again. This was after i made a complaint in an email and got a phone call back. Better than the 90 odd quid i was quoted before.

I was told it would be cheaper but im only on 152MB broadband and needed to be on vivid 200 for it to be cheaper. I explained i will be on vivid 200 when they bother to upgrade my area which is due this month. she hesitated and said "youll be on vivid 200 when yes". So i countered that surely i should get a discount as im on the top package.

She explained id need to upgrade my broadband firstly.

I gave up. Im not on the maximum broadband speed as they havent done my area yet. So this penalises me?

Im giving up till the new year!

Last edited by vincerooney; 12-12-2016 at 19:05. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 19:32   #2330
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I was quoted 49.99 and 14.99 for one v6 box yet again. This was after i made a complaint in an email and got a phone call back. Better than the 90 odd quid i was quoted before.

I was told it would be cheaper but im only on 152MB broadband and needed to be on vivid 200 for it to be cheaper. I explained i will be on vivid 200 when they bother to upgrade my area which is due this month. she hesitated and said "youll be on vivid 200 when yes". So i countered that surely i should get a discount as im on the top package.

She explained id need to upgrade my broadband firstly.

I gave up. Im not on the maximum broadband speed as they havent done my area yet. So this penalises me?

Im giving up till the new year!
All areas have 200, your discount on your account is preventing you getting 200
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 20:24   #2331
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently have Full House TV Package/Vivid 200 (Non-Gamer)/Sky Sports & Movies (Non-HD) - 500GB TIVO Box & V+ Box

Currently paying around - £127.88
Might need to consider a call customer services to try and work-out a better deal now that the new TIVO box has landed!

Especially considering what other people have been offered.
(although my package is broke down into different add-ons and not one specific package.)

also will the installation charge mean that the engineer will run a direct Ethernet feed from the hub as advised by VM as being the preferred option but if he decides that is too difficult then i guess he will link up using an alternative method. WIFI more than likely being the easier of the three.

Just wondering as currently my Hub is not located directly next to my current TIVO box?
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 20:28   #2332
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacmillaN View Post
I currently have Full House TV Package/Vivid 200 (Non-Gamer)/Sky Sports & Movies (Non-HD) - 500GB TIVO Box & V+ Box

Currently paying around - £127.88
Might need to consider a call customer services to try and work-out a better deal now that the new TIVO box has landed!

Especially considering what other people have been offered.
(although my package is broke down into different add-ons and not one specific package.)

also will the installation charge mean that the engineer will run a direct Ethernet feed from the hub as advised by VM as being the preferred option but if he decides that is too difficult then i guess he will link up using an alternative method. WIFI more than likely being the easier of the three.

Just wondering as currently my Hub is not located directly next to my current TIVO box?

Virgin dont run ethernet cables, wifi will be used
Old 12-12-2016, 20:36   #2333
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post

Thanks jb66
I just thought the engineer would do that considering Virgin actually advice to use a Direct feed before the other options.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 20:49   #2334
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I was told there was a £7.50 a month charge for the V6
you may have had the lady i spoke with she rold me i would have to keep my tivo box so i could have my V6 installed which is not true
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 21:02   #2335
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
All areas have 200, your discount on your account is preventing you getting 200
Some existing customers are still waiting for the free upgrade.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 21:03   #2336
gryphon
cf.member

gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point

If i get one of these new boxes is there anyway to access the shows stored on my current Tivo box.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 21:07   #2337
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
If i get one of these new boxes is there anyway to access the shows stored on my current Tivo box.
Yeah you can hook them up via ethernet or power line adapter
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 21:39   #2338
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Do you know if they will use the existing power leads for Superhub 3 (replacing S/h 1) and V6 replacing Tivo. I seem to remember when they swapped my V+s for Tivos, they used the V+ power leads.
The power sockets are a bit difficult to get to.

Thanks
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 22:06   #2339
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Some existing customers are still waiting for the free upgrade.
Never met one that cannot get it immediately unless they have old cpe or a legacy discount code

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Do you know if they will use the existing power leads for Superhub 3 (replacing S/h 1) and V6 replacing Tivo. I seem to remember when they swapped my V+s for Tivos, they used the V+ power leads.
The power sockets are a bit difficult to get to.

Thanks
The sh3 will need a completely new psu for your sh1, they will use the v+ Lead and add a PSU to the end of the cable for the v6
Old 12-12-2016, 23:28   #2340
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Don't forget many use the download feature to fill the commute to work
My commute is 70 miles down the M1 so I hope not

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
What Sky can show and what VM can show will be down the rights holders, not necessarily Sky and VM.
Actually it is in a way, Sky's pockets are 20x deeper...