Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC Desire stll not come

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HTC Desire stll not come

Old 22-12-2010, 10:04   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
HTC Desire stll not come

I ordered my HTC Desireon Sunday thay said it would be here on Monday it did not come so on Tuesday I phoned Virgin and thay said that it was still in the warehouse and had not been ship out the guy sent them an E_mail and thay said it would be here today hope so

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2010, 10:12   #2
HD addicted
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia. Tivo. Phone M. Broadband L. Mobile.
HD addicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HTC Desire stll not come

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
I ordered my HTC Desireon Sunday thay said it would be here on Monday it did not come so on Tuesday I phoned Virgin and thay said that it was still in the warehouse and had not been ship out the guy sent them an E_mail and thay said it would be here today hope so

Andrew
Andrew is it an HTC Desire or a Desire HD?
HD addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:27   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If ordered Sunday it will probably be a HTC Desire standard model as the HD was only for release Monday.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 14:17   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Maybe its delivery has been delayed by all this white stuff the majority of the country seems to have

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 14:21   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Maybe it's delivery has been delayed by all this white stuff the majority of the country seems to have
My N8 was down for Saturday delivery but due to the weather it arrived yesterday.
Old 22-12-2010, 14:40   #6
andrew.shearman
Inactive

thanks it's ok it has now come. How do Ii get the back off to put the battary and sim card in? and how do I transfeir all my phonebook onto the new phone?

Andrew
Old 22-12-2010, 16:19   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
thanks it's ok it has now come. How do Ii get the back off to put the battary and sim card in? and how do I transfeir all my phonebook onto the new phone?

Andrew
Here is a link to the online user guides. http://www.htc.com/europe/userguide.aspx?p_id=312

If using the original sim card you ensure all your contacts are on the sim card by going into the settings and editing it accordingly, you may have to google your make and model for help.
Old 23-12-2010, 10:10   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

on top of the phone behind the power button there is a wee groove. You wedge the back off using a finger nail.
Old 23-12-2010, 10:19   #9
andrew.shearman
Inactive

thanks but dose not help I need to know how to

1 copy all my phone number to the phone than I can put the new sim card in
2 change the fonts for phonebook and reading text messages I am Visually Impaired i can see the screen on the phone but it whould help me if the fonts were a bit larger?

Andrew
Old 23-12-2010, 11:43   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It should help as thats what you asked.

If you have your contacts on the SIM card you should be able to copy them to the phone.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:14   #11
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

I don't have a Desire but I'll tell you how I do it on Android and hopefully it's similar. Although I have no idea what customisation HTC have done to all the apps.

Open your Contacts app, click MENU then Import/Export.
You should have an option to 'Import from SIM card'.

As for changing the text size. You'll struggle on this. If you have Froyo (2.2) you can change the font size in the Gmail app and in the browser. Have a look under Settings / Accessibility to see if you have some things there that might help if your visually impaired - you may have kickback and soundback but as mentioned no idea if this will be in your version of Android.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 16:55   #12
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

if it came with a micro sd card check that for the pdf instruction manual
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 22:08   #13
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok I have transfired all my phone numbers to my phone. So I can make the text message's larger what is chomp SMS how do I get it and can I make styel of text bold?

PS I don't think I get the CD software for my phone can I downlode the software to my pc?

Andrew
Old 23-12-2010, 22:36   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
ok I have transfired all my phone numbers to my phone. So I can make the text message's larger what is chomp SMS how do I get it and can I make styel of text bold?

PS I don't think I get the CD software for my phone can I downlode the software to my pc?

Andrew
Chomp links http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en#...610b7113b09eab
Old 23-12-2010, 23:46   #15
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:

Andrew
As I advised you before, go to the android Market and search for chomp SMS. You change e font type and size in the chomp settings.

What cd software?