Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile phones on the Virgin network?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile phones on the Virgin network?

Old 05-07-2007, 19:16   #1
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point
T-Mobile phones on the Virgin network?

Hi,

I have seen a good offer in Argos for the Samsung E900, but I am with Virgin and don't really want to switch now. But is it possible to use this T-Mobile phone on the Virgin network.

When i used to work with one2one I could use one2one phones with Virgin sim cards no problemo!

Is it the same with T-mobiel handsets.

Thank you,

Nick.
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2007, 19:23   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: T-Mobile phones on the Virgin network?

I think so.

It was the case a few years ago when I worked for T-Mobile and I haven't heard of any changes that would stop them being used now.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 19:43   #3
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Isn't it T Mobile that are the network that provides Virgin Mobile with their coverage?
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 21:23   #4
uggles
Inactive

uggles is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Isn't it T Mobile that are the network that provides Virgin Mobile with their coverage?
And fresh and probably others
uggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:22   #5
lincsat
Inactive

lincsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Tesco mobile too I believe.
lincsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 18:18   #6
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
Tesco mobile too I believe.
Tesco use O2.

T-Mobile phones work on Virgin, I've got SIMS for both and a T-Mobile phone, they work quite happily as far as I remember.
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 23:05   #7
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your replies, but the phone is the same price on the Virgin network.

Samsung e250
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 20:06   #8
simpsonsFAN
Inactive

simpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMNick View Post
Thank you for all your replies, but the phone is the same price on the Virgin network.

Samsung e250
Your first post says its a Samsung E900, but now you say its a Samsung e250... Are you comparing the same phone, and are you sure its the same price on both networks ??

-Chris
simpsonsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 19:52   #9
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

I tried this on a nokia 3410 which was locked to virgin and t-mobile sim cards were not accepted until I unlocked it at www.trycktill.com (Make sure u change the language of the site to English unless you can speak fluent Danish lol)However, i tried another phone which was locked to T-Mobile and took virgin sims.O2 locked phones take Tesco sims.But T-Mobile are rising cost of calls next week,so i'd stick with virgin.And another thing, I once bought the 5 day mates rates pass and I was able to make unlimited calls to Mobile World customers but not virgin customers. Isn't it supposed to be to just T-Mobile customers.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote