Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2009, 21:57   #1351
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
last i checked it got csi which is the top rated show in america
How many other channels also have this show? It seems to be on everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furnell View Post
That aint being sold with the VMTV package, besides UKTV/BBC Worldwide has first refusal, so we dont have to worry about VMs share being sold to Sky.
And if they decide to refuse ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
surely if Sky are bidding it shows the channels are profitable and so VM should keep them.
No; it just shows they have an audience, not that they're making money from them. Maybe $ky see a way to make them profitable as part of their set of channels, by cross-selling or something; or maybe they just want to asset-strip the contracts and shut the channels down. Time will tell...
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2009, 15:18   #1352
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

All gone quiet on the "Suprise" front

Did they run out of 50p's for the meter??
Old 14-06-2009, 15:25   #1353
Morden
Inactive

Services: Cable, Freeview DVD recorder, telephone L, BB L, TV xl, V+
Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by call08 View Post
yer virgin media is in debt of 6 bill thts why there selling them ino there profitable but when yu have big debt yu must have no choice surely
Virgin Media have 6 bills, i would have thought that they get more than 6 bills. I mean I must get about 6 per month, what with council tax, virgin media, electricity.
Though how does a bill equate with debt, and what does 'ino' mean and who is yu ?
is that Johnny Yu from the film last dragon ?

Is he in big debt ?

Does he hold Virgin bills ? Do Virgin bills = Shares ?

If that is true then who is johnny Yu in debt to ?
Old 14-06-2009, 19:47   #1354
call08
Inactive

Services: V+ xl broaband 8.2 meg service
call08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
Virgin Media have 6 bills, i would have thought that they get more than 6 bills. I mean I must get about 6 per month, what with council tax, virgin media, electricity.
Though how does a bill equate with debt, and what does 'ino' mean and who is yu ?
is that Johnny Yu from the film last dragon ?

Is he in big debt ?

Does he hold Virgin bills ? Do Virgin bills = Shares ?

If that is true then who is johnny Yu in debt to ?
one word okay as in i don't get it
Old 14-06-2009, 21:07   #1355
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

Someone that I know has a "dodgy" box, which I do not agree with seeing I pay £100 to Virgin, but anywho, there have been a few test channels on there, simulcasting the adult stills (SD), this is on the ex-telewest area in Newcastle.

Old 14-06-2009, 21:12   #1356
Tijer
Inactive

Services: SKY TV, Phone, Internet Xbox 360, PS3, PSP
Tijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tijer Send a message via AIM to Tijer Send a message via MSN to Tijer Send a message via Yahoo to Tijer

Quote:
Originally Posted by call08 View Post
one word okay as in i don't get it
i think the other poster was taking the mick
Old 15-06-2009, 11:43   #1357
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This week list update now online - see post one.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-06-2009, 11:53   #1358
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Jetix will rebrand in autum to disney xd, should be noted teh programming on jetix is already chanign to disney xd programming
Old 15-06-2009, 12:32   #1359
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Disney XD already exists in the US and France and targets boys aged 6 to 14, but is also “girl-inclusive”. It will be the first channel of its kind in the UK when it launches in around August.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...002475.article

Info from Broadcast.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Virgin Media plans music downloads service

Universal Music joins forces with Virgin Media for service allowing unlimited downloads for a monthly fee.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...rsal-downloads
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-06-2009, 13:26   #1360
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media plans music downloads service

Universal Music joins forces with Virgin Media for service allowing unlimited downloads for a monthly fee.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...rsal-downloads
Do you think Virgin Media's "nice surprise" might be the bundling of this service with it larger TV packages? Because that would be a nice surprise!
Old 15-06-2009, 14:44   #1361
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Do you think Virgin Media's "nice surprise" might be the bundling of this service with it larger TV packages? Because that would be a nice surprise!
If they have it will be the XL package only or maybe XXL package if they decide they need a new one jsut like they did for 50mb
Old 15-06-2009, 20:00   #1362
jab1990
Inactive

jab1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news yet, or a date when it is going to be announced.
Old 16-06-2009, 00:00   #1363
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Post Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moroboshi View Post
Living is one of the worst. It has those utterly retarded 'psychic' shows, where idiots get to 'talk' to a dead person, or as it's also known, get conned on a TV show. Oh and 'ghost' hunt shows too.

It's a channel aimed at simple minded people with IQs in single digits.
Actually, much of that content seems to have been relegated to Living2 whereas Living (and +1 and +2) has a balanced mix of comedy, drama. documentary and music news (http://www.livingtv.co.uk/shows/tv-schedule.php). I primarily watch the drama (e.g. CSI, Criminal Minds etc.) but watch 'Nothing to Declare' and 'Passport Patrol' as 'easy viewing' when I'm doing something else.

I haven't watched the comedy on Living for a while but it's a mix of things I watched as a kid (e.g. Bewitched), things aimed at a teenage audience (e.g. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and the rest are just not my style of comedy. In summary, at certain times of the day, typically evening, it's great and at other times I have better programmes to watch elsewhere.

Overall a !

Some of the content on Living could benefit from HD but I would prefer to see Discovery, History and Nat. Geo. in HD first. I'm not a sports fan but can see the advantage of HD there too.

I have to admit that I don't have a HD TV or V+ Box yet but may get the latter soon just for the PVR capability. As the UK goes digital I expect more people will take up HD, economic 'climate change' permitting, and I'll probably join them at that stage when more content is available and the choice and cost of HD TVs is more favourable.

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 22:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Hey has anyone else noticed that there 3 more channels gone off the epg ? I havent been able to figure out which but it says on the normal v box that the total services now are 297 when the other day it was 300
In Aylesbury, ex-NTL, ex-CWC, Bromley platform on a standard Pace V Box I have 301 channels (31 streams) down from, most recently, 305 and, at one time, 309 channels (if I recall correctly). I guess less is more as they say.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 16-06-2009, 07:00   #1364
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
=== What happened on Virgin Media On Demand this month ===
New Channels added:
No new Channels has been added to Virgin on Demand so far this month...

Channels removed from Virgin on Demand:
4th. Two Catch-up on Demand channels was removed by Virgin Media but I cant think of they names so if you know pm me
Any more thoughts on this? Do we know what we lost?
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 16-06-2009, 07:49   #1365
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab1990 View Post
Any news yet, or a date when it is going to be announced.
They say autumn, but defo before Christmas
Closed Thread