Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What do you have now in terms of a TV Box
View Poll Results: Which TV Box do you have?
V6 34 54.84%
Virgin TV 360 box 17 27.42%
Not with VM 7 11.29%
Tivo 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-03-2024, 18:47   #16
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you know if/when people will be forcibly migrated from V6 to 360?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
We probably need another option on this poll then !
If not three:
- TiVo
- V6 and TiVo
- Stream
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2024, 23:28   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes

If not three:
- TiVo
- V6 and TiVo
- Stream
Are you able to say when forced migration will start?

Are there still even older boxes on the network where people now receive only Channels 1 to 5?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2024, 13:26   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Are you able to say when forced migration will start?
No

Quote:
Are there still even older boxes on the network where people now receive only Channels 1 to 5?
No
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 12:01   #19
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Tivo should be added as there are people here who still have a Tivo box.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 13:17   #20
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Remember there is still a need for the original TiVo as it doesn't require a broadband connection. I know one or two older customers that have no interest in having broadband (no smartphone, tablet etc) but want pay TV.

I would then assume if you have to keep the original TiVo then there is little point in forcing V6 to 360 migration as the software still needs to be supported somehow.

Of course the answer would be to offer 'free' broadband to those original TiVo customers migrating to a 360, VM wouldn't do that surely
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 14:38   #21
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Remember there is still a need for the original TiVo as it doesn't require a broadband connection. I know one or two older customers that have no interest in having broadband (no smartphone, tablet etc) but want pay TV.

I would then assume if you have to keep the original TiVo then there is little point in forcing V6 to 360 migration as the software still needs to be supported somehow.

Of course the answer would be to offer 'free' broadband to those original TiVo customers migrating to a 360, VM wouldn't do that surely
Perhaps one solution would be similar to the digital voice product where customers are provided with a hub that can't otherwise access the internet.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 14:48   #22
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It does require a broadband connection - but not a broadband subscription so no hub. The subscriber does not have access to that broadband service.

Quote:

ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2024, 19:40   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Tivo should be added as there are people here who still have a Tivo box.
Added.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2024, 00:15   #24
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Added.
thanks mod! apologies all for missing the original tivo which i had. my friend has it and it went so slow he just disconnected it even though he still pays for virgin media tv....

Isnt it slow for people still with it?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2024, 07:34   #25
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I know someone with it and for watching TV it's perfectly fine. They use apps on their TV and a games console to stream.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2024, 13:11   #26
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It does require a broadband connection - but not a broadband subscription so no hub. The subscriber does not have access to that broadband service.
Yes, that is what I meant. To a non techie with a TiVo they haven't got a broadband connection. In reality, there is one as part of the box, it is just not physically seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Perhaps one solution would be similar to the digital voice product where customers are provided with a hub that can't otherwise access the internet.
Good idea, I didn't know such a hub existed.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2024, 15:41   #27
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What's the price difference between standalone TV and the equivalent bundle? I assume standalone TV is a legacy product they don't retail any more.

Edit: lol the cheapest broadband plus TV option is 100 a month for 132 meg and 190 channels. Much, much cheaper to take the digital voice product too at £39 a month.

Last edited by jfman; 28-03-2024 at 15:45.
Old 29-03-2024, 10:15   #28
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

I think sooner rather than later VM will write to TV only customers telling them that the Tivo box will be switched off on this date and you need to 'upgrade' to VM's broadband service if you wish to continue to access television services via Virgin Media.

I wonder if Virgin Media would add a note in the small print of that letter that if you refuse the 'upgrade' you will be seen as breaching your contract and be made to pay contract break charges, which I believe is every single penny you would have paid for the remaining period of the contract.

I'm just so relieved that I am no longer a customer of Virgin Media.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 13:04   #29
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I can't see them charging the customer for breaching their contract when it'd be Virgin ceasing the service. Chances are the vast majority are on a rolling deal anyway.
Old 29-03-2024, 23:44   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I doubt it would be legal to charge them if they removed the service.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote