Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sting in SIM tail

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sting in SIM tail

Old 01-06-2007, 00:28   #1
geoffn
Inactive

Services: Phone, broadband, no longer take TV
geoffn is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Sting in SIM tail

Beware the £10 SIM offer if you intend to travel abroad. Virgin mobile will not allow roaming until three monthly bills have been paid or a DEPOSIT OF £150 has been made with them. They insist on this even if you are a longstanding cable customer of Ntl (and presumably other pre Virgin providers). Do they appreciate their longstanding customers? It doesn't look like it.
geoffn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2007, 01:45   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Sting in SIM tail

Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media are separate companies though...

When BTcellnet still existed it was them doing your credit rating not BT, even though they were owned by the same people. Even if you had paid all your BT bills on time since the year dot you would still be credit checked by BTcellent- same applies in this case.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59   #3
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

Sorry Chris, but i was under the impression that Virgin Mobile was part of Virgin Media.

As i understood Virgin Media is Virgin.net, Virgin Mobile, NTL and telewest merged.
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 18:08   #4
geoffn
Inactive

Services: Phone, broadband, no longer take TV
geoffn is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Sting in SIM tail

Virgin Media advertise "3 for £30" on their web site and on literature sent to me as an existing Ntl user. "Now you can get all your services in one place" they say. That doesn't sound like separate organisations.
geoffn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 14:28   #5
roberts
Inactive

roberts is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin Media advertise "3 for £30" is just for 6 months.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 17:31   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Most mobile companies have similar restrictions. But interestiongly I transfered my number across from Orange last November, and my phone worked perfectly when I went to New Zealand (and the stop over in Hong Kong) for New Year.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote