Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CB'ing and Ham radio in the 21st Century

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CB'ing and Ham radio in the 21st Century
Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2012, 09:00   #106
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: CB'ing and Ham radio in the 21st Century

Actually was looking at Truetty (does all of the modes rtty/psk/amtor/...) as HRD won't control my old little radio so is basically useless..
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2012, 13:10   #107
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
as HRD won't control my old little radio so is basically useless..
My mistake... I thought that the digital side/rig-control/logging was all one program I didn;t realise that they were independent so yes HRD does look like the best option thank you for pointing that out to me.
Old 20-04-2012, 13:35   #108
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

no probs, works fine without the rig control. DM780 is a brilliant piece of software once you have it configured.

Tempted to have a dabble on hf later myself
Old 20-04-2012, 15:44   #109
Kymmy
Inactive

I see that the olympic frequencies have just been released via offcom and they're requesting hams don't use the following in geographically limited areas between 28th June 2012 and 23rd September 2012. The frequencies affected are segments of the 70cm band, and 2.390 - 2.400 GHz and 3.41 3.44 GHz.

The have requested that the following segments are kept free of Amateur signals in the areas identified in Annex A: 431 - 432 MHz, 432 - 433 MHz paired with 436.25 - 437.25 MHz and 438 - 439 MHz.
The microwave frequencies of 2.390 - 2.400 GHz and 3.41 3.44 GHz will only be used for the Games in the geographic areas identified in Annex B.

I hope that we've all also requested our NOV's for the Q and O secondary locators??

You can apply online for an instant NOV for both events
Old 20-04-2012, 17:47   #110
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Tempted to have a dabble on hf later myself
Just avoid 18.105... 9M0L is on there (from the Spratly Ilse) and there is the biggest rtty pileup I've ever seen
Old 20-04-2012, 18:23   #111
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Ah yes they're there until next week. A right motley looking bunch I must say.

I'll try and catch them on cw over the weekend. One other job needs doing is sorting out the cabling in my new car - the joyous job of finding a suitable way through the bulkhead. Was a lazy bum with the last one and just used the 10A accessory socket
Old 25-04-2012, 20:11   #112
Kymmy
Inactive

OMG, what a week on ebay.. Firstly a Yaesu standard mike for a 747/757/767 goes for £60+ (I bought one last year for £15) and now someone thinks that his 20ft scaffold pole and brackets is worth £125

Whatever next??? Perhaps a rotel 240 for a grand???
Old 25-04-2012, 21:55   #113
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
OMG, what a week on ebay.. Firstly a Yaesu standard mike for a 747/757/767 goes for £60+ (I bought one last year for £15) and now someone thinks that his 20ft scaffold pole and brackets is worth £125

Whatever next??? Perhaps a rotel 240 for a grand???
Just checked where the scaffy pole is. You can buy a house for that in Bolton.
Old 28-04-2012, 19:18   #114
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Looks like a certain CF mod has been on 20m PSK31 this evening talking to Finland
Old 28-04-2012, 19:29   #115
Kymmy
Inactive

You been listening to me??

Made a change from Ukraine, shouted CQ and got 4 of them back in a row!!!
Old 28-04-2012, 19:34   #116
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Ha someone been bitten by the PSK31 bug?
Old 28-04-2012, 19:37   #117
Kymmy
Inactive

Much prefer psk63, a lot faster at getting across the info...

It's a lot better now I've finished off my little radio interface, isolated the in/outs with some audio transformers and a salvaged opto-isolator (from an old broken CRT monitor) Means that the mouse/Keyboard now doesn't stop working due to the RF
Old 29-04-2012, 10:13   #118
Kymmy
Inactive

Well RTTY won the day with a short QSO with LU7HF (Argentina and no I didn't try to start a war) on 17m at about 22:20 last night Pity he doesn't eQSL as I don't believe in chopping down a tree and paying him $3 just to get a card
Old 29-04-2012, 10:19   #119
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

I've been on eQSL for as long as i've been on HF. Wish more people would get AG status though.

Have you had a PSK125 QSO yet?
Old 29-04-2012, 10:38   #120
Kymmy
Inactive

Not yet, Still trying to work out how to identify some of the squeeks and bleeps

Got AG status on eqsl within 24 hours of finding the site, I think it's great and even found some cards waiting theere from 4-5 years ago
Closed Thread