Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub & Virgin Media Business

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Old 03-10-2011, 11:03   #136
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

The store link had vanished last week or so. I was told by a VMB account manager that 3rd was the day when orders could be accepted....
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33   #137
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have just been updated and it should be available within a couple of weeks.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39   #138
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

I called the sales number - they too said a couple of weeks, but that the date of the 3rd I got from a VMB account manager might be that the account management team can order now and that the small/medium business team in a couple of weeks.

Have emailed the contact that sugested today for clarification.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50   #139
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Not true, when its ready to go live it will be for SMB and Public Sector at the same time.

They wouldn't be able to order it now, it needs to be live and on the system for them to do that. So whenever it goes live that is when it can be ordered.
Old 03-10-2011, 20:53   #140
ccarmock
cf.geek

Interesting. We are definitely being told different things then. But the whole launch of this has been very hit & miss all along.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:39   #141
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Interesting. We are definitely being told different things then. But the whole launch of this has been very hit & miss all along.
I think my info would be the most accurate as I am in the department that load the orders on to the billing system and arrange installs. Sales people aren't the most clued up people imo.
Old 05-10-2011, 00:07   #142
ccarmock
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think my info would be the most accurate as I am in the department that load the orders on to the billing system and arrange installs. Sales people aren't the most clued up people imo.
I don't doubt you for a minute. Just relaying what I was told by a VMB account manager.

Good to hear we're only talking a couple of weeks anyway. I am keen to switch to the new service but have got a little frustrated at the delay after delay with it so I am pleased to hear it's close now.
Old 06-10-2011, 13:27   #143
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well with any new product launch there can and usually is a few delays. After all they don't want any problems when it does go live.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:03   #144
ccarmock
cf.geek

Totally agree, and would much rather this was a reliable service when it launches. Though the delays have been pretty significant on this - originally the plan was to launch at the end of 2010 I was told.

I know there has been no confirmation, and I doubt there will be, but since the Superhub hardware (with a different firmware stream) will be used to provide this service it's easy to form a view that the delays in this service have been related to the core firmware issues with the Superhub.

Hopefully modem mode on the business service will now be supported from day one, though I was told that might not be the case, but this was before R30 was available.

Still hopefully we're still on track for this to be available in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:52   #145
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

As I understood it it'll use modem mode ccarmock, with a Cisco router behind it handling PPPoE duty, this may not be the case now though as the Superhub's 'father' the CG3101D can also do PPPoE though this is disabled on the residential Superhub.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 23:49   #146
ccarmock
cf.geek

Interesting. Do you know if the Cisco router they proposed to supply is mandatory? I ask sine I have a Cisco 881W sitting behind a Scientific Atlantic EPC2100 modem ont he 10 Mb/s businesss service at the moment
Old 09-10-2011, 14:13   #147
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Weird, my modem got a new UCD two weeks ago and now has QAM16 modulation on the upstream (still on 2560 symbol rate though). It had been QSPK for the last three years. I wonder if it's a change due to the new packages launch?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 20:13   #148
ccarmock
cf.geek

Has your area had the upstream upgrade yet Kymmy? I'd expect this to be part of that work as opposed to any changes for the business packages.

I have been on QPSK since I had the service - there was a brief couple of days on 16QAM. I am fed from New Malden where the network needs fairly extensive work to provide the upstream upgrade.

Hopefully the new services will laucnh soon - any more news Stephen?
Old 09-10-2011, 20:25   #149
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The upstream and 100Mb was upgraded on the residential service months ago in this area. I did check the upstream details when it happened in the hope of the business following residential but that never happened. If it was part of that upgrade I would have expected the symbol rate to have doubled.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 20:32   #150
ccarmock
cf.geek

Yes I agree - I'd have expected this to change together with Symbol rate at the time the area was done. Even if the business services don't use the new profiles yet, I would have thought the symbol rate and coding would change for everyone on that cable.