Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

Old 20-08-2009, 17:38   #1
mark ilford
Inactive

Services: skyHD, virgin 50meg, bt phone
mark ilford is an unknown quantity at this point
sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

hi all, just a quick question, my sky+ box is connected to samsung le40a686 tv through scart lead but the picture is slightly pixelated (kinda blocky edges) and not very clear. Downstairs i got sky+hd with sony bravia connected through hdmi. What i want to know is if i got another sky+hd box and connected it to my samsung would the picture be clearer on sd channels because of the hdmi cable or am i dreaming? any thoughts welcome.
mark ilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2009, 19:12   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

The Sky+HD box can upscale the SD channels when it is connected via HDMI, so yes it should look better.

When I got my Sky+HD box, there was a noticeable difference in picture quality on SD channels, with that connected via HDMI, compared to my old Sky box connected via SCART.

Getting a second box could be quite expensive though, certainly if you go via Sky.

To get a second SKy+HD box via Sky costs £199, plus it would also require another Sky+HD subscription.

Although you could always get one from a 3rd party supplier, thus avoiding the extra sub requirements. Probably wouldn't be much cheaper than Sky though for the box.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 19:55   #3
mark ilford
Inactive

Services: skyHD, virgin 50meg, bt phone
mark ilford is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

thanks for the reply, its the good news i wanted to hear as the picture at the moment is a bit disappointing in sd even though blu ray looks stunning. guess i'll be searching the net for a sky+hd box now haha
mark ilford is offline   Reply With Quote