Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sim with best to offer for £10

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sim with best to offer for £10

Old 25-05-2007, 12:05   #1
Quam256
Inactive

Services: XL,Phone and 60mb .
Quam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of light
Sim with best to offer no contract for £10

I need a sim so my son can get in touch when he needs to .Idealy as many mins and texts as possible and will carry over if not used.
Thanks in advance.
Quam256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2007, 12:09   #2
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sim with best to offer for £10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quam256 View Post
I need a sim so my son can get in touch when he needs to .Idealy as many mins and texts as possible and will carry over if not used.
Thanks in advance.
The Virgin Media/mobile one? 300 mins 300 texts for £10 a month???
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:57   #3
Quam256
Inactive

Quam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of lightQuam256 is a glorious beacon of light

I dont want to be on a contract.
It will not always be needed ,and want the option to top up when needed.
Old 25-05-2007, 13:08   #4
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Some mobile companies keep giving away SIMs. I haven't looked at the terms properly, but here's a t-moibile free SIM:

http://www.t-mobilesimgiveaway.co.uk...id=ON_QM_D_TMN
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:28   #5
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I'm on an Orange plan where if i put £10 a month on my phone i get 300 texts, 600 orange to orange mins after 7pm and 1mb wap, but it was special at the time one Christmas they might do it again though or you could ring and say you were recommended it and can you have it, blag blag lol.

They still do it without the minutes though, you get 300 texts and the 1mb of wap but no minutes, if you put more on you get more texts http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/payasyougo
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 23:57   #6
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Sim with best to offer no contract for £10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quam256 View Post
Thanks in advance.
I know the o2online ones you can get a load of texts or minutes depending on how much you top up each month.

Don't think the unused ones carry over however you still get the credit to use and that stays on the phone like pretty much any other prepay phone (i.e you have to make/receive one call every x number of days)

So even though the inclusive mins or texts (you can choose which you want) don't nessecerily carry over there would still be the credit that could be used up before the need to top up again.

Oh and o2 are giving away the simcards http://freesim.o2.co.uk/messages.php
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 08:28   #7
Ronin
Inactive

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

A Virgin Mobile payg sim may be the best option for you, you won`t get any free mins/text with it (unless they have an offer) but if you set up a direct debit you will only pay for what you use. I rarely use my sim but it`s nice to have the option to use it at any time without the need to buy vouchers, at the end of the month you recieve a bill from Virgin Mobile telling you how much they will be taking from your bank account.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 10:41   #8
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
A Virgin Mobile payg sim may be the best option for you, you won`t get any free mins/text with it (unless they have an offer) but if you set up a direct debit you will only pay for what you use. I rarely use my sim but it`s nice to have the option to use it at any time without the need to buy vouchers, at the end of the month you recieve a bill from Virgin Mobile telling you how much they will be taking from your bank account.
Can you set a spending limit though....

Since the OP is giving it to their son, wouldn't want a nasty shock when the bill came in
Old 27-05-2007, 12:07   #9
Ronin
Inactive

There is a credit limit but i think it`s quite high (mine is £200), i guess it comes down to how responsible the person you are giving the sim to is.
Old 27-05-2007, 12:33   #10
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
There is a credit limit but i think it`s quite high (mine is £200), i guess it comes down to how responsible the person you are giving the sim to is.
Can Virgin to put a spending limit on the account if asked?
Old 27-05-2007, 14:13   #11
Ronin
Inactive

I don`t know to be honest, i found this on the Virgin Mobile website

You can chat through the details around your credit limit with our team anytime you like. Just give us a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone.
Old 28-05-2007, 12:15   #12
rexie
Inactive

rexie is an unknown quantity at this point

When I set one up for my daughter and myself I noticed that they had loaded them both jointly for a £200 limit and I made them lower it to £50. I don't thnik it goes lower than that.
rexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 12:50   #13
Quam256
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Can you set a spending limit though....

Since the OP is giving it to their son, wouldn't want a nasty shock when the bill came in
Very true.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Quote:
A Teenager.

It was more for making the odd call or in a emergency,if that is possible with a teenager.
Old 28-05-2007, 13:31   #14
tripple
Inactive

tripple is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tripple Send a message via MSN to tripple

I have a Virgin contract on a cash back offer from e2save, so it works out at £5 a month for 250mins and 300 texts, and that included a phone. You can get some pretty good offers if you dont mind waiting a few months for the cash back.

http://www.e2save.com/o2-mobile-phone/Samsung-/D600PMCL
tripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 15:38   #15
homealone

I like to keep things as simple as possible & bought a Tesco Value Mobile SIM.

The special offer of the card plus £10 airtime for £5 looks ok, atm

http://www.tescophones.com/sim-only/

As said it will only do talk & text & is UK only, but 5p per text & 15p a minute calls are to all networks at all times.

The main disadvantage on this tariff is that you are tied to topping up via Tesco, but it can be done online or by phone with a credit or debit card.