Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Round Up Rip Off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Round Up Rip Off

Old 21-12-2010, 22:28   #1
myutopia
Inactive

myutopia is an unknown quantity at this point
Round Up Rip Off

I've been with Virgin for a while and decided that I'm paying Virgin far too much for what I use. I mainly use broadband, practically never use the telephone and the TV offering is so rubbish for what I need I may as well be on freeview.

So I've decided to go down a broadband only route and look into getting a mobile, maybe with Virgin so I can get Mobile broadband too and for the rare phone calls I will make.

However I work colleague how is with Virgin checked a family members bill and found that although she'd used in total around 170 minute she'd been billed for almost the equivelant of 300.

Several calls to virgin that resulted in them spending more time being interupted by the CSR rather than helped and after finally getting put through to a supervisor they soon got to the bottom of it, that VM are rounding up to the nearest full minute.

Looking on the internet and on here it seems this has been going on since 2007.

Is this really legal, contract or not they still have to be reasonable and this seems an unreasonable charge, after all if they can itimise on your bill to the exact second they can surely work out the appropriate charge to the Tarriff that they advertise.

Does anyone know of a provider that doesn't use these sharp practise that are nothing more than a con to seperate you from your cash while doing as little as possible?

I've never really been bothered with mobiles till now as I've usually used a company one.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.
myutopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement